Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default So now we get NO resolution to Batman/Catwoman?

With Tom King gone all of a sudden (and it sounds like the Bane stuff all written), we really end up with no ending to the Bruce/Selina stuff. After all this. All those promises that the wedding was only the halfway point, that it was all part of a complete story.

What on earth? What a terrible thing to do to the readers. Horrible.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-22-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Dick Grayson and Wally West fans say hello, King derailed Nightwing shooting Dick and because of that Percy left and we get no closure with his run, and King succeeded in making Wally a Sociopath
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I think DC should put the damn mess behind them. The BatCat Marriage, for as much as I and some others, wanted to see it (at least short term), was divisive among fans best for the next writer to start fresh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    With Tom King gone all of a sudden (and it sounds like the Bane stuff all written), we really end up with no ending to the Bruce/Selina stuff. After all this. All those promises that the wedding was only the halfway point, that it was all part of a complete story.

What on earth? What a terrible thing to do to the readers. Horrible.
    Well, we don't DON'T know for sure about any of that YET.

King may be done writing the Batman title after issue #85, but last I heard that was not yet confirmed by DC and/or King (though it may have changed since I last was on). If so, we don't know if King could be telling the rest of his story elsewhere, or if King will go back and rework his last issues of Batman to resolve things he started, or if somebody else could come on board and write a resolution instead of King.

Anything's possible, especially over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

King may be done writing the Batman title after issue #85, but last I heard that was not yet confirmed by DC and/or King (though it may have changed since I last was on). If so, we don't know if King could be telling the rest of his story elsewhere, or if King will go back and rework his last issues of Batman to resolve things he started, or if somebody else could come on board and write a resolution instead of King.

Its been confirmed by multiple sites
    CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-leaving-batman/
    Den of Geek
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...m-king-leaving
    Comicbook.com
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/22/...itle-after-85/
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    That's not really "Confirmed" though.

It's not someone from DC, by name, on the record about that it is going to happen.

"Likely Possibility"? Sure.

Still, that's a long ways from "Confirmed".

Well, that still doesn't change most of what I said:
    . . . we don't know if King could be telling the rest of his story elsewhere, or if King will go back and rework his last issues of Batman to resolve things he started, or if somebody else could come on board and write a resolution instead of King.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's not really "Confirmed" though.

It's not someone from DC, by name, on the record about that it is going to happen.

"Likely Possibility"? Sure.

Still, that's a long ways from "Confirmed".
    Everyone on Twitter is Retweeting His “Thank You” and Praising him, He’s all but confirmed it himself
    Pull List:

Everyone on Twitter is Retweeting His “Thank You” and Praising him, He’s all but confirmed it himself
    Don't completely disagree.

That said, there is a very real difference between "All But Confirmed..." and "Confirmed". Right now, this is not "Confirmed".

Spectacular Member

Agreed. Its easy to assume the worst. Nothing official has been announced or confirmed, yet nothing has been denied. As always with the comic world, things change. I don't want to speculate until what is acutally going on comes to light. Reguardless of what becomes of Batman in 2020, I appreciate that King's run got me back into Batman (and DC) after New 52 turned me off of DC in general.

Extraordinary Member

what a waste

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

We should remember what we don't know:

a) if King's run is shortened, that it had anything to do with his big teased change

b) that the teased change was about Batman/Selina (marriage)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    We should remember what we don't know:

a) if King's run is shortened, that it had anything to do with his big teased change

b) that the teased change was about Batman/Selina (marriage)
    True, but I would say that the reason I think the change (or the last 15 issues of the run) did involve Selina, is because of King's own outline. He said City of Bane goes from 75-82. Then he said there was a three issue (or so) aftermath. Then the epilogue/15 issue coda to his arc/run.

That, plus his insistence (stated over and over) that his run was about two things- Bane and Batman's love for Catwoman. Obviously the Bane stuff will be all wrapped up after the City of Bane arc (King said so himself). Thereby, I can only assume that the last part of the run would have been about him and Catwoman.

And because of that, that's why I concluded that what we're getting screwed out of is the resolution to the Bruce/Selina stuff. And whatever the "change" was was supposed to be going on in that coda, so I figured it was maybe marriage, maybe a baby or maybe his unmasking. Or maybe all of it. But it didn't have to do with Bane, therefore, I figured it probably involved Selina.

So now, we don't get that ending, meaning we don't GET an ending for him and Selina. Which sucks.

Fantastic Member

His wrong was to long if it was two seperate stories he should of concentrated on that instead of padding that is the reason why he is off and his mischaracterization of batmans character in my opinion as well. You could tell a bat/cat story without destroying bruces pysche though I never did like it because it was not built up in the first place made no sense at all those are the main reasons I opposed it besides not being a fan of the pairing either

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    So now, we don't get that ending, meaning we don't GET an ending for him and Selina. Which sucks.
    You did get an ending for him and Selina. It was Batman Annual#2. Up to you if you want to count it as canon or not, but it was an ending.