Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

I see a lot of people thinking that DC screwed over TK after his interview announcing a "change for a generation". But I'm wondering if he wasn't actually saying that to try and force the change to be accepted. Perhaps there was resistance and he felt that if the word come out, people would want to see it and DC would be forced to comply. Only for the whole move to backfire on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    For any one who is writing off the sales for The Hulk, you clearly have not read this run. Al Ewing is putting on a masterclass with this title and it is absolutely fantastic.

Any way to get back to the topic at hand. This all smells of Didio, who likes to stir things up because he dreads "apathy".
    I actually dont think this is DiDio, he likes King and King has done him HUGE favours (*Cough Nightwing and Wally*Cough*), to me this sounds like a Higher Power than DiDio or Lee stepped in
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I see a lot of people thinking that DC screwed over TK after his interview announcing a "change for a generation". But I'm wondering if he wasn't actually saying that to try and force the change to be accepted. Perhaps there was resistance and he felt that if the word come out, people would want to see it and DC would be forced to comply. Only for the whole move to backfire on him.
    I know. Fans jumping to conclusions when they don't have all the facts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    I know, its only wishful thinking lol
    he will probably end up sharing her cell for aggravated assault on the authorities(james Gordon) and child abuse punching Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Korath, You Genius, You’ve nailed what I was thinking, I’m betting King’s been becoming more and more concerning to Upper Management (above DiDio) due to his VERY public controversy with Wally West and Heroes in Crisis, Walmart Superman, The Wedding, 4 Months of Knightmares, and I think that made them reluctant at best to let him “Change Batman for a Generation” but King’s Ego got in the way and he wanted this to happen so he tried to drum up support from the Fans to leverage DC and WB into doing what he wanted, but unlike when he had the Editor removed 2 Years ago, King’s VERY controversial now and that came back to burn him when he tried playing with Fire by trying to build and Leverage Fan Support to change Batman Forever against DC/WB’s wished
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I actually dont think this is DiDio, he likes King and King has done him HUGE favours (*Cough Nightwing and Wally*Cough*), to me this sounds like a Higher Power than DiDio or Lee stepped in
    One of the links said it's AT&T who owns DC

Forgot which one

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I know. Fans jumping to conclusions when they don't have all the facts.
    This more or less sums up this entire thread in a nutshell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Never intended to
    Source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Korath, You Genius, You’ve nailed what I was thinking, I’m betting King’s been becoming more and more concerning to Upper Management (above DiDio) due to his VERY public controversy with Wally West and Heroes in Crisis, Walmart Superman, The Wedding, 4 Months of Knightmares, and I think that made them reluctant at best to let him “Change Batman for a Generation” but King’s Ego got in the way and he wanted this to happen so he tried to drum up support from the Fans to leverage DC and WB into doing what he wanted, but unlike when he had the Editor removed 2 Years ago, King’s VERY controversial now and that came back to burn him when he tried playing with Fire by trying to build and Leverage Fan Support to change Batman Forever against DC/WB’s wished
    When he said that he would change Batman forever® it was a tweet or a interview? If was a interview, DC PR needs to approve it, so there was people backing him up on DC. I'm sure Jim and Didio gave him greenlight to do anything on his books.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was what happened, King has a story of having a ego

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Know I'm late to the party but I wanted to say I'm really glad King may be removed off of this title. His run started of interesting but now all of his books just seem like he is working out his weird personal issues through characters who do not belong to him or even fit the narrative he is trying to run with.
    He often do this on his books and it is becoming very obvious. Also he is more interested on writing Catwoman than Batman
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-23-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Mosameen

For me I liked his run at first then the he started milking the **** out of his BatCat story and promises never delivered. For him to change Batman for generations is something I don't trust him with. And then there is the question of then what. What if he changed Batman as he said. Is it something planned by DC or it's something he just wants to do?. I always thought what if Bruce married Selina are we going to see a timescape or not?. I guess TK is better off writing a maxi series or even an elseworld where he'll find more freedom to do what he want.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Random, wild speculation: King/Gerads are shifting to THE BAT AND THE CAT, a monthly that focuses on Bruce and Selina's marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    he will probably end up sharing her cell for aggravated assault on the authorities(james Gordon) and child abuse punching Timothy.
    Maybe can he work a little something out with Gordon, some community service or a reduce sentence lol Batman doing community service
    I'd have them apart, he'll probably wanna cave her head in for standing him up lol

Mighty Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...m-king-batman/

Lot of detail in Rich's piece at BC.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Bleeding Cool has published a followup of yesterday's report: The Morning After… The Tom King Batman News Broke. I found it a very nice piece, covering both reactions to the initial scoop, some more fledgling details on the background, and Johnston's own thoughts on King's run.

In many ways, Tom King’s Batman is a quixotic storyline, about a broken, damaged man, who knows he should stop. His love, his family, his father, all point out how he can only be happy if he stops. And if he is happy he can’t go on. But he does, rejecting his own happiness for his own drive, tilting at all the windmills that Gotham has to offer. And in some ways that is also Tom King’s run on Batman, a planned-for 100 issue run on a mainstream superhero comic has never been attempted before. Let alone one that makes sixties camp a key recurring feature while simultaneously plumbing the depths of humanity, layering separate storylines upon each other that combine with real surprise, and even brings in Elmer Fudd. What’s more quixotic than even attempting such a thing?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Maybe can he work a little something out with Gordon, some community service or a reduce sentence lol Batman doing community service
    I'd have them apart, he'll probably wanna cave her head in for standing him up lol
    well she could always scratch his eyes out first Ha ha and render him blind as a bat! so it's not like Bruce has a advantage over her because unlike the Lois lanes and Mary Jane's of the comic verse she can actually whip her Beau's ass if it comes down to a throwdown or at least let him know he has been in a fight.