Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

At this point I'm just used to them snubbing Ralph for Plas just because he's more popular and "fun."

Half the time it's easy to forget Ralph and Sue are alive again.

It simply has to be Wally West. He knows about pre-Flashpoint continuity and he needed something to do those five or seven days or however long it was he delayed the revelation of himself as the killer ��

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    It simply has to be Wally West. He knows about pre-Flashpoint continuity and he needed something to do those five or seven days or however long it was he delayed the revelation of himself as the killer ��
    Oh boy, let's not shake that hornet's nest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Nah, its Bendis' Jon Kent. In Superman, he may seem well balanced, but here, it actually shows the years of psychological and emotional torture he suffered on Earth 3.

It's the Two Marthas. Jor-El came back as a villain, why not their moms?

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I really liked this issue. The pacing may be slow, but I think it works well for the kind of story it is. In the end, the goal is not to shut down Leviathan but to discover who he is. Considering the use of a very large cast of characters, Bendis and Maalev are doing an awesome work, to me at least. And that last page... man, it's awesome.

spoilers:
    Lois Lane has assembled a secondary team of detectives, comprised of Zatanna, Deathstroke, COnstantine, Elongated Man, Harvey Bulloc and Renee Montoya as Question - plus possibly The Silencer, even if the later may in fact be working for Leviathan, it isn't really clear.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

What I find really interesting is the fact that the comic claims that Leviathan is uses spatial/temporal manipulation, but based on how Superman described his skirmish with Leviathan it seems like Leviathan is actually manipulating gravity.

Either one or all of those abilities are being simulated by technology or we need to start looking at characters whose power sets include space, temporal and gravity manipulation. I can't think of any character whose power set includes all three. The only notable gravity manipulators I remember being in DC are Geo Force and a few characters from the LOSH.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I really liked this issue. The pacing may be slow, but I think it works well for the kind of story it is. In the end, the goal is not to shut down Leviathan but to discover who he is. Considering the use of a very large cast of characters, Bendis and Maalev are doing an awesome work, to me at least. And that last page... man, it's awesome.

spoilers:
    Lois Lane has assembled a secondary team of detectives, comprised of Zatanna, Deathstroke, COnstantine, Elongated Man, Harvey Bulloc and Renee Montoya as Question - plus possibly The Silencer, even if the later may in fact be working for Leviathan, it isn't really clear.
    end of spoilers
    When did Lois get all this clout that she is assembling teams of various heroes like that? Most don't even know that she is married/connected to Superman so how is she contacting these heroes and more importantly why are they agreeing to be her "team" and follow her lead. As far as they know she's just a renowned reporter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    When did Lois get all this clout that she is assembling teams of various heroes like that? Most don't even know that she is married/connected to Superman so how is she contacting these heroes and more importantly why are they agreeing to be her "team" and follow her lead. As far as they know she's just a renowned reporter.
    Maybe the writers will explain next issue. I'm more curious as to how Lois was able to persuade a certain amoral mercenary to help.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe the writers will explain next issue. I'm more curious as to how Lois was able to persuade a certain amoral mercenary to help.
    I think that works in the context of the fill in issues where she was with him during the Rebirth run. As for the rest, there isn't really anyone there that I see as being above working with someone like Lois on something like this. spoilers:
    Renee and Bullock are essentially lower tier than her, so if Lois Lane known confidant of Superman (at a minimum) came to you saying she was investigating some sort of conspiracy and wanted you to work on it, it's entirely reasonable they would. Same with Elongated Man and Zatanna. If that was Constantine, he'd be a little odd, but he'd likely go along with Zatanna and it seems like the type of conspiracy he'd get a kick out of. He's worked with ARGUS didn't he back in the original Justice League Dark series. And Deathstroke, well that'd only take money wouldn't it. But they actually have a connection in Rebirth from those two issues where she interviewed him and Waller was also involved.
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/interview-brian-...tm_name=iossmf

Bendis Interview with Spoilers confirming spoilers:
    that yes- Thats Constantine
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What I find really interesting is the fact that the comic claims that Leviathan is uses spatial/temporal manipulation, but based on how Superman described his skirmish with Leviathan it seems like Leviathan is actually manipulating gravity.

Either one or all of those abilities are being simulated by technology or we need to start looking at characters whose power sets include space, temporal and gravity manipulation. I can't think of any character whose power set includes all three. The only notable gravity manipulators I remember being in DC are Geo Force and a few characters from the LOSH.
    Well, In real life physics gravity could affect space/time so maybe Leviathan using gravity to manipulating time/space?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Also I find this is interesting, Did that mean Supes has time-traveling ability just as what he has during pre-crisis era?
    Event Leviathan 004-006.jpg
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Also I find this is interesting, Did that mean Supes has time-traveling ability just as what he has during pre-crisis era?
    Cant wait for him to fly so fast round the earth he reverses time!
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    This was the page that made me suspect that Leviathan used some type of gravity manipulation to ward off Superman.