Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Bruce will probably be going back to his loner roots after alienating all his allies in kings run. I won't be surprised if king would have had him punching Catwoman before he was done to show how "broken" he had become.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman's punched Catwoman before. Especially since they used to fight. Like the Robins, it's nothing special. Go for Alfred.

BANNED

I was being sarcastic and poking fun at the trope of him punching everybody he meets not that he hasn't punched her yet. that would be kind of stupid if he hasn't punched her even once during their long history. every long time reader would know that.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 05-23-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    His wrong was to long if it was two seperate stories he should of concentrated on that instead of padding that is the reason why he is off and his mischaracterization of batmans character in my opinion as well. You could tell a bat/cat story without destroying bruces pysche though I never did like it because it was not built up in the first place made no sense at all those are the main reasons I opposed it besides not being a fan of the pairing either
    Not a big fan of the couple, but if the story is good I'm in. The one Kin gis telling isn't a good story
    I think it was very unhealthy romance and Batman was jobbed a lot while Selina knocked off 3 speedsters and Bane

BANNED

By Batman standards, his relationship with Selina is the only one worth his pace.

BANNED

well perhaps it's as well to keep the readers on tenterhooks and keep them anticipating it. the diehards will never give up, the ones who aren't fans of the relationship are satisfied that it's a temporary hook up and the indifferent aren't going to be affected anyway.

I really do miss the pre-CoIE Earth-2, with the JSA and all the other Golden Age heroes.

On that Earth, we had a world where Bruce and Selina were able to get married, and the main (Earth-1) universe Batman could still be single. Sort of the best of both worlds!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I really do miss the pre-CoIE Earth-2, with the JSA and all the other Golden Age heroes.

On that Earth, we had a world where Bruce and Selina were able to get married, and the main (Earth-1) universe Batman could still be single. Sort of the best of both worlds!
    Selina's fate on the classic Earth 2 is pretty tragic though, which is always what soured me on it.

Incredible Member

The new BC article does say that he'll be able to finish his story in either a Catwoman book or a spinoff title, which btw, confirms that the ending WAS Batman/Catwoman related, like I figured.

I really hope he'll do it in a spinoff, and that his ego doesn't prevent him from not wanting to finish it outside the Batman book. After all this, we really should be able to see the end. And also, does that mean that the "big change" really was them marrying for real? I mean, if that's part of it, if he does it in a spinoff is it an elseworlds thing or is it canon?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    The new BC article does say that he'll be able to finish his story in either a Catwoman book or a spinoff title, which btw, confirms that the ending WAS Batman/Catwoman related, like I figured.

I really hope he'll do it in a spinoff, and that his ego doesn't prevent him from not wanting to finish it outside the Batman book. After all this, we really should be able to see the end. And also, does that mean that the "big change" really was them marrying for real? I mean, if that's part of it, if he does it in a spinoff is it an elseworlds thing or is it canon?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...m-king-batman/

Link to the Article However:
    Would they let a writer of a Spinoff/Satellite Book change Batman for Generations, I doubt it, They’re not gonna let him the same way they wouldnt let a Nightwing Writer Change Batman for Generations
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

If the wedding is the change [I doubt it is] then unlikely that they'll let him write it no matter what title he's on.

I don't see why King can't write a resolution to the Batcat relationship. It's just that resolution might not be one those naive fans who have continued to shell out money only because they wanted a marriage want.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-23-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    If the wedding is the change [I doubt it is] then unlikely that they'll let him write it no matter what title he's on.

I don't see why King can't write a resolution to the Batcat relationship. It's just that resolution might not be one those naive fans who have continued to shell out money only because they wanted a marriage want.
    You're probably right. They won't let them get married now.

Any other resolution to their relationship is just going back to the status quo, so it isn't one, really. I mean, what other resolution could it be? Nothing that changes anything from what it was before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    You're probably right. They won't let them get married now.

Any other resolution to their relationship is just going back to the status quo, so it isn't one, really. I mean, what other resolution could it be? Nothing that changes anything from what it was before.
    Yeah, the resolution is either marriage or "let's be friends" and a big hug...and DC are adamant Batman is not about that. Bruce and Selina will have their moments together again, but it'll probably be will they/won't they

I'm not fussed. I'll always have Batman annual#2. That's how King envisioned their future together.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, the resolution is either marriage or "let's be friends" and a big hug...and DC are adamant Batman is not about that. Bruce and Selina will have their moments together again, but it'll probably be will they/won't they

I'm not fussed. I'll always have Batman annual#2. That's how King envisioned their future together.
    LOL. Is there some sort of other option? Like, we're a steady couple now? Or let's just live together and not get married! Would that be too status quo-changing for them as well?

BANNED

well cats do have a wander lust so Bruce would never be sure when she will dissapear on him if they are living together and likewise he wouldn't want her on patrols with him as he would always be distracted by her safety first.