Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Not a suprise. That version had less in comon with the Question than Waller whit Supergirl.He started as co-director, was kicked out by Waller and ended up being used by a company to reveal the squad to the world.
    Wasn't that around the time the Phantom Stranger was revealed to be Judas, and Question was some vague mystical character?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wasn't that around the time the Phantom Stranger was revealed to be Judas, and Question was some vague mystical character?
    Yep. They and Pandora formed the Trinity of Sin, since they were considered the three worst sinners of history.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oh, I know --- it's Nemesis!
    This made me laugh.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It was that DCYou era New Suicide Squad book. Not a great book, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Not a suprise. That version had less in comon with the Question than Waller whit Supergirl.He started as co-director, was kicked out by Waller and ended up being used by a company to reveal the squad to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Man, the New 52 could be so random sometimes...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    The theory posited elsewhere that Leviathan will turn out to be Kathy (not Kate) Kane is, I think, worthy of consideration.

- Spymaster
    - Worked with the Bat-family, but definitely an outsider
    - Access to Spyral ("Spy"-ral... I just got that!) face-swirling tech
    - Leviathan's outfit would sufficiently hide a female form, in a classic "Mask of the Phantasm" kind of way.

Also, I just plain like Kathy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Didn’t even think of her. She would fit perfectly as Leviathan.
    I hope this is right. I would love it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, the New 52 could be so random sometimes...
    I would argue that it was more poorly conceived than anything else. The Stranger's basic concept was that no one knew his origin. So they...gave him an origin.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I like how the DEO handles extraterrestrial issues on the Supergirl tv show. I think they should incorporate that into the DCU. SHADE deals with supernatural occurrences, the DEO extraterrestrial, and ARGUS is the umbrella for meta human affairs. Checkmate can be the United Nations organization.
    I would be down with this!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

All-New Member

What do i need to read to prepare?

Just found out SILENCER is related

Quote Originally Posted by movieclub View Post
    What do i need to read to prepare?

Just found out SILENCER is related
    From what I've seen ehre and there, the main books to read before hands are Action Comics (the Leviathan Rising arc), then the one-shot coming up this wednesday (also called Leviathan Rising, I think?) and then the Event Leviathan books themselves.

The Silencer is a great read but so far it hasn't be a part of the groundwork for this event, as far as I can tell (the last issue at the end of June may change things a little, but not by much I suspect), even if the titular character will be a part of the event apparently.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    From what I've seen ehre and there, the main books to read before hands are Action Comics (the Leviathan Rising arc), then the one-shot coming up this wednesday (also called Leviathan Rising, I think?) and then the Event Leviathan books themselves.

The Silencer is a great read but so far it hasn't be a part of the groundwork for this event, as far as I can tell (the last issue at the end of June may change things a little, but not by much I suspect), even if the titular character will be a part of the event apparently.
    The Year of the Villian one shot goes in there too (forget where).

I really hope this event helps to connect The Silencer to the larger DCU. If Bendis does reshape the DC covert ops agencies I hope she’s at the forefront. There were a number of good concepts in the New Age of Heroes that DC has apparently given up on. Hopefully The Silencer is the character who finds her footing and remains an important part of this corner of the DCU.

I really hope this event helps to connect The Silencer to the larger DCU. If Bendis does reshape the DC covert ops agencies I hope she’s at the forefront. There were a number of good concepts in the New Age of Heroes that DC has apparently given up on. Hopefully The Silencer is the character who finds her footing and remains an important part of this corner of the DCU.
    I don't know much or really care about Silencer. I feel like your the first person I've heard wanting a push for her.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't know much or really care about Silencer. I feel like your the first person I've heard wanting a push for her.
    Really? I thought she had an underground following. Similar to Manhunter who thankfully has made her return to the DCU.

I would definitively love to see more of Honor (hence why I'm happy that she'll be in Event Leviathan at all!) and the other NAoH characters, that's fore sure.

Really? I thought she had an underground following. Similar to Manhunter who thankfully has made her return to the DCU.
    Manhunter yeah, I honestly haven't heard much about Silencer other than her one team up with Nightwing. I heard more about Mother Panic which I know nothing about.