Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16

  2. #17
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    FNSM sounds like a finale.
    I most certainly hope not!!!
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  3. #18
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    931

    Default

    Having Lady Ock back is good, it means someone else with robotic arms can terrorize Peter in his book, while Otto can actually have character instead of being a one dimensional villain who's only goal is to beat Spider-Man. It's weird how people want Otto to be relegated to that again, Superior, IMO is the best Otto's ever been it's given us a chance to look into his head, and see there's a hero in there somewhere. I hope Marvel recognizes that, they probably do since they actually gave him another run.

    I've become way too invested in Otto's story to see him revert to the man he was before, that just shows up once every few months to try and kill Peter. They were able to give Kaine a huge status quo change in becoming the Scarlet Spider, that still stands to this day, even with Ben back. So I'd like to hope it's the same for Otto' though I might just be optimistic.
    Last edited by GSman; 05-23-2019 at 09:15 PM.

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Having Lady Ock back is good, it means someone else with robotic arms can terrorize Peter in his book, while Otto can actually have character instead of being a one dimensional villain who's only goal is to beat Spider-Man.
    Now, now. Otto's goal is proving his own superiority and providing for himself, on-top of trying to defeat Spider-Man .

    (Now that I think about it, basically all of the Big Three's goals end up boiling down to "destroy Spider-Man" most of the time).

    Although I don't think Trainer will ever be as big of a threat as Otto is. Even on the cover she's second fiddle to Beetle as the obvious leader.

  5. #20
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now, now. Otto's goal is proving his own superiority and providing for himself, on-top of trying to defeat Spider-Man .

    (Now that I think about it, basically all of the Big Three's goals end up boiling down to "destroy Spider-Man" most of the time).

    Although I don't think Trainer will ever be as big of a threat as Otto is. Even on the cover she's second fiddle to Beetle as the obvious leader.
    Hey, now! Otto's a lot better now, or is he?!
    In all seriousness, making lady Ock prominent again is something I certainly see Marvel doing. Everyone loved Liv Octavius, in Spider Verse, and in an age where Marvel is completely fine with having characters take up the mantle of already existing characters, I don't think it's too far fetched to think that they'll do it with Doc Ock, hell the did it with electro.

    Plus the concepts from Spider Verse are already leaking into the comics, e.g Spider Gwen's relaunch.

  6. #21
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Hey, now! Otto's a lot better now, or is he?!
    In all seriousness, making lady Ock prominent again is something I certainly see Marvel doing. Everyone loved Liv Octavius, in Spider Verse, and in an age where Marvel is completely fine with having characters take up the mantle of already existing characters, I don't think it's too far fetched to think that they'll do it with Doc Ock, hell the did it with electro.
    I don't think it seems to be the case just by them giving her the Into the Spider-Verse design, otherwise she probably wouldn't be with a bunch of other female villains instead of on her own.

    Heck, from what I know of Trainer's character, I don't think she'd want there to be another Doctor Octopus other then Otto Octavius.

    Actually, come to think of it, isn't White Rabbit the only member of that group who isn't a derivative of a male Spider-Man villain ?
    Plus the concepts from Spider Verse are already leaking into the comics, e.g Spider Gwen's relaunch.
    Ghost Spider wasn't in Spider-Verse.

  7. #22
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it seems to be the case just by them giving her the Into the Spider-Verse design, otherwise she probably wouldn't be with a bunch of other female villains instead of on her own.

    Heck, from what I know of Trainer's character, I don't think she'd want there to be another Doctor Octopus other then Otto Octavius.

    Actually, come to think of it, isn't White Rabbit the only member of that group who isn't a derivative of a male Spider-Man villain ?

    Ghost Spider wasn't in Spider-Verse.
    True, but nothing says she can't come back after this arc has concluded, villains are recurring they're bound to show up again sometime.


    Also I'm not talking about Ghost Spider, I'm talking about the fact that they've literally borrowed the concept of Gwen going to school in 616 from the movie. I wouldn't even be surprised if they gave Miles the jumper and shorts look in the comics, we even see it in the Ghost Spider cover.

  8. #23

    Default

    Solicits sound great for TASM. That and SSM are on my pull list.

  9. #24

    Default

    Just noticed the thread starter, Miles To Go is banned.

  10. #25
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    827

    Default

    So....why is Kev Walker drawing the Superior Foes/Syndicate arc? I thought Patrick Gleason was taking on the book?
    Also, once again, Ottley is drawing the covers, but not the interiors. I'd be a little salty if I were him!
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Just noticed the thread starter, Miles To Go is banned.
    Best not to discuss that.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Best not to discuss that.
    I won't do.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Beetle pretty wealthy? She seems to be.
    it's mostly daddy's money. i imagine that a lot of her legal fees go to keeping her armor up-to-date (like every other costumed villain).
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Time to push her as Marvel’s Harley Quinn
    Typhoid Mary might have something to say about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

  15. #30
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Typhoid Mary might have something to say about that.

    With the right push, she would be the best choice for that analogue!
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •