Astonishing Member

Default MCU's Future - New Teams?

I have been thinking about what can happen in the future of MCU. I know they can take new franchises, but nature hates void, and even if the the original Avengers' time has ended, there should be something that will take their places. These are my ideas:

1º) Masters of Evil: Considering how powerful the original Avengers were as a team, it's only fitting than the bad guys who face them will unite in the same way to they evil purposes. They would be a perfect challenge for those who appear to take the original Avengers' places. They are several candidates for this group:
    - Red Skull: Probably the leader, and enemy of Captain America. Russos' brothers confirmed Red Skull was freed from the curse after the Soul Stone was taken, and now he can chase his own plans for the Infinity Gems. Sounds fitting.
    - Ultron: I know he was destroyed, but since he's an A.I., he can always make a back-up copy of himself and hiding somewhere. He's like the evil Iron Man.
    - Loki: Since it seems Loki could now be alive because of the whole time travel's stuff, he seems like the perfect candidate for Thor's role.
    - Abomination/Leader: The film "The Incredible Hulk" left a cliffhanger about Samuel Sterns (The Leader's transformation), so this could solve it. However, Abomination could match the Hulk when we talk about the Strength's factor.
    - Yellowjacket: There's no official counterpart for Hawkeye or Black Widow, so the evil "Ant-Man" sounds fitting. I know he saw him disappear into the quantum realm, but as they say, there's always more than what meets the eye.
    - Erik Killmonger: We saw this guy dying too, but it looks like a perfect candidate to be an evil counterpart of Black Panther.

2º) Young Avengers/Champions: With the eldest heroes retired, it sounds fitting than a new Generation will take the torch. The characters from both teams could actually being "combined" as a whole new team. Let's see:
    - Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan): There's already plans for Kamala to be introduced in the MCU, so she could be the Leader.
    - Patriot*: There are two different Patriots in both team, but they all share the fact of being afroamerican teens based on Captain America. They could be combined or have any of them in this team, probably inspired by Sam Wilson as the new Captain America.
    - Hulk/Brawn (Amadeus Cho) or Hulkling: The team's own "Hulk".
    - Viv Vision/Vision (Jonas): Both versions are teen versions of the android Avenger.
    - Wasp II (Nadia)/Stinger* (Cassie Lang): I think Cassie as both Stature and Stinger sounds like the perfect fitting for this team.
    - Ironheart (Riri Williams)/Iron Lad (Harley Keener): I believe Harley taking the role as the new Iron Man sounds like the more fitting candidate to be this team's Iron Man.
    - Hawkeye II (Kate Bishop): Clearly, she's the one who inherints the role of Hawkeye, but also some traces from Natasha as the Black Widow.
    - Falcon II (Joaquin Torres): Since the name is free with Sam Wilson as the new Captain America, I believe it could actually have the inheritor of this name.

3º) Mighty Avengers/Ultimates: Considering how Thanos' maquinations hurt the whole universe, it's quite obvious the most powerful heroes of the new arrivals in the MCU will want to make sure there will be NEVER be another Thanos. It could actually be based on 616's team named as the Ultimates, but with some modifications.
    + Captain Marvel: Possibly the most powerful heroine in the Marvel Universe, the only one to match Thanos' power until now. It has a role as embassador of Earth and a role as protector in the universe. Sounds like the perfect candidate to lead the team.
    + Black Panther: King and protector of Wakanda, one of the most powerful nations of the world. Not to mention that, in the comics, it was recently revealed they also had a great technology for space travel. That would be really fitting.
    + Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme is really a great candidate to join this team. His ability to create portals could match America Chavez's from the comics.
    + Valkyrie: As the new ruler of New Asgard and their survivor, it sounds fitting for this girl to have a role in this group.
    + Rescue (Pepper Potts): Pepper surely inherited Stark International after Tony's death, making her the owner of one of the greatest companies in the world, with the most advanced technology. Sounds fitting for her to have a role in this group.
    *This team should have at least one more member, but I have no ideas for more candidates.

4º) Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts: The Goverment always have to meddling and make things worse, so it's clear they would like to have their own version of the Avengers; completely under their control. Of course, considering how groups like Hydra or AIM infiltrated Goverment's places, it would be inevitable for the Thunderbolts to end up having their own independence after this. About who could be the members, I have some ideas:
    + Red Hulk (General Ross): With a now "civilized" Hulk in the world, Ross will surely want to get his hands on this version of Hulk's blood to create his own "gamma soldiers" or something like that. This could surely lead to his transformation into the Red Hulk, and surely the leader of the team. I mean, he even names the team as his nickname, "Thunderbolt".
    + Bucky/Winter Soldier: The Thunderbolts use to be composed of reformed villains, and considering Bucky's past, sounds fitting for him to have a role here. Even more if we consider he was the leader of the Thunderbolts on recent issues. Leaving the role of "Winter Soldier", maybe he could become something more like "U.S. Agent".
    + Ant-Man (Scott Lang): Since Scott was a thief, but not a real criminal, sounds fitting for him to join the team. Both versions (Ant-Man and Giant-Man) would be useful for a team like this.
    + Scarlet Witch: Wanda could also be a member fo this group, considering she started as a villain allied to Ultron in the past. Also to compensate her past mistakes that caused the whole incident of Sokovia's accords.
    + War Machine (James Rhodes): With Red Hulk and Bucky, sounds fitting for this group to have the "more weaponized" version of Iron Man in the team.
    *There should be another member on this team, but I have no more candidates.

5º) New Avengers: The ones who should really take the roles of the original Avengers, having the blessing from the original ones. We can find the candidates on the comics:
    + Captain America (Sam Wilson): Sounds fitting as the new Leader.
    + Spider-Man (Peter Parker): With his Iron Spider's suit, it sounds fitting for him to be part of this team. Even more considering he's taking Iron Man's role as MCU's center now.
    + Thor (Jane Foster): One scene from Endgame proved the whole potential of Marvel's Females to have en important role. So it sounds fitting for the Jane Foster's version of Thor to finally debut. Even if Mjolnir was officially destroyed, something else could happen because of the time travel's stuff.
    + Vision: I know he was destroyed, but since he's an android, he can always be reconstructed. After all, he has been reconstructed several times in the comics.
    + Wasp (Hope Pym): In the comics, it was Nadia Van Pym who became the Wasp in this group; but it's obvious that Hope can perfectly fit here.
    + She-Hulk: Thanks to Professor Hulk, I believe the chances for the debut of She-Hulk in the MCU are very high.

Well, what do you think of this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have been thinking about what can happen in the future of MCU. I know they can take new franchises, but nature hates void, and even if the the original Avengers' time has ended, there should be something that will take their places. These are my ideas:

1º) Masters of Evil: They are several candidates for this group:
    - Red Skull: Probably the leader, and enemy of Captain America. Russos' brothers confirmed Red Skull was freed from the curse after the Soul Stone was taken,
    - Erik Killmonger: We saw this guy dying too, but it looks like a perfect candidate to be an evil counterpart of Black Panther.
    The Russo brothers had a sort-of famous quote when asked what the post credits scenes of Thanos meant in...I forget which movie it was, but it wasn't a Russo movie. Thanos was putting on the gauntlet and saying "Fine, I'll do it myself" which seemed to be at odds with how things played in the next Russo movie. Their response? "Not our movie." So they really aren't in a position to confirm what future movies will have to say about the fate of the Red Skull if they didn't explicitly lay it out in their own movie. Bringing Killmonger back seems like a terrible idea. The movies are not comics with never-ending villains. Bringing Killmonger back minimizes his own story and T'Challa's in Black Panther.

2º) Young Avengers/Champions: With the eldest heroes retired, it sounds fitting than a new Generation will take the torch.
    I kind of suspect that studio heads would look at something that worked really well and come to the conclusion "Let's do more of that! Let's create more teams!" But it hardly ever works out well in the movies.

3º) Mighty Avengers/Ultimates: Considering how Thanos' maquinations hurt the whole universe, it's quite obvious the most powerful heroes of the new arrivals in the MCU will want to make sure there will be NEVER be another Thanos.
    + Rescue (Pepper Potts):
    I don't believe Paltrow has any intention to return to the character. While I believe that studios should be more ready to recast leads than they are (even Downey Jr) I don't see it happening in this case.

34º) Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts: The Goverment always have to meddling and make things worse, so it's clear they would like to have their own version of the Avengers; completely under their control.
    I could see the studio doing this, but I personally would have no interest in it. I prefer my heroes to be heroes.

5º) New Avengers: The ones who should really take the roles of the original Avengers, having the blessing from the original ones. We can find the candidates on the comics:
    + Spider-Man (Peter Parker): With his Iron Spider's suit, it sounds fitting for him to be part of this team. Even more considering he's taking Iron Man's role as MCU's center now.
    + Thor (Jane Foster): One scene from Endgame proved the whole potential of Marvel's Females to have en important role. So it sounds fitting for the Jane Foster's version of Thor to finally debut. Even if Mjolnir was officially destroyed, something else could happen because of the time travel's stuff.
    + Vision: I know he was destroyed, but since he's an android, he can always be reconstructed. After all, he has been reconstructed several times in the comics.
    + Wasp (Hope Pym): In the comics, it was Nadia Van Pym who became the Wasp in this group; but it's obvious that Hope can perfectly fit here.
    + She-Hulk: Thanks to Professor Hulk, I believe the chances for the debut of She-Hulk in the MCU are very high.

Well, what do you think of this?[/QUOTE]

Spider-man in this particular role seems to be off the table. Tony Stark was an Uncle Ben replacement, and now that Tony is gone, it will be a more interesting story to break completely with Iron Man's past.

[spoiler]Plus, all indications are that Peter intentionally destroys the Iron Spider suit in Far From Home...and good riddance. Hopefully we will see Spider-man have the powers and intellect he was always meant to.[/spoiler]

The rest of the team seems plausible.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 05-16-2019 at 04:30 PM.

My picks The Protectors guardians of asgard or guardians of infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The Russo brothers had a sort-of famous quote when asked what the post credits scenes of Thanos meant in...I forget which movie it was, but it wasn't a Russo movie. Thanos was putting on the gauntlet and saying "Fine, I'll do it myself" which seemed to be at odds with how things played in the next Russo movie. Their response? "Not our movie." So they really aren't in a position to confirm what future movies will have to say about the fate of the Red Skull if they didn't explicitly lay it out in their own movie. Bringing Killmonger back seems like a terrible idea. The movies are not comics with never-ending villains. Bringing Killmonger back minimizes his own story and T'Challa's in Black Panther.

I kind of suspect that studio heads would look at something that worked really well and come to the conclusion "Let's do more of that! Let's create more teams!" But it hardly ever works out well in the movies.

I don't believe Paltrow has any intention to return to the character. While I believe that studios should be more ready to recast leads than they are (even Downey Jr) I don't see it happening in this case.

I could see the studio doing this, but I personally would have no interest in it. I prefer my heroes to be heroes.

Well, what do you think of this?
    To be fair we never saw Killmonger die, Tchalla coulda easily slipped one of those beads into his wound against Killmonger wishes. And its been a rumor for quite some time that Michale B Jordan was signed on for mutiple films and would return In some capacity. Though could be flashbacks or visions or just pure B.S.

Astonishing Member

I just thought about something from my theory about "New Avengers". If they take the torch from the originals ones, then we should think about who could be a new Iron Man. I mean, the easiest choice could be James Rhodes, as he was Iron Man in the comics, but I'm not sure if his contract would last much. Pepper Potts as Rescue was another choice, but she could be trapped in the shadow of his own husband. (Not to mention her daughter is all that remains). Then I realized, if the movie is really 5 years ahead (2023), then there's one more candidate: Arno Stark, the Iron Man from 2020. Maybe not very interesting, but I believe he could be a good candidate.