Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Superman’s lost about 63% of its units sold over the first 9 issues, going from 133K to about 49K Superman. It’s been pretty stable the last three months. Rebirth lost a little over 50% going from 105K to about 50K, and lost like 68% over the run, finishing in the low 40’s.

Bendis’s Action has only lost about 46% over its run. Jurgens Action is tough to compare because of the lenticulars and the buzz leading into Action 1000 definitely gave it a boost. At the end of Jurgens first year he was selling about the same more or less as Bendis is now.

Rebirth, which I liked, was not that different than Bendis’ numbers at all. And Bendis’ Superman is in a softer market than Rebirth was. So you cannot say that it’s some massive failure compared to Rebirth because it just isn’t. Morrison’s green Lantern has lost more faster than Superman under Bendis and the drops in Bendis’ sales are pretty consistent with the market. Really popular and well performing books like Venom do better, but Amazing Spider-Man and Batman are selling comparably.

Bendis has had a solid, but not spectacular run on Superman. It is actually charting better than Rebirth somewhat, so in relation to the market Superman is probably outperforming his average sales. Which are again in that 40-50K range.

I’ve never said Rebirth wasn’t popular or sold well. I liked it a lot. I just don’t buy into this idea that Bendis is some failure because he’s isn’t hitting these imagined sales goals BC or some youtuber make up.
Don't think anyone is accusing you of not liking Rebirth, dude, or saying that it didn't sell well. I just don't agree with some of the points you've made.