Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm not the biggest Tom King fan, but I was under the impression he still had pretty wide pull at DC (and he's more or less still a critical darling), so it would kind of surprise me to think DC would take him off the book earlier then he'd planned.

Maybe they're not happy with the sales? I doubt they care about the Heroes in Crisis controversy.

Mitch Gerads published a cryptic tweet

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...579900416?s=20
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

I'm down for this if true.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

Wow, DC. Just. Wow.
    Here is a writer who has seriously elevated the medium and this is the thanks he and his fans get?
    Batman is immediately off my pull list after issue 85.
    Rebirth all seems so long ago now...

It's not my favorite era of Batman but this would suck.

Half the reason I still buy this book is because I was holding out for the conclusion of King's run at 100.

It's not easy to continue justifying the expenses of following comics for me anymore and this might just be the end of it all for me.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

There is conversation going in another thread as well....I just posted the Gerads tweet there...his seems more positive of a tweet. What if they jump King onto a spinoff Bat-title to finish his run...so he's off Batman but still writing his story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    There is conversation going in another thread as well....I just posted the Gerads tweet there...his seems more positive of a tweet. What if they jump King onto a spinoff Bat-title to finish his run...so he's off Batman but still writing his story?
    Similar things happened with Grant Morrison

There's nothing stopping him from concluding his run at 85 [if this rumour is even true]. Like someone else on here said change the pacing.
    All is not lost and King isn't the 1st person to be pulled off a book. They did that to Tomasi and replaced with the lower selling Bendis.

Incredible Member

He said the City of Bane would go from 75-82, then a three issue Aftermath. Then the last 15 or so.

If this ends at 85, all it wraps up is the Bane stuff, and the Selina/Catwoman stuff, what's been left hanging in the air ever since the non-wedding (which he PROMISED was part of a complete story and wasn't over, etc) doesn't get resolved. That would be total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Right...Batman and Robin and Batman Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They never gave Grant the boot off a book they only made him wrap up a story then fit the second part into new 52. I hope King is gone it has been a garbage run for a long time now sad it took DC 70 something issues to realize King sucks. I would imagine once Hulk passed Batman in sales they decided. He also lost 40,000 readers between April last year and April this year so lots are bailing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    They never gave Grant the boot off a book they only made him wrap up a story then fit the second part into new 52. I hope King is gone it has been a garbage run for a long time now sad it took DC 70 something issues to realize King sucks. I would imagine once Hulk passed Batman in sales they decided. He also lost 40,000 readers between April last year and April this year so lots are bailing.
    It's just conjecture that (a) he's getting booted from the main book and (b) being moved to another book. It's not hard to imagine that Rich got only part of the story and instead King and DC decided to do a relaunch of sorts for Batman and Catwoman (or whatever the title might be) to get more eyes on this big change to the bat-mythos. So it very much could be like Morrison creating B&R so the title matches the focus of the book. Who knows, though? DC might backtrack on whatever they're doing now, switch everything out, and then announce Doomsday Clock isn't ever finishing.

While I'm (mostly) enjoying King's run, I do hope whoever DC brings in for Batman is someone you and I both enjoy - hopefully it's not a cluster %$#@ like whatever happened on 'Tec between Tynion and Tomasi.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

When he stops with all the fillers an decompression, getting his run finished by then might be possible.

I mean sofar it sounded anyway like we would get a lot of filler after filler between city of Bane and the end of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Correct...Grant was more involved in how that all played out but could be the same deal here that part of the story is King leaves after issue 85 but he does his final 20 issues on his own new Bat title.

Incredible Member

I'm not arguing that there isn't filler in this run and that he didn't need 100 issues to tell this story necessarily, but after all this?? His argument is that it's one complete story arc, so what was the point of it if he doesn't get to finish it?