Default Need All Five Weapons fans to rally

Not going to ruin #10, but last page says its been cancelled!! What can we do to get a sales spike; to get this book back on the stands?

One of my favorite series, period. Real shame it's cancelled. I don't know what can be done short of huge numbers for the next/last trade.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

What?! NOOOO. I just bought the first trade and I plan to buy the second one. Is there a way to petition? Maybe get the word out on Tumblr or something. Why didn't Image include that book in their recent digital sales they had after Comic-Con? Or is that up to the creator?

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/five-weapons-11

I see this on their site. So what's going on?
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 08-07-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Jimmie said that the book was cancelled due to lack of sales. He had it plotted out to last another 5 issues, telling the whole story. The ending in issue 10 is not the intended ending.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Amazing Member

#1-5 was fantastic and was the intended ending it seemed like since they said something like "Due to popular demand, Five Weapons is now an ongoing". They probably would have been better off renumbering the 2nd arc and just calling it "Five Weapons: Tyler's Revenge #1".

#6-10 read like an addition to a complete story but it was still great and I wish more people picked up on it.

I've been thinking about buying the 10 issues, but wasn't sure about it. Can you guys describe this book. No Spoilers, of course.
    Pull List: Amazing Spider-Man, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Saga, Rocket Girl, Velvet, Afterlife with Archie, Outcast, Alex + Ada, Deadly Class, Spread, Spider-Man 2099, Black Science, TMNT, Batman, Harley Quinn, Five Ghosts, Low, Guardians of the Galaxy, Shutter, Starlord, the Fade Out.

Chopping block: Lazarus, Southern Bastards, Rocket Raccoon, and Starlight.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left Hook View Post
    I've been thinking about buying the 10 issues, but wasn't sure about it. Can you guys describe this book. No Spoilers, of course.
    I think it's very well written and has great art. I would describe it as it's basically about someone trying to fit in into this assassin's school with 5 different areas of study. Each area has a teacher and president that you get to know and it's all done with humor [The archery teacher has an arrow stuck through her head after all]. It's not a pure comedy, but it never takes itself too seriously. There are plenty of little twists and mysteries throughout too that keep you reading.

Also, I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I got an "Encyclopedia Brown" vibe from this book. Each issue sort of develops a problem as you go along and then it cliffhangs on a tough scenario and the protaganist ends with a "I know how to get out of this ..." and you have to buy the next issue to find out how. But the answer usually pulls in clues that were carefully placed within the last issue, so it makes you want to reread or at least look back and then in future issues you keep your eyes out for all the little details.

I bought all 10 on a whim and wasn't disappointed.