Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 236
  1. #181
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,691

    Default

    At this point I'm just used to them snubbing Ralph for Plas just because he's more popular and "fun."

    Half the time it's easy to forget Ralph and Sue are alive again.

  2. #182
    Spectacular Member Tenzel Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    172

    Default

    It simply has to be Wally West. He knows about pre-Flashpoint continuity and he needed something to do those five or seven days or however long it was he delayed the revelation of himself as the killer ��

  3. #183
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    It simply has to be Wally West. He knows about pre-Flashpoint continuity and he needed something to do those five or seven days or however long it was he delayed the revelation of himself as the killer ��
    Oh boy, let's not shake that hornet's nest...

  4. #184
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    It simply has to be Wally West. He knows about pre-Flashpoint continuity and he needed something to do those five or seven days or however long it was he delayed the revelation of himself as the killer ��
    Nah, its Bendis' Jon Kent. In Superman, he may seem well balanced, but here, it actually shows the years of psychological and emotional torture he suffered on Earth 3.

  5. #185
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    It's the Two Marthas. Jor-El came back as a villain, why not their moms?

  6. #186
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,945

    Default

    I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I really liked this issue. The pacing may be slow, but I think it works well for the kind of story it is. In the end, the goal is not to shut down Leviathan but to discover who he is. Considering the use of a very large cast of characters, Bendis and Maalev are doing an awesome work, to me at least. And that last page... man, it's awesome.

    spoilers:
    Lois Lane has assembled a secondary team of detectives, comprised of Zatanna, Deathstroke, COnstantine, Elongated Man, Harvey Bulloc and Renee Montoya as Question - plus possibly The Silencer, even if the later may in fact be working for Leviathan, it isn't really clear.
    end of spoilers

  7. #187
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    What I find really interesting is the fact that the comic claims that Leviathan is uses spatial/temporal manipulation, but based on how Superman described his skirmish with Leviathan it seems like Leviathan is actually manipulating gravity.

    Either one or all of those abilities are being simulated by technology or we need to start looking at characters whose power sets include space, temporal and gravity manipulation. I can't think of any character whose power set includes all three. The only notable gravity manipulators I remember being in DC are Geo Force and a few characters from the LOSH.

  8. #188
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I really liked this issue. The pacing may be slow, but I think it works well for the kind of story it is. In the end, the goal is not to shut down Leviathan but to discover who he is. Considering the use of a very large cast of characters, Bendis and Maalev are doing an awesome work, to me at least. And that last page... man, it's awesome.

    spoilers:
    Lois Lane has assembled a secondary team of detectives, comprised of Zatanna, Deathstroke, COnstantine, Elongated Man, Harvey Bulloc and Renee Montoya as Question - plus possibly The Silencer, even if the later may in fact be working for Leviathan, it isn't really clear.
    end of spoilers
    When did Lois get all this clout that she is assembling teams of various heroes like that? Most don't even know that she is married/connected to Superman so how is she contacting these heroes and more importantly why are they agreeing to be her "team" and follow her lead. As far as they know she's just a renowned reporter.

  9. #189
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    When did Lois get all this clout that she is assembling teams of various heroes like that? Most don't even know that she is married/connected to Superman so how is she contacting these heroes and more importantly why are they agreeing to be her "team" and follow her lead. As far as they know she's just a renowned reporter.
    Maybe the writers will explain next issue. I'm more curious as to how Lois was able to persuade a certain amoral mercenary to help.

  10. #190
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe the writers will explain next issue. I'm more curious as to how Lois was able to persuade a certain amoral mercenary to help.
    I think that works in the context of the fill in issues where she was with him during the Rebirth run. As for the rest, there isn't really anyone there that I see as being above working with someone like Lois on something like this. spoilers:
    Renee and Bullock are essentially lower tier than her, so if Lois Lane known confidant of Superman (at a minimum) came to you saying she was investigating some sort of conspiracy and wanted you to work on it, it's entirely reasonable they would. Same with Elongated Man and Zatanna. If that was Constantine, he'd be a little odd, but he'd likely go along with Zatanna and it seems like the type of conspiracy he'd get a kick out of. He's worked with ARGUS didn't he back in the original Justice League Dark series. And Deathstroke, well that'd only take money wouldn't it. But they actually have a connection in Rebirth from those two issues where she interviewed him and Waller was also involved.
    end of spoilers

  11. #191
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/interview-brian-...tm_name=iossmf

    Bendis Interview with Spoilers confirming spoilers:
    that yes- Thats Constantine
    end of spoilers
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  12. #192
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What I find really interesting is the fact that the comic claims that Leviathan is uses spatial/temporal manipulation, but based on how Superman described his skirmish with Leviathan it seems like Leviathan is actually manipulating gravity.

    Either one or all of those abilities are being simulated by technology or we need to start looking at characters whose power sets include space, temporal and gravity manipulation. I can't think of any character whose power set includes all three. The only notable gravity manipulators I remember being in DC are Geo Force and a few characters from the LOSH.
    Well, In real life physics gravity could affect space/time so maybe Leviathan using gravity to manipulating time/space?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

  13. #193
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Also I find this is interesting, Did that mean Supes has time-traveling ability just as what he has during pre-crisis era?
    Event Leviathan 004-006.jpg
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

  14. #194
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Also I find this is interesting, Did that mean Supes has time-traveling ability just as what he has during pre-crisis era?
    Event Leviathan 004-006.jpg
    Cant wait for him to fly so fast round the earth he reverses time!
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  15. #195
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Also I find this is interesting, Did that mean Supes has time-traveling ability just as what he has during pre-crisis era?
    Event Leviathan 004-006.jpg
    This was the page that made me suspect that Leviathan used some type of gravity manipulation to ward off Superman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •