Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Wasn't Yancy Street Gentrified during the Fraction run?
    All Fraction did was make the Yancy Street Gang hackers and add an internet cafe. It's been normal in Moon Girl for years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

sadly in four months, THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL will end with issue #50. I KNOW.
    DAMN! I'm going to go cry now.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Definitely:
    Venom #17
    Immortal Hulk #22
    Thanos #5
    Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #6
    Captain Marvel #9
    Guardians of the Galaxy #8

Maybe:
    Absolute Carnage #1 & #2
    Symbiote Spiderman #5
    Silver Surfer Black #3

Want, but probably can't:
    Marvel #1000
    Marvel Monsters #1
    Future Foundation #1
    Power Pack #1
    Black Cat #3
    Valkyrie: Jane Foster #2
    Baby Thanos

Definitely
    Agents of Atlas 1
    Marvel Monsters 1
    Future Foundation 1
    Champions 8
    Power Pack: Grow Up
    Miles Morales Spider-man 9
    Sword Master 2
    Aero 2
    Fearless 2
    Captain marvel 9
    Marvel Comics Presents 8 (only because of Spider-Woman and White Fox)
    Invisible Woman 2
    Ironheart 8
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel 6
    Runaways 24
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 46

Maybe
    Absolute Carnage: Scream 1
    House of X
    Power of X
    Marvel Comics 1000
    Ghost-Spider 1
    History of the Marvel Universe 2
    Fantastic Four 13
    Valkyrie: Jane Foster 2
    Death's Head 2

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Probably getting a lot because I'm following Cates' Venom run. So...

Definitely:
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #1 (OF 4) - I appreciate the short length.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #2 (OF 4) - And release schedule Wow, this is not long! Better than outstaying its welcome!
    VENOM #17 - Yay, CAtes is still writing through Absolute Carnage!
    HOUSE OF X #2 & 3 (OF 6)
    POWERS OF X #2 & 3 (OF 6) - Okay... with a seemingly older Magik... but also Magikossus... what.
    MARVEL COMICS #1000 - Don't care anywhere near as much given this feels less genuine than Action and Detective, plus I doubt they'll focus on Namor and the original Human Torch. But whatever. Fine. Some good creators on that list though.
    SILVER SURFER: BLACK #3 (OF 5)
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #8

WAR OF THE REALMS: VENOM TPB - I doubt this is going to be part of a Cates OHC. I mean, the next Cates OHC will probs include Absolute Carnage outright and the Venom issues. Also, this is a clever way to sidestep how the trades for Cates' run have been titled "Venom by Donny Cates"

Maybe:
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE VS. DEADPOOL #1 (OF 3) - Not a fan of Tieri or the premise.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: LETHAL PROTECTORS #1 (OF 3) - Not a fan of Tieri, but I like the lineup... wish they'd replace Morbius with Luke Cage though. Also, not that I think it was a particularly good costume, but man does Dagger look generic and indistinct without the cross cleavage-naval-window-thing.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES #1 (OF 3) - Ahmed is a good writer -- plus, he's the current Miles writer -- and Miles has more of a role in this crossover anyway. Still, tie-in and I doubt Miles will do anything important outside of the core event series.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SCREAM #1 (OF 3) - I like Scream... the original, anyway. It being Patricia now... ehhhhhhh. Also, not a fan of Bunn.
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: SEPARATION ANXIETY #1 - Don't THINK I've heard of this writer? I enjoyed the original Separation Anxiety miniseries for what it was, and it's definitely one of the stronger Venom minis from the 90s, but... eh. Scream (well, Donna) was the only one who really had any personality.
    SILVER SURFER: THE PRODIGAL SUN #1 - I WOULD normally care about this... but I already have Silver Surfer: Black and I'm not in the mood for a metaseries, even if it's only three issues.
    AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 (OF 5)
    FUTURE FOUNDATION #1 - I like the Future Foundation, but I'm not keen on the focus on the Power Pack -- I like the Power Pack, but just give them their own series or something. If that guy at the front is meant to be Bentley-23, that's nice, but I think he's best when playing off Valeria, and I'd have loved to see their relationship play out now that they're both teenagers (something that was dropped after Hickman left which made me sad). Also, haven't read anything by Whitley.
    POWER PACK: GROW UP! #1 - Is random one-shot, so... eh.
    MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: VELOCITY #1 (OF 5) - You had me at games and lost me at Hopeless. Also "Gamerverse"? That... is peak cringe. Might as well say "hello, fellow gamers".
    BLACK CAT #3 - Still not sold on this series, but at least it isn't yet another cover of Felicia doing generic cat burglar things.
    SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN: SELF-IMPROVEMENT #1 - I like the idea of this, especially as someone who only learned the behind-the-scenes origin of Venom relatively recently (like, last year iirc).
    HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #2 (OF 6)
    DAREDEVIL #9 - I was gonna say Cole would be the only proper candidate since he's the only other character given focus besides Matt, but Zdarsky has said he's not introducing a new Daredevil so... I don't know. DD has been just inconsistent enoughf or me to question not trade-waiting it.
    DAREDEVIL #10

IRON MAN: THE MASK IN THE IRON MAN OMNIBUS HC - This sounds kind of interesting and I want to read more Iron Man.
    X-MEN: SHATTERSHOT HC
    THANOS: THE INFINITY ENDING OGN-HC
    WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS TPB
    WAR OF THE REALMS: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY TPB
    WAR OF THE REALMS: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL TPB
    FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 3: THE HERALD OF DOOM TPB - This arc wasn't that good and I like having Fantastic Four in omnibus form.
    SHURI VOL. 2 TPB
    DOMINO: HOTSHOTS TPB
    UNCANNY X-MEN: WOLVERINE AND CYCLOPS VOL. 2 TPB - It's not a particularly good run, but... I don't know, I kinda of just want it for completion's sake even though I'm missing the majority of Uncanny X-Men trades.
    X-FORCE VOL. 2: THE COUNTERFEIT KING TPB - I liked this series when it launched, but the art was too much for me, and I liked it more than most. Then HiX-Men was announced and I figured it a doomed. Still, I kind of want to finish it since it was definitely one of the better X-titles of the last few years.
    VENOM UNLEASHED VOL. 1 TPB - The fact that these aren't part of Cates' Venom trades or OHCs annoys me... WAIT. They leave out Cult of Carnage! And man will this bne confusing to read for anyone not reading Venom. And some of the impact is lost when it's not read in the intended order too.
    X-MEN MILESTONES: X-TINCTION AGENDA TPB
    X-MEN MILESTONES: INFERNO TPB - These seem like the new, easy way to get these big X-Men stories and they'll probably come out at a decent rate too.
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY JONATHAN HICKMAN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB - STOP TEMPTING ME, MARVEL! JUST REPRINT THE OMNIBI DAMN YOU!

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE BY RYAN STEGMAN POSTER - Uh... what does it look like? Is it the promo image? What?
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 05-25-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Fantastic Four: 4 Yancy Street... that is not a good name.

Why... why the crap are they relaunching Spider-Gwen again? Didn't her last series start less than a year ago and had Ghost-Spider in the name anyway?! Ugh. It's even the same writer!

I appreciate that Gwenpool Strikes Back cover.

It's weird that Marvel keeps reminding me that Monsters Unleashed existed.

The disconnect between Avengers and Thor just gets more and more real.

That Immortal Hulk cover is great.

That Captain America cover is not. Just... that is a terrible way to find someone. Show unmasked Steve, random news station!

I'llk be surprised if Spencer doesn't use that Amazing Spider-Man issue to **** on Comicsgaters or people who dislike female legacy characters in general. Though I'd have avoided using Lady Octopus for that, but I guess without evil Black Cat, Peter's low on female villains (I've only ever seen White Rabbit in the background too).

Once again, I dig Spider-Man: Life Story's cover. I want posters of these, Marvel!

Bullseye vs. She-Hulk is just... no. If he isn't completely wrecked, I call foul.

Wait... White Fox is Korean? Huh. Cool.

Killmonger being behind Space Wakanda makes a lot of sense, even though I'm pretty sure he was meant to be dead. But I'm sure Coates explains it, so yay. Can't wait for the OHC.

The Thing looks fucking unsettling on that Fantastic Four cover.

Sue's boots... why the **** are the heels so big?! Even for superheroine standards!

I appreciate Bullseye's sword on that Valkyrie cover. Also, was the title originally meant to include her name?

Is the cover of Marvel Team-Up #5 what Kam's outfit looks like now?! Because... not a fan. It looks borderline like Jim Lee designed it.

Riri doesn't know the Wakanda Forever salute... smh.

Seeing that Doctor Strange cover made me realise how much the internet has tainted me.

Am still not keen on Karolina and Nico as a couple.

I feel bad for Dead Man Logan. It's just... there.

I dig that Marvel Tales: X-Men cover even if I will never buy it.

I love that Doctor Aphra cover. It's like a better version of the Ironheart cover. I really need to catch up on my trades with Aphra's series. Still surprised it's gone on this long.

It's nice of Marvel to make that Ditko hardcover, I guess. Though the name is a bit weird since I thought it was only going to be used for the Jack Kirby hardcover.

Man is that God Butcher hardcoverr a rip off.

Ugh, I want to read Age of X-Man, but they better put out an omnibus or OHC or something.

HAHAHAHAHA. That Uncanny Origins trade... that sure is... a cover. Wtf.

I know that #1000 collage purely because Nicola Scott found out one of the images (two guys kissing) is actually from her DC work. It's even work I've read, Earth-2! I still don't know how you screw that up if you're sourcing your images correctly and not from, like, Tumblr or fan sites or something. And even then. Innocent mistake, though and probably easily fixed.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I don't think Valkyrie's book was supposed to have Jane Foster in the name - at least it wasn't solicited that way for July, IIRC. It is part of the logo though. Riri's book is just called Ironheart but says Riri Williams above the logo.

And yeah, July's solicits revealed that Kamala's getting a new costume, so that's what she looks like now. Champions hasn't adopted it yet, but it can be seen on her solo and Team-Up's covers for July and August.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman