Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I find it interesting that DC approved a 103 issue run of a guy who has only done 12 issue minis except Grayson were he had co-writers. I would think before approving that they would have said hey do 25 issues lets see how it goes. It is a bit of poor management on DCs end for not making sure he can do this long term and make it work.
    I think at the time King was on a creative high as a rising star writer so they put him on a flagship book and saw where it went from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think at the time King was on a creative high as a rising star writer so they put him on a flagship book and saw where it went from there.
    They should have done like they did for Snyder let him work Detective Comics first to see how he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, you would say he had a price to pay and that DC tried to save their heroes in crisis ?
    they just have decided that his vision of the DCU was such a depressing verse that a miracle would be needed for the heroes to regain their alpha and omega status.

Astonishing Member

They should have done like they did for Snyder let him work Detective Comics first to see how he does.
    But that is exactly what they did. How is King any different from Snyder who largely got Batman due to the Black Mirror arc with Dick Grayson/Dickbats? The only difference is King had Grayson (and Seely as a cowriter) .

If they see a downwards trend in the most popular book they have they are going to do what needs to be done to save it. Even if the numbers are not that low the point is they do not want them getting lower then having to rebuild it to be the flagship book for DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Yeah just forget it lol

Incredible Member

Is DC ever going to say anything about this? How long can King himself keep quiet? He's already liking some tweets regarding this whole situation, like one that says it'd be nice for them to announce that there's going to be an actual ending, so fans aren't scared that it'll just be an unfinished, 85-issue run (Gerads liked that tweet too, so maybe there's something coming?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    But that is exactly what they did. How is King any different from Snyder who largely got Batman due to the Black Mirror arc with Dick Grayson/Dickbats? The only difference is King had Grayson (and Seely as a cowriter) .
    Well you see one was writing a Batman book well the other was a spy book that fits the guy who was in the CIA. Its not the same as a Batman book, also Black Mirror blows King Batman out of the water. One got kicked off the book the other did not in fact the other is so successful at it he keeps coming back for more Batman

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Is DC ever going to say anything about this? How long can King himself keep quiet? He's already liking some tweets regarding this whole situation, like one that says it'd be nice for them to announce that there's going to be an actual ending, so fans aren't scared that it'll just be an unfinished, 85-issue run (Gerads liked that tweet too, so maybe there's something coming?)
    Heroes In Crisis #9 comes out next week, so we know he's going to be talking about that, and even he knows he can't get away with acting like nothing happened, so I would imagine by then we'll be getting some kind of confirmation or clarification on what is going on. The fact that neither has said anything by now I think indicates that there's more going on then just "he's leaving".

My theory is that King may still be in some negotiation phase with whoever to work out what he could be doing, and that's why they're all hush.

I'm still wondering how DC would be able to make a public announcement at this point WITHOUT a huge onslaught of negative PR. They can't really get away with the "Leaving on his own terms" considering everyone already knows that's false. How would the people on DC Daily be able to talk about this? This isn't like what happened with any of their other smaller or out there projects, this is their LITERAL BIGGEST BOOK, it's just gonna create a bigger hole of a mess.

Astonishing Member

Well you see one was writing a Batman book well the other was a spy book that fits the guy who was in the CIA.
    Again I ask how is that any different given one was writing Dick Grayson as Batman and the other was writing Grayson as a spy? They are both temporary deviations from the status quo of him being Nighwing. Trying to claim one is not like the other is just pedantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm still wondering how DC would be able to make a public announcement at this point WITHOUT a huge onslaught of negative PR. They can't really get away with the "Leaving on his own terms" considering everyone already knows that's false. How would the people on DC Daily be able to talk about this? This isn't like what happened with any of their other smaller or out there projects, this is their LITERAL BIGGEST BOOK, it's just gonna create a bigger hole of a mess.
    The Harras lead DC simply doesn't have a clue about PR and optics. One such example was cancelling Q&As with CBR because the pre-selected softball questions were too hard for them. Or with New 52 the random firings and revolving door of writers that undermined people's confidence in New 52 and DC until apparently they decided to change tactics and have writers "announce" their departures.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Heroes In Crisis #9 comes out next week, so we know he's going to be talking about that, and even he knows he can't get away with acting like nothing happened, so I would imagine by then we'll be getting some kind of confirmation or clarification on what is going on. The fact that neither has said anything by now I think indicates that there's more going on then just "he's leaving".

My theory is that King may still be in some negotiation phase with whoever to work out what he could be doing, and that's why they're all hush.

Right, and it not like they can lean on sales as a reason really unless they have a better replacement ready. Cause how does that look. Oh King’s sales weren’t good enough, so please enjoy 15 issues of Scott Lobdell to increase sales.

I do feel bad for those who are fans of King and his run.

Me personally, this is great news.

Incredible Member

Right. The sales thing is just laughable on its face, considering they have no one lined up and it's going to be 7 months of random filler until someone else can take over. Yeah, that's really going to boost your sales.

No, the issue is either with King's ending or just an issue with King altogether. But if it's just King himself (because Harras hates him and doesn't like his book), then letting him go all the way up to 85 and then not letting him finish it when you have nothing to replace it with is absurd. That makes no sense.

Astonishing Member

Actually they have about 7 months of material (assumes double shipping and him leaving at #85) before the new writer comes onboard. So they probably have time to start assembling a new creative team and get them to create new material. If it's someone fast like Bendis paired with a fast artist, they probably won't have problems with a time crunch.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-23-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    For any one who is writing off the sales for The Hulk, you clearly have not read this run. Al Ewing is putting on a masterclass with this title and it is absolutely fantastic....
    This, the book is a gem right now one to be treasured. I absolutely adore Ewing's run. It is the most I have enjoyed Hulk ever.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."