All-New Member

Default Is [Spoiler] Still alive and might return?

Maybe you just klicked here to know who I mean.

SPOILER FOR YOUNG JUSTICE SEASON 2

At the end of season 2 Wally West dies after some sort of energy hit him. You can have your opinion whether his death was tragic or actually necessary. Nevertheless, I would like to talk about a few points, and if he comes back in season 4

WARNING! I Havent watched season 3, its not avible in my country. All I know is that he does not come back, PLEASE DO NOT Spoile me if he acctually returns in what-ever-ways.

First of all: The reason he dies.

He got hit by some sort of energy strike, causing him to vanish. Strange enough because we all know that the power of Flash is creating energy and thats why we was there in the first place: to create energy that is created by his running to neutralize another energy.
    So how is it possible that he dies by that? We know that Flash can do crazy things with its capabilities, so why not teleport or jump into other deminsions? Wouldn't be the first time we see something like that.

Second: The reason of his death

He didn't have a big part in season two, let alone the last episodes, so why should he die all of a sudden? I think they wanted to have material for the next seasons in which, as already mentioned, they let him jump into another dimension, and that would not be inconceivable, considering how others have "returned".

Third: Deaths are rarely permanent, especially in DC

EVERY superhero has somehow returned somewhere in a strange way, or has not even died. Deaths are therefore very rare and often not permanent. Especially because his body has disappeared, which leaves enough room for ideas.

But what is your opinion?
    Should he come back? Let me know, I would be interested

-Greetings

Nah, I think Wally should be dead and stay dead. The whole "revolving door death" thing in comics is pretty infamous, and I think Wally's occasional flashbacks, dream sequences and hallucinatory returns are about the limit for the YJ world for me.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member

I just don't see why they would bring him back.

The show did next to nothing with the character in the two seasons he was around prior to only bringing him back at the end so it could unceremoniously kill him off for a cheap reaction. They left it open where they could have him come back, but the lack of care for his character and fans in the first two seasons probably says it would be a good thing to let him go.

Astonishing Member

Wally is dead. He was the least important, and most disposable, of the original team. Season 2 saw fit to that. He existed to be a love interest and die so a more important character could develop.

Weisman doesn't really function like typical DC. And even if he was DC, why would DC want more Wally in external media? They prefer Wallace and Barry.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    He existed to be a love interest and die so a more important character could develop.
    The sad thing is he wasn't even good in that role as Artemis' actions were always more or less the same no matter what he did while he was alive. The show superficially presented the idea he was holding her back from what she wanted in the two seasons, but he had no actual impact on her decisions and actions on-screen.

It honestly seemed like they just attached him to Artemis so they could pretend his character had some relevance because she was relevant while her character didn't really need him at all.