Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

I always thought Screwball was the intended Marvel Harley Quinn. Especially the Harley of the original animated cartoons.

Boom-Boom shall be Marvel's Harley Quinn. 'Tis more than mine own will, 'tis the fate woven by the gods.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    So....why is Kev Walker drawing the Superior Foes/Syndicate arc? I thought Patrick Gleason was taking on the book?
    Also, once again, Ottley is drawing the covers, but not the interiors. I'd be a little salty if I were him!
    Gleason was announced fairly recently, and after issue 26 was solicited, so he almost certainly is working on them they're just not ready yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we even get one more short arc before Gleason's first.

And yeah, it's still so weird how much it feels like they're underutilizing Ottley. So far of the 28 issues (not counting co-artists), we got 12 Ottley, 9 Ramos, 3 Walker, 2 Sandoval, and 2 Bachalo. That said I don't mind Walker doing this, since I absolutely love his art style and his work on Avengers Arena and Doctor Aphra, so I'm happy to see what he does here.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    True, but nothing says she can't come back after this arc has concluded, villains are recurring they're bound to show up again sometime.
    Yeah, but I think there's a difference from becoming a more prominent recurring villain and becoming the Doctor Octopus.
    Also I'm not talking about Ghost Spider, I'm talking about the fact that they've literally borrowed the concept of Gwen going to school in 616 from the movie. I wouldn't even be surprised if they gave Miles the jumper and shorts look in the comics, we even see it in the Ghost Spider cover.
    I guess the cover is definitely going for Into the Spider-Verse vibes. Gwen going to school in another dimension is just different to me since she's in college and the reasons are completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Typhoid Mary might have something to say about that.

No joke, that's basically how they wrote her in Avengers Assemble. They even had her voiced by Tara Strong, who is usually the go-to voice for Harley these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but I think there's a difference from becoming a more prominent recurring villain and becoming the Doctor Octopus.

I guess the cover is definitely going for Into the Spider-Verse vibes. Gwen going to school in another dimension is just different to me since she's in college and the reasons are completely different.

No joke, that's basically how they wrote her in Avengers Assemble. They even had her voiced by Tara Strong, who is usually the go-to voice for Harley these days.
    I remember that. It's one of the few episodes I was able to catch. It was weird to see her team up with Yelena Belova.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Boom-Boom shall be Marvel's Harley Quinn. 'Tis more than mine own will, 'tis the fate woven by the gods.
    Thought she was mercy killed by Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I always thought Screwball was the intended Marvel Harley Quinn. Especially the Harley of the original animated cartoons.
    Because of the very brief partnership with Jester? I can agree that she was made in the mold. But she's way too new and unproven, imo. I chose Mary because Daredevil's villains are kind of blatant analogues of Batman's rogues gallery. But I guess she also fits as a TwoFace homage. And White Rabbit is an obvious Mad Hatter riff. But for crazy clown themed females there's also Screaming Mimi to contend with.

Because of the very brief partnership with Jester? I can agree that she was made in the mold. But she's way too new and unproven, imo. I chose Mary because Daredevil's villains are kind of blatant analogues of Batman's rogues gallery. But I guess she also fits as a TwoFace homage. And White Rabbit is an obvious Mad Hatter riff. But for crazy clown themed females there's also Screaming Mimi to contend with.
    Songbird hasn't been Screaming Mimi in years unless she had a successor I didn't know about.

Songbird hasn't been Screaming Mimi in years unless she had a successor I didn't know about.
    She did briefly. But I'm talking more about potential. Mel is one bad day away from breaking bad. And, thematically, she's someone who was drug into villainy by a degenerate boyfriend.

She did briefly. But I'm talking more about potential. Mel is one bad day away from breaking bad. And, thematically, she's someone who was drug into villainy by a degenerate boyfriend.

Honestly out of all the Thunderbolts I think she's probably the farthest from breaking bad. She's like the ultimate Thunderbolts success story.

Honestly out of all the Thunderbolts I think she's probably the farthest from breaking bad. She's like the ultimate Thunderbolts success story.
    That would make it that more tragic. The others can fake reform. With Mel, it's all or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    FNSM sounds like a finale.
    sounds like 2nd to last issue to me. Sales aren't good on this book.

Tom Taylor's last book X-Men Red also ran to 11 issues. Seriously, that issue being the last one makes sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Since no one is asking, who is the new Kingpin of Crime? It isn't Fisk. Is it Boomerang. What did Fred do to be hunted?

Since no one is asking, who is the new Kingpin of Crime? It isn't Fisk. Is it Boomerang. What did Fred do to be hunted?
    Back in the last Boomerang story, Fred betrayed Fisk by refusing to pay him back after getting him out of that incident from the FCBD story, which resulted in him putting the hit on him in the Bar With No Name. Looks like he's going after him again now, after Centidemon warned him that Peter was off limits when trying to pursue Boomerang.

As for who the next Kingpin of Crime will be, just have to wait and see. Don't see it being Fred, but I could very much see it being Janice, especially she since's playing a fairly important role in this arc.