Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Some Pretty compelling reasoning that “LEVIATHAN” is Roy Harper
    https://twitter.com/RoyHarperTalk/st...355916288?s=20
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Some Pretty compelling reasoning that “LEVIATHAN” is Roy Harper
    https://twitter.com/RoyHarperTalk/st...355916288?s=20
    I am sure fanboys are going to cry foul over this being a rehash of Red Hood, but considering how defanged Jason has become since his resurrection, it makes sense to put Roy in that role as a more villainous antihero.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of funny if he's not the secret villain of HiC but he is here .
    He's definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am sure fanboys are going to cry foul over this being a rehash of Red Hood, but considering how defanged Jason has become since his resurrection, it makes sense to put Roy in that role as a more villainous antihero.
    It makes sense to ruin Roy because Jason sucks as an antihero? Checks out.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

It makes sense to ruin Roy because he's a Titan, Byrd. They've got Donna, Wally, and Dick(ric) already. Roy's next on the relevance list.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That's a compelling and well reasoned argument for the reveal and thus I firmly believe that editorial fought and successfully killed it.

It's probably Ric Grayson or something. Didio must have his due.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hmm, wouldn't that make him an antivillain? I think that would be cool, do with him what they could've done with Jason, have him stick with a more antagonistic role in the DC landscape for an extended period of time; kinda like a reverse Hawkeye. I wouldn't mind but then again I'm not a massive Roy fan, so iunno if his die-hards would be cool with that happening. Can't say what the odds would be of that happening tho.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-28-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Hmm, wouldn't that make him an antivillain? I think that would be cool, do with him what they could've done with Jason, have him stick with a more antagonistic role in the DC landscape for an extended period of time; kinda like a reverse Hawkeye. I wouldn't mind but then again I'm not a massive Roy fan, so iunno if his die-hards would be cool with that happening. Can't say what the odds would be of that happening tho.
    Jason would've already fit this role beyond perfectly why go through all this effort to rip a character apart to fit a role he has never even come close to being before?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Some more interior art : https://twitter.com/nathanfairbairn/...05245554417664

I really love this look for Talia. Still a little dubitative on Leviathan's look, I suspect it isn't meant to last once his/her identity will be known.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He's been ruined long before any of this lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    He's been ruined long before any of this lmao.
    I know and DC should stop by now. Things were bad before but they are still bad, something can be done about now you can't help what's already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It makes sense to ruin Roy because he's a Titan, Byrd. They've got Donna, Wally, and Dick(ric) already. Roy's next on the relevance list.
    Thank goodness Garth is too irrelevant to make a villain .
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Although I think there's probably more incentive to bring Roy back into the hero fold then there was for Jason.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I get it. You hate Jason Todd and can only tolerate him when he serves as a villainous plot device for other characters that you love. I think the whole forum knows by now.
    But can you stop being such an ******* about it?
    There is a difference between stating own's opinion and being unnecessarily cruel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I get it. You hate Jason Todd and can only tolerate him when he serves as a villainous plot device for other characters that you love. I think the whole forum knows by now.
    But can you stop being such an ******* about it?
    There is a difference between stating own's opinion and being unnecessarily cruel about it.
    How am I being cruel? If everyone knows I "hate" Jason you should know I'm pretty sarcastic too, it's nothing new. Besides that I think I make a pretty good point. Just because a character no longer fills a certain role you shouldn't force someone else to fill it. That makes no sense at all. That's an idea that reeks of unoriginality and as a company decision rather than a story beat or character moment.

Also name calling? Really? Bored called Jason defanged, that's what I've been complaining about the entire reboot. He's a downgraded Punisher who now follows whatever Batman says and hangs out with the bat-family. These things are completely at odds with the idea of how he was at his return and this change DOESN't FEEL EARNED. That is my issue, I've stated this over and over but people just say you hate Jason because...

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

How am I being cruel? If everyone knows I "hate" Jason you should know I'm pretty sarcastic too, it's nothing new. Besides that I think I make a pretty good point. Just because a character no longer fills a certain role you shouldn't force someone else to fill it. That makes no sense at all. That's an idea that reeks of unoriginality and as a company decision rather than a story beat or character moment.

Also name calling? Really? Bored called Jason defanged, that's what I've been complaining about the entire reboot. He's a downgraded Punisher who now follows whatever Batman says and hangs out with the bat-family. These things are completely at odds with the idea of how he was at his return and this change DOESN't FEEL EARNED. That is my issue, I've stated this over and over but people just say you hate Jason because...
    You have a strange definition of sarcasm. Using every opportunity to downgrade Jason is not sarcasm. I call that hate.
    And I'm not going to argue with you about Jason's depiction since New52. I'm pretty sure there is nothing Jason could ever do so that his change would feel earned for you. Maybe dying a cruel death (again).
    Hate Jason all you want, that's not my point. But your behavior here in the forum sucks. We all have our favorites and we all have characters that we don't like that much. But we all write in the same forum, so for the sake of harmony is it really too much to ask that you keep your little hate outbursts to a minimum?