Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    The theory posited elsewhere that Leviathan will turn out to be Kathy (not Kate) Kane is, I think, worthy of consideration.

- Spymaster
    - Worked with the Bat-family, but definitely an outsider
    - Access to Spyral ("Spy"-ral... I just got that!) face-swirling tech
    - Leviathan's outfit would sufficiently hide a female form, in a classic "Mask of the Phantasm" kind of way.

Also, I just plain like Kathy Kane
    Didn’t even think of her. She would fit perfectly as Leviathan.

All-New Member

I am really enjoying Action Comics, started with Benids.

I am not that interested to pick up Superman but will pick up Jimmy and Lois releases. I am not much for the Superman cosmic when not a universe event but loving the Metropolis stuff.

Do i need anything outside of Action to prepare for this event? Getting the Leviathan special next week

Just a few issues with all of this. First, I am excited about the event and am a thirty-plus year Superman fan/geek. The thing is, how is Vic Sage and Ralph Dibny alive. I know N52/Rebirth/Doc Manhattan shannigans and such, but I would like an explanation. I dug Renee Montoya as The Question. I love Ralph and Sue. I would just like an in-comic explanation. Those were really big events in DC to simply ignore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Speaking of stretches, Elongated Man is the stretching detective, Bendis!!

Using Plas interchangeably with Ralph is a pet peeve of mine but I've never seen it quite as blatant as calling a character that's never been a detective at all one of DC's greatest detectives, while the guy he's intentionally mistaking him absolutely is one of DC's greatest detectives.

But that's the only thing I find problematic about Event Leviathan or Bendis at DC. I didn't read him at Marvel so I didn't have an opinion of him before recently and I've enjoyed everything he's done so far, especially the lead-up to this event. I'm all in.
    I'm just curious, has anything about this mini touted Plastic Man as a detective?

Because while he isn't a detective, Plastic Man's powers, and ability to infiltrate virtually anywhere, are second to none. Ever since Grant Morrison's JLA, and probably some time before that, he was considered THE infiltration expert.

Hell, in Injustice, the Regime all regarded him a enormous threat, even when he politely came by to ask them to release his son. And he demonstrated his cunning in that, by staging a one man jail break

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Just a few issues with all of this. First, I am excited about the event and am a thirty-plus year Superman fan/geek. The thing is, how is Vic Sage and Ralph Dibny alive. I know N52/Rebirth/Doc Manhattan shannigans and such, but I would like an explanation. I dug Renee Montoya as The Question. I love Ralph and Sue. I would just like an in-comic explanation. Those were really big events in DC to simply ignore.
    Ralph and Sue i heard were brought back towards the end of the New 52 during in Secret Six. I don't know about the Question, since he literally reappered just now after the New 52.

One thing i am wondering is what will happen to the spy world in general after this. Bendis wont bring back the old status quo, since he didn't like that there were multiple organization that overlapped (TBH he's kinda right).The squad will probably survive but with the others? Will he try to make a sort of Shield?

I suspect that Leviathan will become a strange mix of SHIELD/HYDRA. It isn't as if the spy organizations weren't hindering the heroes most of the time anyway, so it could work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Ralph and Sue i heard were brought back towards the end of the New 52 during in Secret Six. I don't know about the Question, since he literally reappered just now after the New 52.

One thing i am wondering is what will happen to the spy world in general after this. Bendis wont bring back the old status quo, since he didn't like that there were multiple organization that overlapped (TBH he's kinda right).The squad will probably survive but with the others? Will he try to make a sort of Shield?
    God, lets hope not. One organization to rule them all is a stupid idea, because then that one organization becomes a catch all for everything, despite the internal logic not working at all.

I mean, Shield was a spy slash military force for the United Nations (who do they spy on then?), then America then who knew? When one organization becomes everything, it also becomes nothing. Because other writers are going to need something different.

The smart thing to do would be to better define the organizations, and have the editors keep to that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    God, lets hope not. One organization to rule them all is a stupid idea, because then that one organization becomes a catch all for everything, despite the internal logic not working at all.

I mean, Shield was a spy slash military force for the United Nations (who do they spy on then?), then America then who knew? When one organization becomes everything, it also becomes nothing. Because other writers are going to need something different.

The smart thing to do would be to better define the organizations, and have the editors keep to that.
    I like how the DEO handles extraterrestrial issues on the Supergirl tv show. I think they should incorporate that into the DCU. SHADE deals with supernatural occurrences, the DEO extraterrestrial, and ARGUS is the umbrella for meta human affairs. Checkmate can be the United Nations organization.

I don't think the DC Universe really needs a SHIELD/Hydra equivalent, but that's just me. I like that the DCU had a lot of different organizations for various Meta-problems, but writers often never did anything with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm just curious, has anything about this mini touted Plastic Man as a detective?
    It's mostly just been in solicits, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Sage was appearing in the New 52 Suicide squad book but he wasnt the Question. But honestly The Question is one of those chracters that they can get away with going “Or was He?” When asked about his death. Renee was confirmed to have BEEN the Question in the current canon at some point in the past but she quit the Hero Life and refuses to go near it again
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Sage was appearing in the New 52 Suicide squad book but he wasnt the Question. But honestly The Question is one of those chracters that they can get away with going “Or was He?” When asked about his death. Renee was confirmed to have BEEN the Question in the current canon at some point in the past but she quit the Hero Life and refuses to go near it again
    I didn't even know about this .

Oh, I know --- it's Nemesis!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oh, I know --- it's Nemesis!
    It would be kind of funny if he's not the secret villain of HiC but he is here .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was that DCYou era New Suicide Squad book. Not a great book, to be honest.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not a suprise. That version had less in comon with the Question than Waller whit Supergirl.He started as co-director, was kicked out by Waller and ended up being used by a company to reveal the squad to the world.
    Last edited by Bromor; 05-25-2019 at 11:34 AM.