Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Wasn't Yancy Street Gentrified during the Fraction run?
    Do you think Slott cares about continuity, poor child?

ASM 27 & 28
    Immortal Hulk 22
    Spiderman: Life Story 6
    Venom 17

Thoughts:

- I wonder how cohesive and enjoyable all the various different stories in #1000 will be with Ewing at the pen, especially since it seems to be building up to something major in the MU.

- "The Terrible Trio" doesn't DC already have this? I'm guessing each FF member will get their own focus one-shot?

- PAD writing the Silver Surfer should be interesting.

- It's nice to see Gwenpool back for "one last hurrah" to keep herself relevant.

- I'm surprised to see them bringing back Kid Kaiju and the Marvel monsters for yet another series.

- Not surprised to see them spinning off the new Agents of Atlas into their own series, but at least they've keeping their expectations in check by making it a limited series. Also glad to see the old team is getting acknowledged.

- Future Foundation seems like a good fit for Jeremy Whitley, although MCU Yondu (if that is him) seems kind of random).

- Not surprised the Freelancers are back, but "The fate of Sam Alexander?" I feel like that gets said about Sam a lot...

- Conan and the Marvel Universe make for an interesting pairing.

- It's nice to see Power Pack back, even in a classic 80's Marvel flashback story. Also nice to see them bring back Gurihuri for the backup.

- "And featuring the return of one of the Avengers greatest threats!" Ultron? He seems a good fit for an AI-centric Iron Man story, plus Jan, Vision, and Jocasta are there.

- "Thor has disappeared!" He's probably off drinking mead or complaining about hammers.

- Suddenly basing your new base out of the dead body of a Celestial seems like it wasn't the smartest idea on the Avengers' part.

- Sounds like Ewing is doing his own (and much more interesting) take on the "Hulk Family."

- I'm not sure if I care all that much about Fury Jr. hunting Captain America.

- That She-Hulk annual using the She-Hulk name and visual on the cover makes me hopeful we'll get classic She-Hulk and not Aaron's "Hulk."

- Is that girl on the Swordsmaster cover supposed to be his busty childhood friend?

- Aero's boyfriend is totally going to turn out to be a Supervillain, right?

- So which Night Nurse is getting a story in Fearless? Claire?

- Kree Captain Marvel! Symbolism, or synergy incoming?

- I wonder what the Universal Church of Truth is going to be without Warlock/Magus? Assuming they're not involves this time.

- It took 15 issues for Black Panther to finally get back from space? Wow. And sales aren't so hot either...

- If Ben can actually overcome Immortal Hulk, it would be probably the most satisfying win he's ever had against Hulk.

- A Sue and Black Widow team-up sounds fun, with the added wrinkle that both are now spies now so there might be less or more of a contrast. Those covers are awesome though.

- So is Matt wearing the Netflix costume now, or is that the new Daredevil?

- Tony's the "king" of industry, but isn't Black Panther more what Loki seems to be looking for? Or Namor, or Doom, or a whole bunch of other people...

- "God of the Kill" well, I guess it's not inaccurate when referring to Bullseye.

- Kamala's costume still looks a little too busy. I think it's supposed to be Iron Spider-ish with how she "armors" up on that cover with Iron Man.

- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl ending? Never thought I'd see the day.

- Karolina becoming an out-and-out Superhero? That should be interesting.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Definitely:
    Invaders 8 - I've really enjoyed this story so far.
    Power Pack: Grow Up! - I wish this was more than a one-shot, but Simonson and Brigman!
    Marvel Comics Presents 8 - Still going strong, which is surprising.
    Black Panther 15 - Good to see a return to the present. Maybe they'll try to reconcile continuity at some point too!
    Daredevil 9 & 10 - Presumably the new Daredevil isn't Mile Murdock.

Probably:
    Marvel Comics 1000 - I like the creative team
    Avengers 23 - I haven't yet decided to drop the book and I've been enjoying Aaron's Robbie Reyes.
    Captain Marvel 9 - I suspect the badguy seen at the end of last issue fits into this.

Maybe:
    Fantastic Four: 4 Yancy Street - I'm spending $10 on Marvel Comics 1000 so I probably won't get this, but the premise seems fun and I like Duggan.
    History of the Marvel Universe 2 - I can't remember what I said last month.
    Death's Head 2 - I like to support British comics.

Random Thoughts:
    Are they doing a director's cut of an ongoing series? I haven't picked up Immortal Hulk and I'll probably get the trade of the director's cut at this point, but I'm glad Marvel realizes that they have a critically acclaimed series.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Definitely:
    Champions (unless a certain character is killed in next issue)
    Ironheart (ugh... MCU Shuri)
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man
    Runaways (constantly great)

Maybe:
    Aero (great cover!)
    Agents of Atlas
    Gwenpool
    History of the Marvel Universe
    Superior Spider-Man
    Sword Master (great cover too)

Probably not, but I'll check it just in case:
    Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales
    Death's Head
    Future Foundation
    Marvel Monsters
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I'm surprised to see them bringing back Kid Kaiju and the Marvel monsters for yet another series.

- Not surprised to see them spinning off the new Agents of Atlas into their own series, but at least they've keeping their expectations in check by making it a limited series. Also glad to see the old team is getting acknowledged.

- "And featuring the return of one of the Avengers greatest threats!" Ultron? He seems a good fit for an AI-centric Iron Man story, plus Jan, Vision, and Jocasta are there.

- Kamala's costume still looks a little too busy. I think it's supposed to be Iron Spider-ish with how she "armors" up on that cover with Iron Man.

- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl ending? Never thought I'd see the day.

- Karolina becoming an out-and-out Superhero? That should be interesting.
    Not a new series - Marvel Monsters is just a one-shot.

Yeah, note that Amadeus is apparently on double duty, as he's still with the Champions. The Champs would likely lose him if Atlas became an ongoing.

Yeah. Jim Zub co-writes Iron Man and I won't be surprised if Champions #9 also features Ultron. You may have noticed that the Champs have suddenly shown up in the last couple of issues of Iron Man, after Riri had gone unmentioned previously. That's definitely Zub's doing.

What will Tony and Riri make of that "magnificent" new look? Jealousy? Snark that they could've built something like that themselves if she asked?

I'm sure Doreen will just immediately get a new series. It wasn't cancelled for sales, Ryan North is leaving on his own terms.

Odd that the Runaways solicit doesn't mention "Lucy in the Sky". I wonder if Karolina will pick a new codename?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I scrolled all the way to the end, and so glad I did...!

WEST COAST AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION #2!!!!! (the real ones, not the weirdo ones )

Looks like I'll be buying something from Marvel this summer after all!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

House of X #2-3
    Powers of X #2-3
    Agents of Atlas #1
    Invaders #8
    Savage Avengers #4
    Thor #16
    Avengers #23
    Captain America #13
    Daredevil #9-10
    Conan the Barbarian: Exodus #1
    Savage Sword of Conan #8

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Definitely:
    • Champions #8
    • Daredevil #9-10
    • House of X #2-3
    • Ironheart #9
    • Powers of X #2-3
    • Tony Stark: Iron Man #15
    • Captain Marvel Volume 1: Re-Entry

Maybe:
    • Fearless #2 (of 3)
    • Ghost-Spider #1
    • Future Foundation #1
    • Star Wars #70
    • Immortal Hulk Volume 4: Abomination
    • Age of X-Man: Apocalypse & the X-Tracts
    • Age of X-Man: X-Tremists
    • Age of X-Man: Prisoner X
    • Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler
    • X-Force Volume 2: The Counterfeit King
    • Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman: The Complete Collection Volume 2

Trade-Waiting: Agents of Atlas, Invaders, Immortal Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Life Story, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Invisible Woman

Fearless #2 (OMG that Storm cover <3)
    Black Panther #15
    House of X #2 & 3
    Power of X # 2 & 3
    Marvel Tales X-Men #1
    Marvel 1000

Avengers west coast epic collection: Lost in space-time tpb
    thor epic collection: The black galaxy tpb
    marvel visionaries: John buscema tpb
    marvel tales: X-men #1

BANNED

Thoughts on the August Solicitations:

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: LETHAL PROTECTORS #1 Man-Wolf & Misty Knight are MIA. And we’ve got a Maximum Carnage throwback with Iron Fist, Cloak, Dagger and Morbius. I’m guessing Deathlok & Firestar missed the fun because they’re busy with X-Force and the Age of X-Man. Very curious as to who the resurrected Spider-man foe is, given all his most notable antagonists are alive and well.

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SCREAM I’m glad to see Scream back. Though a little confused. Didn’t Eddie hunt down Donna and kill both her and her symbiote back in 2012? How is she back? As for Patricia Robertson, I’m assuming she’s just another target on Carnage’s hitlist.

HOUSE OF X #2 & 3Beyond excited for Hickman on X-Men. I loved his Avengers run and I’m eager to see what he has in store for the mutants. It looks to be a strong cast of characters, and I’m glad to see Monet & Warren among the A-Listers. Magneto, Sabretooth, Toad, Mystique & Emma Frost playing a role is exciting too. I must admit, with the film Brotherhood reunion I’m surprised that neither Juggernaut or Pyro are getting involved. I love the Magik design on the variant cover but I miss her bangs.

MARVEL COMICS #1000 So many exciting creators and I can’t wait to see which characters make the pages. I assume we’ll learn more specifics about what the many creative teams are tackling.

GHOST-SPIDER #1 Another new #1. The amount of series relaunches Gwen’s had for being a relatively new addition to the MU is ridiculously excessive. The transition into having her time split between her home reality and the 616 is a clever one. I look forward to seeing her interact with Miles & Peter on a more regular basis, and it’d be great to see her hanging out with Anya and maybe even the Champions.

AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 Coming off the back of the War of the Realms tie-in I’m not surprised to see a mini-series. Still not that invested in Aero or Sword Master. I would have liked to have seen Kid Kaiju, Weather Witch, Saber, Vector, Lady of Ten Suns or Grid in their stead.

CHAMPIONS #8 The Freelancers are back. As the only original characters the Champions have gone up against it makes sense for them to make a reappearance. Hopefully Zub will flesh them out a bit more. Sam is back in action as Nova to the surprise of nobody. No new design though which is a missed opportunity.

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #15 Intrigued by the thought of a biological Jocasta. I suspect the return of one of the Avengers greatest threats is alluding to Ultron. With Vision guest-starring and Tony, Janet and Jocasta all present it seems logical for him to be featured.

THOR #16 So, Thor is MIA after the War of the Realms. I wonder what causes that development. Is he grieving someone? Or does he have a new calling? The absence of a cover means that it might be a giveaway as to what’s going on with Thor. Maybe he’ll get Mjolnir back. It’s not all bad but I am glad that Aaron’s run is ending, and that we’ve an incoming fresh take on the character.

AVENGERS #23 Avengers Mountain is possessed. It’s a team of heavy hitters for sure but a Celestial might be pushing them to their limits. The Ghost Rider V Ghost Rider narrative should be fun. Robbie’s interactions with other riders has been strangely minimal since his debut.

IMMORTAL HULK #22 Ewing has been doing great stuff with Hulk and this looks to be no exception. Bringing Rick Jones and Betty Ross back into the fold is a great move and I hope it’s the beginning of establishing a new supporting cast and dynamic that’ll bring another element into an already great title.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #13 So Nick Fury Jr (that being the one nobody cares about) is after Steve. Cool cool. And White Tiger gets a supporting story. If the Daughters of Liberty are getting tales within the Cap book then I hope Spider-Woman’s is up next!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27 The new Sinister Syndicate is great, and I’ve brought up the idea of a female Sinister Six many times. I’d happily ditch White Rabbit though (so gimmicky) and have Quicksand, Ana Kravinoff and/or Mysteria in her place.

FEARLESS #2 That cover is STUNNING. The Carol Danvers/Sue Storm/Ororo Munroe trio is badass and it’s nice to see representatives from the Avengers, Fantastic Four and X-Men corners or the MU. I wonder which Night Nurse gets the backup story.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #9 The debut of a new hero collides with Carols power levels declining. Seems fishy. Looks like they’re upping the Kree aspect-hello MCU synergy.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #8 So, this is our roster huh? The departure of Cosmic Ghost Rider seems to have stuck, and Nova is absent from the cover. Rocket’s dying? That doesn’t bode well. And what the flark did he do to piss off the team?

BLACK PANTHER #15 After fifteen issues it seems T’Challa has finally returned home to Wakanda. Good grief that Intergalactic Empire stuff was a bore.

INVISIBLE WOMAN #2 Sue & Nat team-up; let’s see the Invisible Widow kick some ass. This also means that talented artist Mattia De Iulis is going to be drawing Black Widow too which is a huge plus. I loved his work in the Kelly Thompson JJ run with those characters.

DAREDEVIL #9 There’s a DD in action that isn’t Matt Murdock. And seemingly isn’t Cole North. It’s a male silhouette that’d rule out Elektra and Echo. Surely Bullseye is done impersonating the devil of Hell’s Kitchen. Blindspot, Karnak or Stick perhaps?

LOKI #2 Loki wants the advice of a king. And he goes to Tony? He does know that T’Challa, Doctor Doom, Namor and Black Bolt are actual kings, right?

VALKYRIE: JANE FOSTER #2 If we’ve got Jane Foster in an Asgardian mantle, then I’d much prefer for her to be taking on Asgardian adjacent antagonists. Instead we’ve got her going up against Bullseye in the second issue. Who has a sword for some reason; to kill a god perhaps? Anyways you’d think they’d give the marksman a weapon suited to his talents. A sword would be better off in the hands of Taskmaster.

RUNAWAYS #24 Karolina has jumped back into superheroics. I dig it. And the not-so-subtle pride costume. If Nico is joining her in the field then I'll consider it a criminal offence for her to not be making use of the Sister Grimm codename. Her use of magic will surely start eating away at her soul however and that equals trouble for all involved.

Astonishing Member

HOUSE OF X #2 & 3
    POWERS OF X #2 & 3
    MARVEL COMICS #1000
    IMMORTAL HULK #22
    SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #5
    HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #2 (of 6)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #13
    DOCTOR STRANGE #18,19.

Spectacular Member

Avengers
    Fantastic Four
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    POX
    HOX
    Doctor Strange
    Captain America
    Absolute Carnage
    Thor