Default August 2019 solicitations, all releases Image has scheduled

Yesterday Image released its new solicitations, a list with all the releases they have scheduled for August this year.
    Here's some of the highlights:

New series & graphic novels
    -Coffin Bound: "Cars! Guns! Entropy! Chased by an unstoppable killer, Izzy Tyburn has decided that if the world won’t have her in it, it can have nothing of her at all. She’s re-treading her life, leaving nothing but burned rubber, ash, and the sun-scorched bones of those who get in her way." Cool artstyle.
    -Ophiuchus: This is an existing webcomic coming to print via Image. "OPHIUCHUS is the story of the lone sentry of an ancient, inactive gate. One day, a strange being breaks through and infects her with a virus. And shortly after, she is approached by two machines, who implore her to follow them to the center of the universe to put an end to that virus—a malevolent being which rots all worlds."
    -Pretty Violent: the new series from Jason Young. "Gamma Rae wants to be a superhero, and why shouldn’t she!? She’s been strong since she was a baby. The only problem is, all her siblings are notorious hero-murdering criminals!" Seems right up the I Hate Fairyland alley.
    -The White Trees is a new two-issue project from Chip Zdarksy. "In the fantastical world of Blacksand, peace was hard-won, and three unbending warriors carry the scars to prove it. Now, almost twenty years later, their children are missing and war is on the horizon. Can they put aside their memories of the war—and each other—for one last adventure?" Both issues will be oversized.
    -Simon Says: Nazi Hunter is summarised as follows: "An artist, forced to paint swastikas on train cars for the Nazis during the Holocaust, has become an unlikely vigilante in pre-Cold War Europe. Alongside his army companion, Bruno, he hunts down the criminals responsible for murdering his wife, his family, and his people. SIMON SAYS is one part action-adventure, one part crime-noir and all high-stakes drama!" Billed as volume 1 in a series of graphic novels. Personally I'm not loving this premise, it could be good, but I hope it doesn't turn out in poor taste.

Existing series
    -Rumble might be ending?
    -Sharkey, the Bounty Hunter is definitely ending.
    -Spawn reaches the issue #300 milestone.
    -Unnatural ends as scheduled, too.

coffin-bound-1_dccde90ded.jpg ophiuchus-ogn-tp_54c1b066d6.jpg pretty-violent-1_54ccdae942.jpg
    Covers for Coffin Bound #1, Ophiuchus collection, Pretty Violent #1.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Pretty Violent looks good! I Hate Fairyland was amazing.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Just...
    Criminal...
    and once upon a time,
    a half-dozen Images was a small pre-order for me...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Definitely looking forward to the Chip Zdarsky comic! He is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!