Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I don’t know why, but I like like this book. It’s so Bendis. But works. IMO anyway.

1) WHAT is the Question doing with a cookie?? He can't eat it with that mask on...
    2) YAY to that last page. I don't ever recall seeing that person with that costume though. Is it new or really old?
    3) Batgirl's "there are a lot of us here" comment has me worried now for which heroes will be outed as working with Leviathan. Maybe it will be a thing where at the end he's not really a villain, but someone they end up just managing to work with? Then any hero who did work for him won't be ruined for "breaking bad."

The Mark Shaw theory seems even stronger now. Would explain why the the villain is so focused on Kate. There's also the fact Batgirl said something like MRK when she was getting cut off.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

While I would love to see Mark Shaw get used again, I think he's not very likely as a suspect simply due to the fact that he hasn't been mentioned even once in the story thus far. If Bendis is to be believed, he's been playing fair with the audience in terms of the mystery, which means that we've already seen (or at the very least heard about) the culprit by this point in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    1) WHAT is the Question doing with a cookie?? He can't eat it with that mask on...
    2) YAY to that last page. I don't ever recall seeing that person with that costume though. Is it new or really old?
    3) Batgirl's "there are a lot of us here" comment has me worried now for which heroes will be outed as working with Leviathan. Maybe it will be a thing where at the end he's not really a villain, but someone they end up just managing to work with? Then any hero who did work for him won't be ruined for "breaking bad."
    Vic clearly suspects the Cookie
    Last edited by Denirac; 09-12-2019 at 04:48 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I won't lie, I'm not even trying to figure who Leviathan could be, at that point. I'm just enjoying the ride, because I really like it !

Batgirl: WAIT, WHO IS IN THERE WITH YOU?
    Batman: YOU CAN'T SEE US?
    Batgirl: I CAN TE-KG -- -- LEVIN-- -- MRK--

Welcome to "Batgirl Hangman" Any guesses?

I think the mystery (and the Event) is dragging too long as of now.

But that's Bendis writing, I guess. Maybe the hype of him going to DC made me forget the downsides of his "style" of writing

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I think the mystery (and the Event) is dragging too long as of now.

But that's Bendis writing, I guess. Maybe the hype of him going to DC made me forget the downsides of his "style" of writing
    How long is this mini? I would hope that there's more to the story than just waiting to find out who Leviathan is.

Extraordinary Member

I kind of felt like when the detectives are all talking about how Leviathan is doing all this stuff to keep them distracted from Leviathan, the Bendis is doing all this stuff to keep the reader distracted from wondering where the story is.

While I want to like this series, it just feels like it is going nowhere, that when it is all over most all of this won't matter, and if there was something going on, fine, but so much talk that does not serve the story or even the characters is not what I am looking for.

What I love most about this series is the use of many underrated characters.
    Who would have thought Kate Spencer would be a major player in a DC event?
    That last page was a delight too. Love seeing Zatanna and Elongated Man, even he could have been chosen for the main team.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    spoilers:
    And Deathstroke, well that'd only take money wouldn't it.
    end of spoilers
    And where would Lois Lane of all people have gotten that kind of money?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    And where would Lois Lane of all people have gotten that kind of money?
    The Daily Planet is about to get one hell of an expense report. If you've been reading Action Comics the new owner (who also heads the Invisible Mafia) basically made ID'ing Leviathan her first priority. So maybe she ok'd some ridiculous expenses.

Though, thinking on it Deathstroke might also be interested in working with them out of pure self interest. Leviathan would likely turn it's attention to actors like him eventually if they are attempting to centralize control of all this clandestine stuff. Plus, Deathstroke's last encounter with Lois was at the behest of Amanda Waller. So she could be secretly paying Deathstroke to work with them to get the information herself eventually. At first blush it sounds implausible that Deathstroke would work with Lois, but it's not that far fetched when you think about it.

Regarding Deathstroke, he is a major -if independent- player in the Underworld, who actually got himself involved in the Leviathan Civil War because it was disturbing all his operations. Obviously the new Leviathan is even more a pain in his ass, so when he was approached by Lois Lane, he probably agreed to help her relatively cheaply. Plus, he softened a little during Priest's still unfinished run, so depending of when Event Leviathan happens, it could work relatively easily.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Best issue yet, in my opinion. A part of me is a little worried Bendis is going to somehow pin this on Kate, as Batgirl seemed to indicate that Leviathan might actually be in the room with the heroes, but I think it's a double fake-out on Bendis's part. I like the Mark Shaw theory, myself. I'm wondering if Dylan Battles might be tied up in this, too, though. He is a tech genius, after all, and Damian even asked where Kate gets her equipment, a question which I felt Bendis dubiously left hanging.

Also really like that Bendis took the time to focus in on Kate and have the other heroes ask why she's a part of this in the first place. As a fan of Kate's, I've been wondering that myself since the series was announced, but it makes sense that the heroes would question it, too, given her dodgy past with the greater hero community. Good hook having them confront it directly. Plus, it put the spotlight on her this issue, which was just fine by me.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb