Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain Marvel 2

Any thoughts on what could happen with the sequel?

-Captain Marvel II/Spectrum/Photon/Pulsar etc. is the most obvious, especially since the character's probably in her 30s now.

-As for the villain, of course Yon Rogg or the Supeme Intelligence could return (and it'd be cool to see him/her/it in his comic look), but a new villain could also be unveiled. I've speculated Moonstone might be a possibility, or even Rogue, although the first film already did the dissassociative memory/amnesia thing that was a side effect of Rogue's drain in the comics.

-Perhaps bring in more of Marvel's cosmic stuff, although they might leave that for Guardians of the Galaxy or even SHIELD. Could be a good opportunity to bring in the Shiar, the Starjammers and the Brood though, although they're often associated with the X-men (Then again, so was Carol during her Binary days).

-Or maybe some more cosmic heroes? Quasar's an obvious fit, given his powers and look are somewhat similar. Would be kind of cool to have that scene from Operation Galactic Storm where Carol and Quasar save the sun in some cinematic form. And Feige said there's a strong possibility of Kamala showing up, although he wasn't clear if this would be in a CM sequel.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was thinking the Shi'ar might play a part. It would be a good way to introduce them into the MCU and play into Carol's comic history with Deathbird.

I think the odds of Monica (as an adult) getting powers is pretty likely. The MCU loves to add in PoC partners in sequels. That probably sounds kinda douche-y but Falcon, War Machine, Valkyrie.....hell we'll probably get Goliath in the next Ant-Man. There's a trend there. And if the MCU continues that trend and gives us a powered-up Monica I'm all for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kamala shows up......but I'm not sure if that'll happen in a CM sequel or its own Disney+ show or a solo film or what. I mean, we all know she's coming; she's too big a deal for the MCU to not use, so it's really just a question of "how" and "where" rather than "if."

I figure the Kree's narrative isn't finished by any means so we'll get more of them. But perhaps not as the main antagonists this time (to avoid redundancy). For the main villain......I dunno, Carol doesn't have a deep or well developed rogues gallery so its not like there's only a handful of villains who just scream "put me in a movie!" There's lots of possibilities, the Shi'ar/Deathbird, the Brood (personally I'd love a horror-esque Aliens style movie with them), Celestials......there's a ton of options, none more far-fetched than the others.

Personally I hope that the sequel deals with the Skrulls and Kree again, but flips their roles. It was great to see that not all Skrulls are evil monsters hell-bent on conquering the universe in their jihad, but they're such great villains it'd be a shame not to lean into that. So Im hoping the CM sequel explores Skrull culture and shows us that the nice ones we met in Carol's first film do not reflect the race as a whole, just as the evil Kree don't reflect their entire race (it cant just be Mar-Vell who wasn't a scumbag right?). Really dig into the ambiguity of trying to define an entire people as being all "good" or "evil"....and maybe get us into some Secret Invasion stuff while they're at it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I was thinking the Shi'ar might play a part. It would be a good way to introduce them into the MCU and play into Carol's comic history with Deathbird.
    I'd love to see the Starjammers and the Imperial Guard introduced here. Imagine how cool it would be to see Carol and the Starjammers working together against Shiar soldiers and various Imperial Guard to complete a task, but then Gladiator shows up and starts pummeling the hell out of Carol, where she and the Starjammers barely escape with their lives.

And then they get word that the Shiar are heading to Earth.

This brings Carol and Corsair back to their homeworld to defend it and gives a chance to introduce Photon. Photon, the Starjammers, various guest star Avengers, and Carol must then work together to stop Gladiator and the Imperial Guard from destroying Earth.

It provides an actual challenge for Carol, as Gladiator is someone she cannot defeat on her own. She's going to need someone like Photon on her side to defeat him.

Star Jammers would be cool af. Gladiator is also a character that can give Carol a fight. Realistically any character can if the writer decide so Carol herself is living proof of that.

Do we think this is for sure gonna be set back in the 90s showing what carol was up to or might we jump to modern time?

I'm not sure I want a CM2 I'd rather her show up in another movie asgardians of the galaxy or a Star froce movie maybe kinda cool.
    Last edited by choptop; 05-22-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Star Jammers would be cool af. Gladiator is also a character that can give Carol a fight. Realistically any character can if the writer decide so Carol herself is living proof of that.

Do we think this is for sure gonna be set back in the 90s showing what carol was up to or might we jump to modern time?
    If they want to set up Kamala, they’re gonna have to start telling CM stories set in their modern time otherwise they are making that set up needlessly difficult.

BANNED

I'm betting it takes place before Iron Man 1. It'll be one of her adventures there that leads, somehow, to the next big arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If they want to set up Kamala, they’re gonna have to start telling CM stories set in their modern time otherwise they are making that set up needlessly difficult.
    If they set it in the present do you think they have the actress who played the mom Maria, play adult Monica? I assume they wanna set up photon too

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Captain Marvel 2 should have villain or Team that defeats Carol brutally like Mandarin defeated Ironman, Thor by Hela or Bane beating Batman

They need to do show her being space Avenger for 1000s of planets and how the universe view her.

More strength and speed feats.

More reference in other MCU movies, maybe Cameo in other cosmic movies like Guardians

With her new haircut she'll be asking to speak to managers across the universe.

Seriously, I know its an attempt to be comics accurate but Brie Larson does not look good with short hair. She looked great before but now not so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

Seriously, I know its an attempt to be comics accurate but Brie Larson does not look good with short hair. She looked great before but now not so much.
    Based on Ragnarok, bad hair would be a good thing.

But seriously, this is so not a bad haircut.

I really hate it when guys complain about short hair on girls there was nothing wrong with the way she looked.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I really hate it when guys complain about short hair on girls there was nothing wrong with the way she looked.
    Some girls look good with a short haircut, many do not. Its all about the shape of the face. Katy Perry for instance still looks gorgeous with her short haircut though she does look better with long hair.

BTW, did you just presume my gender?

Some girls look good with a short haircut, many do not. Its all about the shape of the face. Katy Perry for instance still looks gorgeous with her short haircut though she does look better with long hair.

BTW, did you just presume my gender?
    Probably 80% of us on cbr are guys. but ya I never mentioned anything about your gender I was just saying in general I hate complaining about short hair on woman I guess I should just say people next time....