Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I thought it was ok. Amazing art! I think I was just a little disappointed that The Question, Manhunter, and Plas weren’t really featured. Yeah Manhunter showed up for a second but didn’t do anything. Loved the Jimmy Olsen and Dex Star part! What’s up with DC and heavy set black women? Yeah Amanda Waller is an awesome character but now we have Ms. Leone and lets not forget about the new version of Etta Candy.
    DC's planning a big summer event in which Waller forms the Battalion of Big Black Badass Bitches.

I'd buy it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    DC's planning a big summer event in which Waller forms the Battalion of Big Black Badass Bitches.

I'd buy it.
    I'd give it a shot, surely.

I'd buy it.
    Love the alliteration.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'd buy it.
    Accompanying music provided by Isaac Hayes. Make it happen DC!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'd buy it.
    Damn it Bored, no more spoilers!!!

Spectacular Member

I'd buy it.
    Leviathan was merely a setback.

Wasn't it confirmed in that collider interview on YouTube that Leviathan wasn't a new character...

And there are 2 things I'm not sure of, is Leviathan a character who was a part of the Leviathan organization and rose from within the ranks while gaining support for coup, or were they an outsider that teamed up with Talia to rebrand the organization and has now taken over the organization.

I also do like the idea of Roy being Leviathan b/c he certainly wasn't a suspect for me and everything can relatively be explained if he was behind it but knowing Bendis it's probably an obscure/rarely used character.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Couldn't Leviathan just be a new guy. Like just a new character entirely. Why can't that be an option?
    We just had Arkham Knight as a new character who turned out to be a woman. Not that DC can't do it again, but it'd be surprising for someone who seems so familiar with some of these heroes to be totally new.

And dramatically speaking, a full face-mask like that usually indicates there will be some kind of "reveal" and having it be someone we know is certainly one of the things we anticipate could be revealed.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Event Leviathan #1 Preview is out.

And DC changed details on the variant cover. The red arrow part is gone and the mask looks different.

old

new

Interesting. I wonder if the redesign is due to a certain theory floating around...

Who does Leviathan remind me of?
    megalon.jpg
    Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if the redesign is due to a certain theory floating around...
    Since when is the Leviathan=Roy theory floating around? Because Leviathan doesn't have that red arrow in the Leviathan Rising Special either.
    So maybe it really is just a design update on the variant.

Turning Roy into Jason, except for clandestine organizations instead of criminal gangs?

Pass. On the theory. If its somehow canon, just stop.

I'm still supporting the theory that Leviathan is a woman.
    Leviathan obviously struggles to help Clark up in the special, saying "Oof! You're a big boy."
    I don't think characters like Roy, Jason or Dick would have any problems in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm still supporting the theory that Leviathan is a woman.
    Leviathan obviously struggles to help Clark up in the special, saying "Oof! You're a big boy."
    I don't think characters like Roy, Jason or Dick would have any problems in this situation.
    1.) It is a recurring detail from Bendis's Superman run that he's a heavy dude. This was noted when he passed out in the daily planet.

2.) He is referred to as either a young man or boy in the Leviathan Strikes special.

3.) In comics, there's nothing stopping a woman from lifting as much as a man.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)