Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Exclamation More new comics from Marvel, including a new SABRETOOTH series

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I always thought that Sabes was redundant. But that's just me.
    NOT always!
    News on new Marvel comics coming in January, including a new Sabertooth series. Wait, what?

Incredible Member

Ugh! I hate Comics by Perch, he is a reactionary chud like thinking critikal. His smug giggles are so cringy.

His voice in X-Men:TAS still haunts me
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think he has done his run. It was a great villain, but I did not miss him a bit, same as Juggernaut. I never miss them and when they come I always think "well, they gotta use him sometimes, so get over it". But if it is up to me, those two meet their end or at least in the X-verse.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think he has done his run. It was a great villain, but I did not miss him a bit, same as Juggernaut. I never miss them and when they come I always think "well, they gotta use him sometimes, so get over it". But if it is up to me, those two meet their end or at least in the X-verse.
    I think for both of them the main issue is that their base motivation has deteriorated and become weak, over time.
    In case of Sabretooth, after that whole Romulus fiasco of story, his reason of being a Wolverine nemesis had become...vaporous at best, he has no motivations, no agenda(all taken away by other characters). Simply put they have removed a key part of what made him a good(not exceptional) villain for Wolverine and did not replaced it with anything else.
    But like him many other villains, not just x-men's, are. Kraken was resurrected for what? Mad thinker purpose is? Oh MODOK what they did to you! Abomination whyyyyyyy!
    Still they all fare better than villains created in 90's, most of them..didn't got the luxury Nanny treatment to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    His voice in X-Men:TAS still haunts me
    Ha. Now that you mention it… same here.

Another Wolverine variant... clones, children and the old man are no longer enough.

I actually enjoy watching Sabretooth interact with characters besides Logan. His stint on Rogue’s X-men team as well as Bunn’s Uncanny team were both fun IMO. Might be time to kind of retire him as a Wolverine villain… at least for awhile. And let him branch out more and fight other mutants.

They need to take Sabretooth back to his mercenary roots. He was an Iron fist/Luke Cage villain first. I remember a Spider-Man/Punisher team-up were he got the best of both of them. Messing with Wolverine will always be on the agenda, but will these other franchise characters allow Sabretooth to be Sabretooth instead of the un-thinking brute he's portrayed over the last 2 decades? I've always viewed Creed as the Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees of the Marvel Universe. Whenever he makes an appearance, someone has to die or maimed in the worst way. Let him appear scarcely. Get him away from the X-Men, Wolverine and Gambit(and maybe Mystique), should be his only targets.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Agree , those two are surplus to requirements!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    They need to take Sabretooth back to his mercenary roots. He was an Iron fist/Luke Cage villain first. I remember a Spider-Man/Punisher team-up were he got the best of both of them. Messing with Wolverine will always be on the agenda, but will these other franchise characters allow Sabretooth to be Sabretooth instead of the un-thinking brute he's portrayed over the last 2 decades? I've always viewed Creed as the Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees of the Marvel Universe. Whenever he makes an appearance, someone has to die or maimed in the worst way. Let him appear scarcely. Get him away from the X-Men, Wolverine and Gambit(and maybe Mystique), should be his only targets.
    My hope is Lavalle can redeem him and make him a scary mofo again.

I prefer Lady Deathstrike. She should've been given the solo instead.

As it is now the question I’m asking myself is: whatever is done with Sabretooth will the readers care? It’s not just about putting out a good story. People must buy it to.

With Sabretooth there is much apathy and negative associations. To just put out a good story will get some buyers. Others will be a harder sell even if people say it’s good. Perhaps the mini/ongoing will be one of those titles that sell in trades. If it is good that is.

IMO Age of Apocalypse Tooth was the best written to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I really like this idea. Sabes as a villain for another street level hero could be amazing. I'd still want him to pop up to fight Logan occasionally but I'd love to see him fight the likes of Cap, DD, Luke Cage and even Spidey.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.