Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Mangog should be in the MCU (hopefully not nerfed)

Can you imagine what awesome DBZ-esque battles and destruction we would get with Mangog on the big screen if done right? He was Doomsday before Doomsday was cool.

Well the problem with this is that we don’t really have a definitive Mangog. So what do you mean by ‘not nerfed’? By his second appearance he was already a contradiction, and almost every appearance since has added to that contradiction to the point we don’t actually have a logical or cohesive origin story.

Also, since his Thunderbolts appearance he has been more powerful not less, and his Aaron depiction makes him perhaps the most powerful he has ever been. Odd definition of ‘nerfed’.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well the problem with this is that we don’t really have a definitive Mangog. So what do you mean by ‘not nerfed’? By his second appearance he was already a contradiction, and almost every appearance since has added to that contradiction to the point we don’t actually have a logical or cohesive origin story.

Also, since his Thunderbolts appearance he has been more powerful not less, and his Aaron depiction makes him perhaps the most powerful he has ever been. Odd definition of ‘nerfed’.
    Most characters in the MCU are weaker than their comic counterpart. Just ask any Hulk or Ultron fan or Drax/Gamora fan.

Mangog's appearance in Jason Aaron's run was pretty headscratching, Thor and Odin together can't defeat him but Jane Foster alone can?

I don't remember Mangog appearing in Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 07-01-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Most characters in the MCU are weaker than their comic counterpart. Just ask any Hulk or Ultron fan or Drax/Gamora fan.

Mangog's appearance in Jason Aaron's run was pretty headscratching, Thor and Odin together can't defeat him but Jane Foster alone can?

Yeah, I think the MCU tends to power up the lower end metas (like Cap and Bucky) while powering down the higher end ones (like Thor or Ultron). Which honestly I think makes things a bit easier. A higher floor and lower ceiling makes it more believable that anyone can fight anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post

Sorry, my slip. Thunderstrike. Where it was first posited that he was somehow being powered by an idea of hatred for gods. Aaron turned that into the untapped power of unheard prayer.

Who exactly defeats a character is quite important. In this case he was the Achilles heel of the gods. He was being powered by their inaction. It stands to reason that no pure god would be able to defeat him.

Most characters in the movies are weaker so it stands to reason Mangog would likely be as well.