Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Casting Dick Grayson for Nightwing film

I've heard several names associated with who will play Dick Grayson in the (hopefully made soon) Nightwing film.

The name Aaron Taylor-Johnson keeps popping up but so do others.

Who would you like to play DG and who do you think will probably get the role?

Get in a time machine and get Matt Bomer from when that show Chuck had just started.

In fact, that casting choice is only a bit less likely than the movie actually happening. So who will probably get the role? No one.

Cast older, late forties early fifties actor, make it a Nightwing: The New Order adaptation.

There's no one that really comes to mind. I'd rather go for an unknown who has something to prove and really embodies the character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Nick Jonas or Zac Efron. Unashamedly.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    There's no one that really comes to mind. I'd rather go for an unknown who has something to prove and really embodies the character.
    Yep, same.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Taylor Lautner

I dont know, honestly. I dont really keep up with Hollywood and no one screams "Nightwing" to me. So I say "unknown" but only because I have no idea who most of these actors are.

You need someone who's pretty as hell but doesn't look soft. Which is a tough look to pull off believably. So Charlie Hunnam (from Sons of Anarchy) comes to mind since he managed it in SoA, but he's maybe a little too old for the role now, and I'm not sure if he'd really be a good choice in the first place.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The guy on Titans is about a deadringer for Dick. If it weren't for the show's grimdark setting, and that Dick being written as basically a psychopath, I'd put him forward.

Barry Keoghan, for sure.

My choice will always be Steven Yeun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Nick Jonas or Zac Efron. Unashamedly.
    Good shout. Especially Jonas for looks. He should have the acting chops too, did some stage acting I believe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Good shout. Especially Jonas for looks. He should have the acting chops too, did some stage acting I believe.
    Plus he did 3 seasons of the show about a boxing family called 'Kingdom'. He was very good in that one IMO.

Ian Somerhalder would have been perfect back in the day but he is too old now

Wouldn't object to one of the GOT guys like Kit Harington or Richard Madden

Zac Efron would work too
    Last edited by Schumiac; 04-05-2019 at 04:16 PM.