Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Anyone else waiting for midnight to drop to read the digital issue? I know I am.

Minus Supergirl section, Leviathan Special is an all time favorite book of mine now.

Incredible Member

Just a Quick question, what issues other thab the main Leviathan series do I have to read beforehand, to get the full story?

Actually I think I've got it. Action Comics 1007-1011, Year if the villain 1 and Superman Special. Any thing else?
    Last edited by gohei_; 06-12-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Minor spoilers from today's first issue :

spoilers:
    Event Leviathan does happens after the Special and not during, but probably during Superman 12 and afterwards, since Clark is off-world.

Bendis does a great job at displaying paranoia and the poisonous potential that a sole survivor can create.

And Leviathan doesn't want to remain a secret; but truly reshape the world... That's intruiguing, to say the least.
    end of spoilers

The art is also stellar, and it's my first Maalev book, and I was afraid at first that I wouldn't dig it, but it works perfectly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Minor spoilers from today's first issue :

spoilers:
    Event Leviathan does happens after the Special and not during, but probably during Superman 12 and afterwards, since Clark is off-world.

Bendis does a great job at displaying paranoia and the poisonous potential that a sole survivor can create.

And Leviathan doesn't want to remain a secret; but truly reshape the world... That's intruiguing, to say the least.
    end of spoilers

The art is also stellar, and it's my first Maalev book, and I was afraid at first that I wouldn't dig it, but it works perfectly here.
    How much was Question in the issue, I havent picked it up yet
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    How much was Question in the issue, I havent picked it up yet
    spoilers:
    Batman is thinking about gathering all the best Detectives here and depart the destroyed ARGUS complex, then leaves with Lois, Green Arrow and an unconscious Steve Trevor. Question is then glimpsed in the background, having been there the whole time and apparently following them. That's it.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Part of me is glad that Ollie is involved but i'm conflicted because making him a detective just puts him more into Batman territory.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

I'm worried Ollie's Leviathan.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Part of me is glad that Ollie is involved but i'm conflicted because making him a detective just puts him more into Batman territory.
    He is a hunter, though.

His involvement makes sense.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Ollie has plenty of other skills as well. Besides a character who isn't usually a detective can be in mystery stories. Variety is good.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Ollie has plenty of other skills as well. Besides a character who isn't usually a detective can be in mystery stories. Variety is good.
    Variety is good. I agree. Either way I’m intrigued, it’s just that when I think of DC’s detectives. Green Arrow doesn’t come to mind. But as Bohemian said: He’s a hunter.

There are some detecting skills that goes into being a hunter after all.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    spoilers:
    Batman is thinking about gathering all the best Detectives here and depart the destroyed ARGUS complex, then leaves with Lois, Green Arrow and an unconscious Steve Trevor. Question is then glimpsed in the background, having been there the whole time and apparently following them. That's it.
    end of spoilers
    It always feels like the WW-verse gets short changed in any major event. So it was a pleasant surprise to see Steve Trevor in the first issue, calling back to his ties with ARGUS. I'm not sure I agree with this action/reaction though, but I'm willing to roll with the paranoia factor. I hope Steve Trevor will play more substantial roles in Event Leviathan.

That said, I loved seeing Lois Lane featured front and center in this issue. Her interaction and relationship with Batman was fun.

I'm on board for this ride.

I liked the first issue. Bendis events typically start strong before losing all momentum in the middle, and then simply awkwardly ending. We’ll see if the switch to DC has helped Bendis in that regard.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked the first issue. Bendis events typically start strong before losing all momentum in the middle, and then simply awkwardly ending. We’ll see if the switch to DC has helped Bendis in that regard.

Hahaha. There's a lot of truth in that. Perhaps the editor will actually be an editor in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well, it's 6 issues, right? If DC holds them to that and doesn't let it balloon into the 8+ issues that the worst of the Bendis events were, it might avoid some pacing issues.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So Lois only trusts Clark completely and not her own son? Kind of a weird take, and I'm going to consider that an slip on Bendis' part because I can't imagine Lois doesn't trust her son.

Steve taking a shot at Lois was weird. I understand he's extremely stressed after everything he went through (not to mention his relationship with Diana over in that book seems to be under duress, so perhaps that's weighing in too) so perhaps he cracked for a moment.

The art was spectacular and I overall really enjoyed the issue. Ollie telling Batman to "shut up, nerd" was something I never realized I needed. Lois absolutely deserves to be headlining this event and I'm so glad she's going to be more involved in the DCU than just Superman's wife.

Can't wait to see what's next.