Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

True, but then... they could've came first and then the JSA characters could be mentioned as being in their past.
    Means Earth-2 would've been an Infinty, Inc book instead of a JSA book, but then... it's not like it was really a JSA book, anyway.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    It's a shame that great characters like Obsidian, Jade and Nuklon haven't even been on the "playing field" since Nu52 debuted (Convergence being the exception). A shame and a waste.
    During the New 52 era, I spent years hoping DC would bring use the Tangent versions of the Obsidian and Jade to get around the dependency on Alan Scott. They've pulled things further afield into the DCU, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yes I do.

Thing is, the moment has passed, and their foundation has been hacked away and withered. Unless someone returns a full-on Earth 2, or equivalent Elseworld, the logic that makes them viable isn't there. I love 'em, but they need the Pre-Crisis E2 (or something very similar) to properly work.
    Agreed. I loved them and I miss them in a nostalgic way but I can't really imagine Northwind or Fury or Silver Scarab or Nuklon making much sense in today's climate. They've been gone so long they've gone too far out of style.

A lot of great books, characters, and concepts came out of the post-CoIE reboot but what it did to Earth-Two was terrible and wholly unnecessary.

The characters I miss most that were lost in that shuffle, in the order of my missing them, are Helena Wayne, E-2 Richard Grayson, and Sylvester Pemberton.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Anyone remember when Obsidian and Nuklon were members of the Justice League??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Anyone remember when Obsidian and Nuklon were members of the Justice League??
    Yeap. And Blue Devil.
    Unfortunately, it was during the era of JLA that I keep blocked out of my memory.

Too bad they couldn't have joined before Giffen & DeMatteis left.

Astonishing Member

yes, they are missed.

Boisterously Confused

One of the benefits of Pre-Crisis IInc was they could take on the coming of age thing in a way that Teen Titans simply couldn't for commercial reasons. Of course, right as that was picking up steam, the key parents all got disappeared, and IInc became just "the other LA superhero team."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeap. And Blue Devil.
    Unfortunately, it was during the era of JLA that I keep blocked out of my memory.

Too bad they couldn't have joined before Giffen & DeMatteis left.
    It wasn't ALL bad.
    I didn't like the art, and the Ice Maiden - Fire thing was idiocy.
    But I liked having those three and Guy Gardner on the team with Diana and Wally as the older heads.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I miss the original Infinity Inc. There first appearance in the All-Star Squadron arc is still a fave of mine.

I though things could have worked out on Clutter-Earth for them. They could've just done a friendly East Coast/West Coast, JSA kids vs JLA sidekicks rivalry. Y'know...JSA jr vs JLA jr.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    . . . I though things could have worked out on Clutter-Earth for them. They could've just done a friendly East Coast/West Coast, JSA kids vs JLA sidekicks rivalry. Y'know...JSA jr vs JLA jr.
    But it always felt like Infinity Inc.'s members were slightly older than the New Teen Titans.
    (Especially when you threw in Sylvester, who was around in the 1940s.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But it always felt like Infinity Inc.'s members were slightly older than the New Teen Titans.
    (Especially when you threw in Sylvester, who was around in the 1940s.)
    Didn't he get time-displaced into the '70s just prior to All-Star Comics #58?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Didn't he get time-displaced into the '70s just prior to All-Star Comics #58?
    He didn't physically age, but he did some time back in the prehistoric time period, so he was mentally much older/mature than somebody his physical age would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He didn't physically age, but he did some time back in the prehistoric time period, so he was mentally much older/mature than somebody his physical age would be.
    With Sylvester we have a series of indeterminate timeframes. How old was he when he started his career? How many years passed between that and the SSV being time displaced? Add the unknown period he spent in prehistoric times. And then how much Earth Two time passed between JLA #102 and Infinity, Inc. #!? It's an undetailed mess.

I miss them and think we need an Earth 2 reinstated to do them any justice. Earth 1's Justice League had the Teen Titans and Earth 2's Justice Society had Infinity Inc as a counterpoint to that.

A variation on the sidekick theme that deserves more exploration - the intergenerational drama of hero-hood betwixt heroes actually related to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I miss them and think we need an Earth 2 reinstated to do them any justice. Earth 1's Justice League had the Teen Titans and Earth 2's Justice Society had Infinity Inc as a counterpoint to that.

A variation on the sidekick theme that deserves more exploration - the intergenerational drama of hero-hood betwixt heroes actually related to one another.
    Big difference, though: the members of Infinity Inc., unlike many of the original Teen Titans, were never "sidekicks".

They were mostly the sons and daughters of the older generation of heroes. They didn't spend their teenage years fighting beside members of the JSA.