Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where people are getting Kitty from. I see Magik, Colossus and Dani but not a trace of Kitty.
    There is a image that the character is going through a wall like Kitty

  2. #32
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    HOUSE OF X #2 & 3
    POWERS OF X #2 & 3

    Steel Magik seems to have a combo of powers from Kitty, Magik, and Colossus plus Dani Moonstar hair and elf ears. Where are people getting Rachel in all that?
    I assume her arm, but that seems more Iron Man based.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where people are getting Kitty from. I see Magik, Colossus and Dani but not a trace of Kitty.
    I getting a Kitty vibe but as a saucy nickname or pure hormonal feel ....the anthesis of Katherine Pryde

  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    I thought all other X books are supposed to be cancelled including Major X?

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Not to mention when Marvel put out collections of Austen's writing that focused on Havok but conveniently left out Lorna's best issues, which were also the ones where Havok looked bad (e.g. leaving her at the altar for Nurse Annie).
    That storyline is included in the second Austen volume (Trial Of The Juggernaut) that gets released in October:

    The unstoppable Juggernaut has joined the X-Men, but can they trust him to be a hero? Meanwhile, Havok and Polaris are headed for the altar - but their wedding bells just might become a funeral dirge! As Jubilee and Husk mourn a fallen friend, the interdimensional Exiles arrive - but why are they targeting Havok? And the shocking truth about Nightcrawler's parentage is revealed when Mystique returns...and the evil Azazel rises! What is Nightcrawler's part in this villain's master plan, and can he help the X-Men escape Azazel's demonic dimension before Iceman loses his head?! Elsewhere, the Juggernaut takes on Alpha Flight - and finally faces up to his violent criminal past! Luckily, he's got a gamma-powered lawyer on his side...

    COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 425-436; EXILES (2001) 28-30; MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 40, 48

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    That storyline is included in the second Austen volume (Trial Of The Juggernaut) that gets released in October:

    The unstoppable Juggernaut has joined the X-Men, but can they trust him to be a hero? Meanwhile, Havok and Polaris are headed for the altar - but their wedding bells just might become a funeral dirge! As Jubilee and Husk mourn a fallen friend, the interdimensional Exiles arrive - but why are they targeting Havok? And the shocking truth about Nightcrawler's parentage is revealed when Mystique returns...and the evil Azazel rises! What is Nightcrawler's part in this villain's master plan, and can he help the X-Men escape Azazel's demonic dimension before Iceman loses his head?! Elsewhere, the Juggernaut takes on Alpha Flight - and finally faces up to his violent criminal past! Luckily, he's got a gamma-powered lawyer on his side...

    COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 425-436; EXILES (2001) 28-30; MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 40, 48
    just a buncha nothing

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I thought all other X books are supposed to be cancelled including Major X?
    I would make sense Major X is unaffected as it doesn't affect the current books in any way.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    just a buncha nothing
    Maybe they should ask your permission to put that as a quote on the cover of the trade, "Just a buncha nothing" is probably one of the most flattering things anyone's said about Austen's infamously bad X-Men run.

  9. #39
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would make sense Major X is unaffected as it doesn't affect the current books in any way.
    Also it's just a mini. Same reason Dead Man Logan is unaffected. Though August's Major X is an issue zero for some reason.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also it's just a mini. Same reason Dead Man Logan is unaffected. Though August's Major X is an issue zero for some reason.
    Because the 90's.

  11. #41
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    398

    Default

    it's really not that bad compared to most X-Men runs

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    That storyline is included in the second Austen volume (Trial Of The Juggernaut) that gets released in October:

    The unstoppable Juggernaut has joined the X-Men, but can they trust him to be a hero? Meanwhile, Havok and Polaris are headed for the altar - but their wedding bells just might become a funeral dirge! As Jubilee and Husk mourn a fallen friend, the interdimensional Exiles arrive - but why are they targeting Havok? And the shocking truth about Nightcrawler's parentage is revealed when Mystique returns...and the evil Azazel rises! What is Nightcrawler's part in this villain's master plan, and can he help the X-Men escape Azazel's demonic dimension before Iceman loses his head?! Elsewhere, the Juggernaut takes on Alpha Flight - and finally faces up to his violent criminal past! Luckily, he's got a gamma-powered lawyer on his side...

    COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 425-436; EXILES (2001) 28-30; MATERIAL FROM X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 40, 48
    Thanks. I'm frankly surprised that they're going to release those issues, given their fanboying.

    Still raises the issue that Lorna's vital Genosha issues aren't reflected. But I'm willing to cool my tongue on that for now from the chance that those issues will be included in a future volume that hasn't been announced yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Maybe they should ask your permission to put that as a quote on the cover of the trade, "Just a buncha nothing" is probably one of the most flattering things anyone's said about Austen's infamously bad X-Men run.
    The key thing I tend to say is that while Austen's run had many problems, he's still one of the best writers Lorna's had - which is a somewhat damning statement concerning Marvel. That this writer who had several problems (including with Lorna, e.g. having Lorna blame Annie for something Havok did), and is often maligned by readers, still managed to treat her way better than most writers in the over 50 years she's existed. If other writers (and editors) are supposed to be so much better, you would think they could do a better job with Lorna than he did.

    The fact he acknowledged and used Lorna's time with Genosha while nobody after him has alone makes him instantly better than anyone who wrote/edited Lorna (or major Genosha-related events like Axis) after him, with lone exceptions for Exiles and SW:HoM AU versions.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Still raises the issue that Lorna's vital Genosha issues aren't reflected. But I'm willing to cool my tongue on that for now from the chance that those issues will be included in a future volume that hasn't been announced yet.
    I'd guess that is the plan. The Genosha issues were at the end of his Uncanny run and then he did about 10 or so issues of adjectiveless X-Men after that so there's still enough of his material to fit into a third volume.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The key thing I tend to say is that while Austen's run had many problems, he's still one of the best writers Lorna's had - which is a somewhat damning statement concerning Marvel. That this writer who had several problems (including with Lorna, e.g. having Lorna blame Annie for something Havok did), and is often maligned by readers, still managed to treat her way better than most writers in the over 50 years she's existed. If other writers (and editors) are supposed to be so much better, you would think they could do a better job with Lorna than he did.

    The fact he acknowledged and used Lorna's time with Genosha while nobody after him has alone makes him instantly better than anyone who wrote/edited Lorna (or major Genosha-related events like Axis) after him, with lone exceptions for Exiles and SW:HoM AU versions.
    In terms of Lorna and Nurse Annie. Sure its true she blamed her for things Havok did, but I will say people in general don't want to blame their partner completely for affairs regardless of gender... its something men are quite guilty of as well. Its easier to cast some or alot of the blame on the person you don't know and care about then the person you do. Every one of Lorna's writers from PAD to Milligan had Lorna in the middle of a love triangle. Some were mostly mature like Rahne/Lorna/Havok outside of some physical violence.

    Some were very immature like the Fatale/Lorna/Havok love triangle in the mid 90s where they were all trying to kill each other. And, a select few were lol... nuts like the Nurse Annie/Havok/Lorna triangle. I generally hate love triangles as in all of them, but I will say that was one was at least highly entertaining. I feel as though editors of the titles were pushing love triangles hard back then because every writer included one Havok/Lorna/insert partner for two decades. A successful love triangle like Emma, Scott, Jean keeps people fighting and discussing it for years and years.

    In terms of Austen though, his great achievement with Lorna was certainly not the love triangle. It was actually following up on the work of the writers before him with the character... in the case of her central story line it was her Genosha writers (including Davis, Lobdell, Claremont and Roy Thomas) and more importantly Morrison who put her on ground zero of its destruction. Most writers wouldn't have scrapped their plans for the character like he did and go with a far better idea from another writer, but at least in that case he was willing to bury his ego in the face of another writers better plans.

    A writer needs to have an ego to be successful, but they also needs to be able to keep their ego check to know when other ideas are simply superior and also not be too wedded to any past era they can't see what is good in the here and now.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-24-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •