Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I'm not arguing that there isn't filler in this run and that he didn't need 100 issues to tell this story necessarily, but after all this?? His argument is that it's one complete story arc, so what was the point of it if he doesn't get to finish it?
    Its all about the money. He's wasted time, pissed off fans and now the Hulk is outselling Batman (which isnt to **** on the Hulk which is amazing atm, but that hasnt happened since the 90s iirc) and that looks bad. If he'd told the story in half the time it probably would have been much better received.

Well, he said he wanted to do something never seen with Batman in the last 15 issues, and probably DC stated they don't want to. Grayson was cutted too, and it was much more better than this nosense Batman run. I hope this rumor is true, I'm missing Batman in my pull list.
    Just keep him as far as possibile from Wally West and others characters I love.

Incredible Member

But why did he just say he had gotten permission to do it if he hadn't? I'm not understanding this.

Made my day

Incredible Member

The really shitty thing here is that the Bane stuff will get finished now, but the Catwoman/Selina stuff won't. Guessing based on his outline that the last 15 issues were going to have to do with that, so we never get any resolution to this whole relationship they left hanging in the air after the wedding fiasco?

That SUCKS. There's now way he'll be able to wrap that up in a satisfying way now.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Let’s give the hulk thing some proper context here: Hulk’s sales shot up 40K from March to April (practically doubling its previous total). And it’s happened once so far. It’s not like King’s Batman dropped down below Hulk and a bunch of other titles. It’s still DC’s best selling ongoing and has been for some time now.

BANNED

The really shitty thing here is that the Bane stuff will get finished now, but the Catwoman/Selina stuff won't. Guessing based on his outline that the last 15 issues were going to have to do with that, so we never get any resolution to this whole relationship they left hanging in the air after the wedding fiasco?
    Or it gets it's own 15-issue maxi-series

But why did he just say he had gotten permission to do it if he hadn't? I'm not understanding this.
    Well, second toughts can happen, expecially if King is not giving them the numbers they want. I agree with you, this run is wasting so much time.
    Let his big change be an Elseword , maybe togheter with Heroes in Crisis.

I'm torn on this if it's true. On one end, I haven't enjoyed King's run in almost a year now. A lot of his story feels like useless padding. Like he's so dead set on reaching that 100 point that he's willing to drag his story down so that it doesn't end any sooner (when it reeeeally should).

But on the other end...I still kinda wanted to see it completed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm torn on this if it's true. On one end, I haven't enjoyed King's run in almost a year now. A lot of his story feels like useless padding. Like he's so dead set on reaching that 100 point that he's willing to drag his story down so that it doesn't end any sooner (when it reeeeally should).

But on the other end...I still kinda wanted to see it completed.
    And kicking him off at 85 allows him NO time to finish it up in a more condensed version. They've released the solicits for 76 and 77, so I'm guessing (tell me if I'm wrong) he's probably writing the next issues like, right now? So that would all of a sudden give him just give 7 issues to finish the whole thing. There's no way.

What if their just telling him to cut the filler ?

And kicking him off at 85 allows him NO time to finish it up in a more condensed version. They've released the solicits for 76 and 77, so I'm guessing (tell me if I'm wrong) he's probably writing the next issues like, right now? So that would all of a sudden give him just give 7 issues to finish the whole thing. There's no way.
    Even with the solicits already out King can refocus his story. He doesn't need to stick to those solicits unless they are vital to his run.

City of Bane/YOV puts a spanner in the works. He doesn't need to leave his mark. I have a feeling that whatever he got permission for isn't to do with the conclusion of the story he was already telling because it's a bit to late into the run to only now be asking if you would be allowed to write the ending you planned. we are 70+ issues in.

Whatever he had to go get permission for was a new development because King already knew how his story was going to by the time he got to the 50's.

Course correction is one thing (and something that should be done earlier), but committing to long-term plans only to break one of your hottest talents' ankles right before the finish line when they're still making you more bank than most others is wack, gross, and unethical. Bad for creators and bad for fans. Both for fans of the run and fans who don't like it when the precedent is set for plans for stuff they like to suddenly be aborted because of some manageable sales dip. Wack, wack, wackity wack.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Oh my god, this interview was published today, but he probably gave it last week: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/22/...-city-of-bane/

He only had 10 issues left to write?????

So we're being denied stuff that's already been written, even? This is terrible!

Oh my god, this interview was published today, but he probably gave it last week: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/22/...-city-of-bane/

He only had 10 issues left to write?????

So we're being denied stuff that's already been written, even? This is terrible!
    If they are not going to publish what he's already written then that means that they did not like the direction he took it which changes the scenario.

Batman is their cash cow I can understand if they feel that they don't like what he's written.