Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humans vs. Ants

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    You make it to the next Munch-level, but everyone else is dead and eaten and the world is wrecked.

What now?
    Move on to the Next world and do it again? Hopefully BEFORE they wreck it this time.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Move on to the Next world and do it again? Hopefully BEFORE they wreck it this time.
    Well, you're one Munch-level up this this time, so hit die, to hit rolls, saves, and so forth may have gone up. You may even have a new special ability, if you get one at the very next Munch-level.

So your chances of saving the alternate quantum versions of us on that world is at least a few percent greater in some respects.

Can I be that guy who points out that scaled up ants would promptly collapse and suffocate under their own weight? Even if you did scale up their speed and strength accordingly? Also they'd explode from their own internal thermodynamics?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Can I be that guy who points out that scaled up ants would promptly collapse and suffocate under their own weight? Even if you did scale up their speed and strength accordingly? Also they'd explode from their own internal thermodynamics?
    You must be one of the few people here who hasn't yet gotten his Ph.D. in subatomic physics. Do your dissertation on Pym particles and everything will fall into place.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

I mean it's a draw either way because they're going to destroy life on Earth by sheer mass
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean it's a draw either way because they're going to destroy life on Earth by sheer mass
    Eh, there'd be a sudden and rather loud mass-explosion of organic material, but that'd be about it.

Might be a lot of structural damage/death though.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

*cough*sorry, I was being dumb with numbers when I said it was two thirds the mass of the moon earlier. It's nowhere NEAR that, but it's still an enormous amount of mass that is gonna drown out cities or like... are anthills getting expanded to accomodate this? 'Cause it'd be hilarious if the ground just started puking tons upon tons of ant viscera one day
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    *cough*sorry, I was being dumb with numbers when I said it was two thirds the mass of the moon earlier. It's nowhere NEAR that, but it's still an enormous amount of mass that is gonna drown out cities or like... are anthills getting expanded to accomodate this? 'Cause it'd be hilarious if the ground just started puking tons upon tons of ant viscera one day
    I'm imagining that physics would kick in and there would just be tons and tons of Ant-viscera Volcanoes exploding out of the ground.

Though this is what I want to happen, so take it with a grain of madness.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

There are about 10 quadrillion ants on the planet compare to 7.7 billion humans on the planet. Ants out number us by like such a ridiculous amount it isn't funny.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

BANNED

sure it's funny if you have a dark sense of humor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ahem, regarding that battle between humans and ants....

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I mean, sure we’d drown under the sheer volume, but they’d all be lying there dying as their spindly legs fail to support the mass of their bodies.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

You guys are overthinking this: clearly the ants' legs are made of AdmANTium and won't have any problem at all supporting their weight.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You guys are overthinking this: clearly the ants' legs are made of AdmANTium and won't have any problem at all supporting their weight.
    We'd better hope they haven't been picking up MMA broadcasts with their antennas. They'll be kung-fu kicking down bank vault doors. Absolutely nowhere to hide....