Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This does not surprise me, although at least he treated the other Fab Five who showed up in the book (at least from what I've read of NTT) fairly respectfully.

The proof was in New Teen Titans #50 which featured Donna Troy's wedding to Terry Long. Mal & Karen were living the happily married life, Charlie & Bette seemed like the guests that no-one was interested in catching up with, and Duela was turned into literally a "fat liar".

I know I'm in the minority here but I didn't like most of Wolfman's additions to the team. Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and Jericho have never done much for me. Especially because I feel that Wolfman repeated their same stories over and over(Starfire longing to find a place to call home only to see her home devastated, Raven longing to be free of her father's influence only to become more like him, Cyborg longing to become more human again only to become more inhuman, etc.). When Wolfman brought back Bumblebee Post-Crisis to help with the Wildebeast situation, I was significantly surprised and excited but she only showed up for a few issues and then disappeared again until the Wildebeast Society captured most of the Titans.

I hope when the Titans return, Bumblebee with be featured on the team as a credible hero and developed accordingly.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope when the Titans return, Bumblebee with be featured on the team as a credible hero and developed accordingly.
    Agreed. I hope the same for other classic Titans as well (assuming DC doesn't kill them all off first) .

Agreed. I hope the same for other classic Titans as well (assuming DC doesn't kill them all off first) .
    Maybe that will be the basis of the new series. All the Titans are dead and need to find a way back to the land of the living. Sounds more interesting than most Titans runs we have had.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Resurrection would be pretty easy if Raven's around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Maybe that will be the basis of the new series. All the Titans are dead and need to find a way back to the land of the living. Sounds more interesting than most Titans runs we have had.
    Titans: Underworld .

Some classic Bumblebee Appreciation

Titans: Underworld .
    Reminds me of the arc where the Titans had to fight the demonic horror star Goth who stole his fan's souls and they went to hell. Has one of my favorite group shots.

TitansPose.jpg

It's only missing Donna who couldn't go with them for story reasons and I think Karen would have been a great addition to this line-up.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Whelp. Karen is apparently the mystery sixth member in Teen Titans Go. Not the kind of exposure I'd want for her but every bit of attention counts I guess xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. Karen is apparently the mystery sixth member in Teen Titans Go. Not the kind of exposure I'd want for her but every bit of attention counts I guess xD
    Im happy for Karen, but you're going to have a lot of disappointed fans online lol. The most popular suggestions were Donna Troy and Blue Beetle, at least on facebook and IG.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Damn I didn't even think about Donna. That would have been cool. But I'm fine with Karen. At least the show, itself, isn't anywhere near as bad as it used to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    It is an absolute crime the way DC underused this character for decades.
    I agree. I love the pic in the opening comment. I loved the way she looked in the 70s -- and the way Perez update her look in the 80s. I didn't care for the character or her outfit in the most recent Titans series. Too far off the mark. But let's face it -- Titans is one of DC's most poorly handled properties.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I didn't know until someone on another thread wrote that Bumblebee was DC's first black female super hero, created way back in the original Teen Titans in 1976. Having that distinction, it would be great if DC would showcase her more. The pre-Crisis version of the character was one of the smartest characters in the DC universe. She built the advanced, Bumblebee techo-suit which allowed her to control her size, enhance her strength, gave her the ability of flight and emit blasts. She was also very headstrong and confident. DC should incorporate those traits to the post-Rebirth version and I think they would have a really interesting character, which could arguably be a major player in the DCU.
    You're correct except for the size-thing. That was an unwanted side-effect -- I think occurring during 52-- DC's yearlong weekly series. She was stuck at that size -- and I don't know if the problem was ever resolved before new 52.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, Karen could have tapped into the same audience that's currently supporting characters like Nadia/Unstoppable Wasp and Lunella/Moon Girl. She really covers a neat niche (young scientist) not really touched on in many Titans lineups.

In some other universe, when relaunching the Teen Titans, Perez and Wolfman could have gone for established characters like Bumblebee and Lilith Clay, instead of Raven and Starfire (not that I have anything against those two ladies!), and that generation could have gone quite differently.

About the only 'issue' I have with the character is that she's too often part of a pair with Mal, and he doesn't interest me as much, in his Vox/Hornblower/whatever persona (although as Guardian, in the Young Justice cartoon, I liked him!), or as Karen's +1.
    Mal was always his most interesting in his Guardian outfit -- complete with the exo-skeleton -- which gave him a bit of a Steve Ditko-inspired look.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Damn I didn't even think about Donna. That would have been cool. But I'm fine with Karen. At least the show, itself, isn't anywhere near as bad as it used to be.
    On the bright side, Karen is now starring in 2 shows on CN. Great exposure for the character.

I wonder where she'll make her live action debut first, Titans? Doom Patrol? The Arrowverse? The DCEU?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    On the bright side, Karen is now starring in 2 shows on CN. Great exposure for the character.

I wonder where she'll make her live action debut first, Titans? Doom Patrol? The Arrowverse? The DCEU?
    Honestly see Doom Patrol more likely than Titans, unless they lighting up a bit and get more of a budget for effects.