Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

At first it seemed odd to me that this was a Superman story that becomes a Batman story, but it's evidently been a Lois Lane story, which is all good with me.

I know this is Bendis, but I was still surprised the first issue was just a conversation - especially with a lot of it recapping what we already knew if you'd been following this. It felt like a Zero issue that should have been 8 pages.

What's with that Odyssey building? Let's hope this doesn't lead to Coast City being destroyed again...

Wait, wasn't Ollie captured by Leviathan in the YotV prelude? He's definitely not Leviathan, but he's also probably compromised.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So Lois only trusts Clark completely and not her own son? Kind of a weird take, and I'm going to consider that an slip on Bendis' part because I can't imagine Lois doesn't trust her son.

Steve taking a shot at Lois was weird. I understand he's extremely stressed after everything he went through (not to mention his relationship with Diana over in that book seems to be under duress, so perhaps that's weighing in too) so perhaps he cracked for a moment.

The art was spectacular and I overall really enjoyed the issue. Ollie telling Batman to "shut up, nerd" was something I never realized I needed. Lois absolutely deserves to be headlining this event and I'm so glad she's going to be more involved in the DCU than just Superman's wife.

Can't wait to see what's next.
    I think one can infer that she does trust Jon as she does Clark but considering the topic at hand, and the way they both go out of their way not to call Supes out directly, it would be odd for her to bring up her son as another person to trust in this situation besides him. I think it's out of habit to maintain the secret, in case the destroyed walls have ears.

I don't know that it's natural to say that you "trust" your child. Aside from what's been going on with him lately anyway, the whole point of children is that they can't take care of themselves or you wouldn't bother parenting them anymore, no?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Wait, wasn't Ollie captured by Leviathan in the YotV prelude? He's definitely not Leviathan, but he's also probably compromised.
    We actually don't know what happened to him after he and Barbara were taken. We never see Ollie and Leviathan in the same place. I think there's a good chance it's Ollie. Remember, the Ollie-centric Leviathan preview said the two were the same.

Only reason I think it might not be the case is that it seems too obvious.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

All-New Member

FullSizeRender.jpg

Re-reading Year of the Villain and spotted Batman watching Clark get kidnapped from Leviathan Special!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So Lois only trusts Clark completely and not her own son? Kind of a weird take, and I'm going to consider that an slip on Bendis' part because I can't imagine Lois doesn't trust her son.
    I think that's just an overly literal reading of that line there.

I read Superman Leviathan Rising and Event Leviathan, I feel like i'm missing huge chunks in the story am I missing something?

Surprisingly though I enjoyed what I read and I usually hate events.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I was planning on avoiding this, but dammit Bendis - you HAD to include Kate Spencer didn't you?
    God, I love that character.
    I'm in.
    I didn't even know she was in here, it was the most pleasant surprise I've had in a while.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I read Superman Leviathan Rising and Event Leviathan, I feel like i'm missing huge chunks in the story am I missing something?

Surprisingly though I enjoyed what I read and I usually hate events.
    Leviathan Rising-> Leviathan Strikes -> Event Leviathan

But to fully get Leviathan Rising, you could read the start of Bendis’s Action, but to get Bendis’s Action you gotta read his Man of a Steel mini. From what I gather. I skipped the mini and was a bit lost at first.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Leviathan Rising-> Leviathan Strikes -> Event Leviathan

But to fully get Leviathan Rising, you could read the start of Bendis’s Action, but to get Bendis’s Action you gotta read his Man of a Steel mini. From what I gather. I skipped the mini and was a bit lost at first.
    Oh ok thanks for the info. I read Man of Steel and a little bit of action, I guess I'll finish that and then read Leviathan Strikes.

So if theory is that Ollie’s a Traitor, who else can we see as traitors.

Batman was told go to hell so he’s safe and Question we’ve followed in Action Comics and he’s not ID’d leviathan til now
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Fantastic Member

I'm liking the event so far but I'm confused about one thing.

Talia. Ollie asks "Do we know where Talia is, at this moment." And none of the other characters answer.

Didn't Superman take Talia to jail at the end of Leviathan Rising? How is it that Lois doesn't know where she is and keeps questioning whether Batman does?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I'm liking the event so far but I'm confused about one thing.

Talia. Ollie asks "Do we know where Talia is, at this moment." And none of the other characters answer.

Didn't Superman take Talia to jail at the end of Leviathan Rising? How is it that Lois doesn't know where she is and keeps questioning whether Batman does?
    It’s Talia. Unless he left her in the Fortress of Solitude, I doubt there’s a place that could hold her for very long.

Worst case scenario for Talia is daddy coming in and breaking her out of prison.

But as seen in Batman and the Outsiders, and as hinted by the solicits, even losing the League of Assassins, Ra's retained some powerful and deadly servants like newly introduced Ishmael (he also made his nest in Khadym, which has been Talia's country in Rebirth -if it existed before).

SO it's possible she had some agents (a resurrected Raze ? A resurrected Smoke? Quietus or Jonah Nine?) seen in The Silencer who broker her out of prison really quick.