Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

I wonder if their changes involve putting Bendis on every book, starting with Batman?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member

BATMAN/CATWOMAN #1 Continues Tom King’s story (12 issue) in January 2020.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...at-cat-romance

Batman 85 is Tom's last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So people over here know, here's the confirmation. King is leaving Batman and getting his own Batman/Catwoman maxi series that'll run monthly. https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...at-cat-romance

And now we just have to wait for the "when" King or someone reveals exactly how last minute this decision was.

(Also side note, since it states DC's plans for 2020 is making changes to their line, with the first being making Batman monthly again, I wonder if this means all of their books will be switching to monthly now, which at this point I believe is just Flash and Wonder Woman remaining)
    Justice League is twice monthly. Tec too.
    Last edited by Denirac; 05-24-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

And with Batman going monthly, it's now just those four. I'm surprised Diana didn't go monthly when G Willow Wilson took over. Flash will probably go monthly when it gets a new writer. Isn't it going to be the longest running Rebirth series, the only one left that's kept both the same writer and a double ship schedule, now that King's off Batman?

Sidenote: someone needs to update the thread title to say that the rumour is now confirmed to be the truth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

they said something about Batman becoming monthly so that to incorporate it better with DC Universe and continuity... Am I to assume this is their way of saying "King will get to do whatever Batman/Catwoman fanfic he wants to write over at this brand new title we are creating to appease him, and we are going to give our main Batman title to some new talent so we can go ahead with our in-continuity stories because we like our canon Batman to remain sngle"?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Since King’s run ends at 85 and goes back to monthly, does this mean it’s getting relaunched with a brand new #1 too or does it follow up with #86?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    they said something about Batman becoming monthly so that to incorporate it better with DC Universe and continuity... Am I to assume this is their way of saying "King will get to do whatever Batman/Catwoman fanfic he wants to write over at this brand new title we are creating to appease him, and we are going to give our main Batman title to some new talent so we can go ahead with our in-continuity stories because we like our canon Batman to remain sngle"?
    could be, but Mitch Gerads said on twitter that it's 100% in continuity, so...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    could be, but Mitch Gerads said on twitter that it's 100% in continuity, so...
    Looks like out of the Big Three (Superman, Batman & Spider-Man) that only Spidey will be going stag from now on lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Since King’s run ends at 85 and goes back to monthly, does this mean it’s getting relaunched with a brand new #1 too or does it follow up with #86?
    If they're that close to issue #100, they may not want to relaunch just yet with a new #1 issue.
    (Especially if whoever takes over the writing with issue #86 isn't going to be around beyond issue #100 on that title.)

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    You sure said a mouthful.

Great news! He can make wonders with a 12 issues maxiseries and in a monthly schedule even without the 20 issues more he wanted
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Some may enjoy this filler more than the previous run.
    Or the writer or writers could merely produce standard issue Batman stories that may only be mediocre. DC doesn't have the best record here lately with regard to replacement writers after all. See Batgirl and Nightwing. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Or the writer or writers could merely produce standard issue Batman stories that may only be mediocre. DC doesn't have the best record here lately with regard to replacement writers after all. See Batgirl and Nightwing. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Exactly.

This just feels like another instance of DC not really being able to figure out what they are doing.

The odds that this will be some sort of an exception seem pretty low.

Fantastic Member

I believe it will be the exception get a writer who understands and likes writing batman as a hero instant improvement over tom kings version which will be a crappy altverse for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/23/tom-king-batman
    The argument that has made to me is that King’s Batman is too esoteric for the main book on which so much of the publisher rests.
    Honestly I have to agree with that.

The last kind of conventional Batman story in Kings run was imo "Everyone Loves Ivy" that finished a year ago. Since than it was mostly filler, character studies and other experimental stuff. You can do an issue like that one in a while but not for an entire year, at least not in the main Batbook, and not even in TEC.

Thats stuff for more esoteric Batbooks, like "Legends of the Dark Knight" or "Batman Black an White".