Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Dial "H" for Hero Appreciation 2020

I just got caught up on the last two issues of this series and it has confirmed for me that the first issue wasn't a fluke. This mini is the real deal. It's a fun, if perhaps inessential, love letter to comics history and all its many styles.

Issues #2 and #3 featured heroes & villains inspired by manga and the alternative heroes of the 90s respectively. The art is beautiful and features spot on homages to different art styles. The characters are interesting and uplifting, yet not without depth. If the darker turns that parts of the DCU have taken have got you bummed out, the hope, optimism and pure joy of Dial "H" For Hero is exactly what you need.

These are comics that have such love for the DCU. If you truly believe that this is the direction DC should to headed towards, you should be supporting books like this.

I just got into this series today and HOLY ****! It is really good so far. More of this please, DC! More of this!

All-New Member

this series needs 30 issues more!! if it gets canceled before that i will write a strongly worded letter to voice my disaproval

Humphries is knocking things out of the park here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamiz View Post
    this series needs 30 issues more!! if it gets canceled before that i will write a strongly worded letter to voice my disaproval
    Unfortunately it’s a mini so I think it only gets 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Humphries is knocking things out of the park here.

Unfortunately it’s a mini so I think it only gets 12 issues.
    I believe all of the Wonder comics minis are 6 issues, with a chance for a second season.

Astonishing Member

I hope there is a second season.

I am enjoying this.

Fantastic. So is Wonder Twins.

Goddamn, this book is a lot of fun. There is so much love for the scope and breadth of the DCU in every page of this title. Issue #6 is out today. If you are truly tired of the grim n' gritty stuff, please check this series out.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I couldn't agree more. This book is way overlooked but it's flat out excellent, in both writing and story.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This book is way overlooked but it's flat out excellent, in both writing and story.
    The Sin City/Gorilla mashup has to be my favorite one-off character so far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I believe all of the Wonder comics minis are 6 issues, with a chance for a second season.
    You may be aware of this already, Bored, but DIAL H has already been extended to12 issues (which delights me), I believe there's also a change for a second season too (but I'm less sure about that).

DIAL H is the only Wonder ComicsI've stuck with but I do think its brilliant (and good, old fashioned, fun!)

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    You may be aware of this already, Bored, but DIAL H has already been extended to12 issues (which delights me), I believe there's also a change for a second season too (but I'm less sure about that).

DIAL H is the only Wonder ComicsI've stuck with but I do think its brilliant (and good, old fashioned, fun!)
    I've really enjoyed all the Wonder Comics, although I think Dial H has been my favorite in terms of how goofy it is.

Latest issue was freaking great. Loved all the homages to Chris Reeve and Alex Ross. This really is one of the best stories DC is putting out. I’m utterly shocked at how quickly Humphries has become one of my favorite writers.

Sockamagee! This book is the one I look forward to most from DC. It should definitely be picked up long term.

I don’t know if anyone else is still reading this, but the last couple issues have been love letters to Multiversity and Superman especially. Amazing book.