Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    We already know there's a Manhunter connection - I don't think we've seen the full reveal in that preview. Bendis is just dragging it out more.
    Given that Leviathan is continuing from this, it's very possible.

I really dislike when a mini series doesn't complete a story. A mini should have a set beginning and ending. You can do offshoot series (especially with "event" comics) that explore the aftermath or certain events in it, but I bought this series under the impression it was supposed to be the conclusion of the Leviathan story started in Action Comics. Ending the series with "This will continue back in Action and in ANOTHER Leviathan event" just seems like it should have just been done in Action where it started.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

AAAAAAND the event was pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    AAAAAAND the event was pointless.
    I am beginning to feel this way. Is it me or could this really have been in an Annual? Especially if it's a precursor to another story! All those detectives and there was barely any detecting - just a bunch of idiots in a room throwing around theories and talking over each other. (make that two bunches of idiots - what was the point of the other detectives anyway really??) If Bendis had been told to keep the story tight and do it in a special issue, it could have been tense and interesting and made me want to see where it goes from here, but six issues?! Now I have no interest in following Leviathan in "Action." (sorry, I just finished the issue and I'm a little miffed that it was so ... not worth it, especially being excited to see The Question and Kate Spencer return to action, it was just, "meh.")

Makes me wonder what they'll do with Leviathan on "Supergirl." Can't be any more anti-climactic than this, can it?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-13-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Makes me wonder what they'll do with Leviathan on "Supergirl." Can't be any more anti-climactic than this, can it?
    It already seems 100% different from what Bendis is doing.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    spoilers:
    It's Mark Shaw
    end of spoilers

Or at least someone going by that name. As his personality is utterly unlike any previous depictions, it's not a great take.

The whole issue is a mess.
    Thanks. I don't know why I was expecting some big twist ending. LOL
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

At least it was not "Heroes in crisis" bad. It was just boring and disapointing.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    At least it was not "Heroes in crisis" bad. It was just boring and disapointing.
    True dat. While it was anti-climactic to bring someone out of limbo just for the reveal,(one that had zero drama because nobody hardly knew him. Superman even said, "I don't recognize you." (how is that a good climax to a mystery?)) he's an anti-hero at most. And it's not like anyone else was planning to do anything with him. (and I was probably one of the few that really wanted to see him again - not like this, but at least if he's around he might come back from the dark side)

spoilers:
    I'm so glad Leviathan didn't turn out to be future Damian like you wouldn't believe .
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    It was very Bendis.

Characters acting out of character. Characters speaking in the same voice. A somewhat interesting premise with mediocre conclusion.
    bendis has been writing the same "event" story since daredevil and i'm so sick of it and glad that finally some people are catching on

"brand new" villain comes along, offers to disrupt the status quo
    slightly tongue in cheek/meta commentary on the ridiculousness of cape fights
    takes out old guard, establishes new normal
    heroes: whoa how could be caught so off guard by this
    new villain's plans unravel slowly

the speech leviathan gave superman is just a copy+paste that his villains have always gave. it's just mad libs a this point. then the complete characters acting out of character/ignoring continuity, etc. glad his sales are down, maybe it'll be a wakeup call to editorial but i doubt it, since they seem to be doubling down on the 5G thing

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I really dislike when a mini series doesn't complete a story. A mini should have a set beginning and ending. You can do offshoot series (especially with "event" comics) that explore the aftermath or certain events in it, but I bought this series under the impression it was supposed to be the conclusion of the Leviathan story started in Action Comics. Ending the series with "This will continue back in Action and in ANOTHER Leviathan event" just seems like it should have just been done in Action where it started.
    Yup.
    I'm kicking myself that DC sucked me in again. I should know better by now that there's no such thing as a self contained mini series anymore. Especially at DC.
    It's why I stopped buying 'event' books years ago.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I am beginning to feel this way. Is it me or could this really have been in an Annual? Especially if it's a precursor to another story! All those detectives and there was barely any detecting - just a bunch of idiots in a room throwing around theories and talking over each other. (make that two bunches of idiots - what was the point of the other detectives anyway really??) If Bendis had been told to keep the story tight and do it in a special issue, it could have been tense and interesting and made me want to see where it goes from here, but six issues?! Now I have no interest in following Leviathan in "Action." (sorry, I just finished the issue and I'm a little miffed that it was so ... not worth it, especially being excited to see The Question and Kate Spencer return to action, it was just, "meh.")

Well, it looks like Eliza Danvers is still working for Leviathan, so that will probably carry on. But not for a while, since Kara will end up being one of the infected soon. And she still has to deal with Brainiac at the Fortress.

...well, I liked it

after reading some comments here I guess that a lot of other people had different expectations for this comic while I just didnt had any. I was just up for the ride. For example I didnt expected in the slightest that this was going to be resolved on this miniseries, this always appear like a prologue to me.
    as for "Leviathan doesnt sound like spoilers:
    Mark Shaw
    end of spoilers " well I have never read any comics with this character before, and the only thing Manhunter related that I have seen is Mark Anderyko's Manhunter which I think was serviced well by the Event itself.

I want to see where it goes.

I thought it was a good ending. Not a great one, nothing spectacular. I think if anybody else's name other than Bendis' was on the book, people wouldn't be as harsh on it as they are.

Incredible Member

One could always hope that it's Dumas in disguise as Shaw. I was always hoping the Shaw would return to the DCU. Hero turned villain turned back to hero but not like this.