Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She’s got Yana, Dani, Kitty, and maybe Rachel all incorporated in her design. She is literally flowing with sapphic energy.
    Also I'm assuming a member of the wolverine clan/pack/family. Because their always involved some how

Fantastic Member

I'm just trying to imagine what its gonna be like for us with only one book to talk about every week until FUCKING OCTOBER.

BANNED

This whole year has been mediocre at best. Hopefully HoX/PoX can be a Breath of fresh air. AoXm has been a chore.

Completely disagree. I’d take this AOXM/X-Force/Slaughtercanny X-Men trifecta over the Terrigen Mists and RessureXion eras ANY day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Also I'm assuming a member of the wolverine clan/pack/family. Because their always involved some how
    So a Summers/Grey/Howlett all wrapped in one. She’s the key to defeating the Shipping Wars.

BANNED

HOUSE OF X #2 & 3 (of 6)
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A/C)
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - Virgin Variant Covers by Pepe Larraz
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - FLOWER VARIANT COVERS BY SARA PICHELLI
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - DECADES VARIANT COVERS BY TBA
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - CONNECTING VARIANT COVERS BY YASMINE PUTRI & MAHMUD ASRAR
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - YOUNG VARIANT COVERS BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVERS BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    Learn the truth about one of the X-Men’s closest allies…and then begin the fight for the future of mutantkind! Superstar writer Jonathan Hickman (AVENGERS, SECRET WARS, FANTASTIC FOUR) continues reshaping the X-Men’s world with Marvel Young Gun artist Pepe Larraz (EXTERMINATION, AVENGERS)!
    40 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$4.99 (EACH)

POWERS OF X #2 & 3 (of 6)
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • R.B. SILVA (A/C)
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - Virgin Variant Covers by R.B. Silva
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - NEW CHARACTER VARIANT COVERS BY DUSTIN WEAVER
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - DECADES VARIANT COVERS BY TBA
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - Young Variant Covers by Skottie Young
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - Action Figure Variant Covers by John Tyler Christopher
    ISSUE #2 & #3 - CONNECTING VARIANT COVERS BY YASMINE PUTRI & MAHMUD ASRAR
    As Xavier sows the seeds of the past, the X-Men’s future blossoms into trouble for all mutantdom. Superstar writer Jonathan Hickman (NEW AVENGERS, INFINITY, FF) continues reshaping the X-Men’s past, present and future with breakout artist R.B. Silva (UNCANNY X-MEN)!
    40 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$4.99 (EACH)

MAJOR X #0
    Rob Liefeld with Eric Stephenson (W) • Rob Liefeld (A/C)
    Sketch Variant Cover by Rob Liefeld
    Variant Cover by TBA
    Representing the classic Wolverine (1988) #154-155 with an all-new Major X frame short story written & drawn by Rob Liefeld!
    Deadpool accepts a hit from a mysterious group of overzealous techies called the Watchtower. His intended target? Wolverine! There’s a bounty on Logan’s head, and Deadpool plans to collect! But will the Watchtower prove too morally questionable for even the Merc? The beginnings of the hit Major X series can be found in these classic stories!
    72 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

Deadpool Annual #1
    Dana Schwartz (W) • Reilly Brown (A) • Cover by Aaron Kuder
    Connecting Variant Cover by John Tyler Christopher
    ACTS OF EVIL!
    Eight-year-old Peter Quincy is willing to pay seven dollars to the person who can kill his bad dreams, and the Merc with a Mouth is on the case! But if Deadpool wants to earn that sweet, sweet paper, he’s going to have to throw down with Nightmare himself!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

DEAD MAN LOGAN #10 (of 12)
    ED BRISSON (W) • MIKE HENDERSON (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    TEN DEGREES OF EVISCERATION!
    Logan’s oldest foe is back from the shallow graves Logan put him in! And he aims to repay Logan in kind…
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    So for a big Wolverine fan you gotta pick up
    Dead Man Logan 10
    Marvel Presents 8
    Major X 0
    House of X 2
    House of X 3
    Power Pack: Grow Up
    Savage Avengers 4

For **** sake
    Heh, it used to be much worse. No sane person can keep up with all of Logan's appearances, much less the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    So for a big Wolverine fan you gotta pick up
    Dead Man Logan 10
    Marvel Presents 8
    Major X 0
    House of X 2
    House of X 3
    Power Pack: Grow Up
    Savage Avengers 4

For **** sake
    This is exactly why i started to dislike Logan. Marvel puts him in everything. I know i don't have to buy it all, but when I buy 4 books a week and he's in all of them, fatigue does occur

BANNED

as a huge Wolverine fan who does not like Brisson or Soule at all, this isn't enough books with him for me

HOUSE OF X #2 & 3
    POWERS OF X #2 & 3

Steel Magik seems to have a combo of powers from Kitty, Magik, and Colossus plus Dani Moonstar hair and elf ears. Where are people getting Rachel in all that?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    MAJOR X #0
    The beginnings of the hit Major X series can be found in these classic stories
    The hit series? I never see anyone ever discuss this series at all. Please don’t let him do anymore x-stuff after Hickman.

So I'm just going to get one thing out of the way here.

MARVEL TALES: X-MEN #1
    Written by ROY THOMAS, JO DUFFY & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by NEAL ADAMS, KERRY GAMMILL & JIM LEE
    Cover by JEN BARTEL • Virgin Variant Cover by Jen Bartel
    The X-Men join the celebration of the House of Ideas’ 80th anniversary with the latest issue of the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories and highlights some of Marvel’s most impressive talent from the past eight decades. First, Alex Summers suits up as the man called Havok in X-MEN (1963) #58 — a classic tale of the original X-Men by the legendary team of Roy Thomas and Neal Adams! Then, New Mutants’ Sunspot and Warlock join a ragtag group of teen heroes — plus the mutant lobsters known as Bill and Don — in FALLEN ANGELS #2 by classic creators Jo Duffy and Kerry Gammill! And finally, Storm powerfully reasserts herself as the captured X-Men face execution in Genosha in UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #272 by the superstar team of Chris Claremont and Jim Lee!
    80 PGS./Rated T …$7.99
    Let's open this up.

The cover? Good. It's nice to see Lorna acknowledged in the cover alongside four of the O5, something I've been wanting for a while. The art itself is great too.

But then we get to the summary.

First, Alex Summers suits up as the man called Havok in X-MEN (1963) #58 — a classic tale of the original X-Men by the legendary team of Roy Thomas and Neal Adams!
    Out of the three tales retold in this pack, the ONLY story that includes Lorna is... the one that's all about introducing Havok. The character Marvel's been putting on a pedestal since at least X-Men Blue #8, where her return was hijacked to promote him. And who has been so toxic with the way Lorna has been treated around him for decades that it literally took 43 years to get her origin story told, and people at Marvel still act like she's not viable for anything but a supporting role in a man's story even when she's at peak popularity.

Marvel could've chosen to retell Lorna's story. Or if they HAD to have Havok, they could've retold both Lorna's and Havok's stories. But nope. They decided the one story to include Lorna should be the one where they introduce Havok.

This combines with not only the Blue hijacking, but also Marvel (or let's be honest: Jordan D. White) trying to have Lorna's history with Havok forced into small spots here and there. The image in Prisoner X. X-Men: The Exterminated. Not to mention when Marvel put out collections of Austen's writing that focused on Havok but conveniently left out Lorna's best issues, which were also the ones where Havok looked bad (e.g. leaving her at the altar for Nurse Annie). And of course, the X-Factor facsimile and trying to place X-Factor with Havok leading it (and Lorna's role in relation to him) as meaningful.

All this, while Marvel ignores things that actually matter with Lorna. Genosha hasn't been touched on in a decade and a half. No REAL time spent whatsoever with Jean or Iceman in decades, or with Wanda and Pietro since the forced retcon in 2014. They have a LOT about Lorna that hasn't been covered in decades, but what gets the focus? That they haven't been able to force Lorna into being nothing but Havok's arm candy since 2013, after decades of being treated like that's all she is.

And that's what Marvel (again, read: JDW) is telegraphing. That they want people to think Lorna has no real worth beyond being Havok's girlfriend.

So back to Marvel Tales. The cover has Lorna, but no Havok. The inside material is about Havok. Translation: this is a bait and switch. They're hoping Lorna fans will pick it up because it has Lorna on the cover, only to go on and read a narrative in which Marvel (JDW) hopes they come to think Havok is far superior and more important to devote Lorna to than literally anything about her that actually matters.

And yeah, I'm sure some people will read this and think it's amusing. Unless they remember their own faves ruined to put someone else's fave on a pedestal.

And that summarizes what I had to call out here. Now to post elsewhere.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

My wallet will be happy in August, September and October. Usually these are my most expensive months for comics. No summer crossover that includes X- books.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    So back to Marvel Tales. The cover has Lorna, but no Havok. The inside material is about Havok. Translation: this is a bait and switch. They're hoping Lorna fans will pick it up because it has Lorna on the cover, only to go on and read a narrative in which Marvel (JDW) hopes they come to think Havok is far superior and more important to devote Lorna to than literally anything about her that actually matters.
    Lorna does have a role in Havok’s original story they are reprinting, but it’s mainly to scream and cry about the massive metal machines while he saves the day repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Lorna does have a role in Havok’s original story they are reprinting, but it’s mainly to scream and cry about the massive metal machines while he saves the day repeatedly.

"How can I, the Mistress of Magnetism with both arms completely free, possibly handle these GIANT METAL ROBOTS? If only a big blonde man were here to save me!"
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    HOUSE OF X #2 & 3
    POWERS OF X #2 & 3

Steel Magik seems to have a combo of powers from Kitty, Magik, and Colossus plus Dani Moonstar hair and elf ears. Where are people getting Rachel in all that?
    I'm trying to figure out where people are getting Kitty from. I see Magik, Colossus and Dani but not a trace of Kitty.