For those unaware...

- https://www.newsarama.com/42797-tom-...-tv-stuff.html

TOM KING Taking Short Break from BATMAN Due to 'Secret TV Stuff'
    - https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/9...tes-of-america

Batman Writer Tom King Developing TV Series States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    May as well copy and paste what I wrote in another topic:

-------

I was just telling some of these fans that Batman's sales are down because the story is of dubious quality. Of course, they wanted to come up with some weak excuses like, "Well, that's just the state of the industry, not because the comics are bad."

Looks like DC realized that the sales aren't what they should be because of *shock* Tom King's near incomprehensible and overall lame story. I saw the latest issue of Batman and it was a freaking joke. Literally incomprehensible to a regular person. Literally incomprehensible, and Tom King, in his extreme hubris, and unprofessional self indulgence, expects readers to bother deciphering his nonsense. If I was his editor, I would have flogged him for turning in something so ridiculous. Thinking he's "clever" and trying to do some Vanilla Sky stuff... I would be trying to sell comics, not indulge Tom King.

Simple concept: You tell bad stories and come up with bad ideas, and people stop buying the comics. DC should have booted King off Batman long ago.
    And to think, King got nominated for an Eisner (did he win? Who cares) for his shitty bat/Cat nonsense. The gall to think you need 100 issues to tell a story, 400 fucking dollars. His last arc will be 11 issues of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Or, they could just somehow have to be married in secret or something, but go about their own business still. That way other writers don't have to acknowledge it unless they feel like it.
    After Batman #50's debacle, I don't want King to EVER have anything to do with a Batman/Catwoman wedding EVER AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    After Batman #50's debacle, I don't want King to EVER have anything to do with a Batman/Catwoman wedding EVER AGAIN!!!

Did you even buy that issue?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Did you even buy that issue?
    That one I did not buy.

I bought the issue with Selina "picking out" her wedding dress. And I read the story where Joker was pissed-off about not getting a wedding invitation.

But I heard enough of the bait-and-switch crap that DC did leading up to the non-event (not necessarily all King's fault, but he isn't exactly blameless, either), and the fact that King thought it was a good idea to draw out this whole mess the way he did story-wise doesn't do anything to make me have any desire to see where else he goes with this whole kerfuffle.

Thought it was due to the New Gods movie. Although if he was giving up a monthly title to have more time for a movie script then why the heck is he taking more comic writing jobs? Bat/Cat is also a monthly so takes up the same workload as he saved from Batman. Plus his Adam Strange series.

You don't take a break from batman only to increase your workload with lesser titles. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    And to think, King got nominated for an Eisner (did he win? Who cares) for his shitty bat/Cat nonsense. The gall to think you need 100 issues to tell a story, 400 fucking dollars. His last arc will be 11 issues of crap.
    He won. Though I think it was for Mr miracle since he won with Mitch.

We're way past due for a new writer to take over Batman writing duties. The War of Jokes and Riddles and the whole marriage arc were disappointing and, in some respects, downright stupid. I'm thinking of giving City of Bane a try simply for the artwork, but I'm not expecting the story to wow me. As it stands, even a sub-par story can work as long as the art and action scenes are well done.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 08-30-2019 at 09:14 AM.