Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Humans vs. Ants

BANNED

they will probably be squirting formic acid additionally.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    That's about ten thousand trillion kilograms of ant. Edit: MY BRAIN DID A STUPID HERE SORRY. It's still ten thousand trillion kilograms of ant though.
    Looked it up. There are 1.6 million ants in the world for every one human being. We are hosed beyond comprehension.
    Power with Girl is better.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Explaining my math stupid because of how embarrassed I am about that: I was tired and my brain went "oh sixteen digits is like around two thirds of 22 hur hur hur" and it took me like an entire day to realise what I'd done and like I'm just gonna set myself on fire now to burn away my shame.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You guys are overthinking this: clearly the ants' legs are made of AdmANTium and won't have any problem at all supporting their weight.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...If they're that sized, then we're really doomed.

Welp only one thing left to do bow down to our new Ant overlords.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Explaining my math stupid because of how embarrassed I am about that: I was tired and my brain went "oh sixteen digits is like around two thirds of 22 hur hur hur" and it took me like an entire day to realise what I'd done and like I'm just gonna set myself on fire now to burn away my shame.
    It goes that way when we shortcut sometimes, dude. ^_^ Understandable.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Given how many ants are in the world we'd have to worry less about fighting them and more about the planet collapsing into a singularly from the sudden ant-mass.

Mighty Member

The thing is, the ants don't really need to grow in size to cause a major ruckus. The sheer number of ants in this world would be a major threat to humans if they decided that we were food and started actively hunting us instead of just defending their nests. We'd adapt, of course, but the first few weeks would see quite a number of humans attacked by ant swarms in their beds. Those little buggers seem capable of getting just about everywhere as they are right now and certain parts of the world would become no go zones for humans that we'd likely call ant lands because it would be at the very least extremely unpleasant to live there.

The same would happen if they become bigger, but the ants would control more of the world. There still would be areas humans could live in relative peace most of the year though. They would just have to be on high alert during the ant seasons. A significant focus would be on controlling the ant population to manageable levels in the areas where ant populations would be smaller.