Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Reminds me of the arc where the Titans had to fight the demonic horror star Goth who stole his fan's souls and they went to hell. Has one of my favorite group shots.

Attachment 82797

It's only missing Donna who couldn't go with them for story reasons and I think Karen would have been a great addition to this line-up.
    "Did you really think we wouldn't come back for our teammate?" Well, if it was current DC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. Karen is apparently the mystery sixth member in Teen Titans Go. Not the kind of exposure I'd want for her but every bit of attention counts I guess xD
    Huh, wasn't expecting that. So now the show has three girls, two guys, and has Bumblebee in the mix.

I'm not the biggest Teen Titans Go! fan, but it's popular, so I think having Bumblebee in there will be good from an exposure standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    On the bright side, Karen is now starring in 2 shows on CN. Great exposure for the character.

I wonder where she'll make her live action debut first, Titans? Doom Patrol? The Arrowverse? The DCEU?
    Titans if it goes on long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I always wonder with these characters with puns for their names. If their names were not connected to their monikers would they still have donned that alias? If Karen BEEcher was instead named, for instance, I dunno, Karen Roach-man , would she still be Bumblebee?
    I sorta figured the "Karen Beecher" name was more likely in relation to the writer Harriet Beecher Stowe than a pun-name, but that's just me, a guy who grew up in the 1960s-70s.

Extraordinary Member

Whelp. Karen is apparently the mystery sixth member in Teen Titans Go. Not the kind of exposure I'd want for her but every bit of attention counts I guess xD
    lol i just saw the trailer i doubt it will last

As cool as it would be if she stayed, I think they did already say she's only around for the summer.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

That's good for Karen. I don't like this show but I had no idea they were even going to add another member. She looks and sounds good. If her reception is very good she could very well be permanent. Look at what happened to Felicity from Arrow.

On the bright side, Karen is now starring in 2 shows on CN. Great exposure for the character.

I wonder where she'll make her live action debut first, Titans? Doom Patrol? The Arrowverse? The DCEU?
    Hopefully its one of the DCU shows and not the Arrowverse. I'm praying its not the Arrowverse.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-28-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    lol i just saw the trailer i doubt it will last
    It makes sense for her to be in the show at least since she was one of the more prominent Titans outside of the core team from the original animated series.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It makes sense for her to be in the show at least since she was one of the more prominent Titans outside of the core team from the original animated series.
    a few episodes no more then the rest of titans east
    I would say garth was around a bit more, then again he shows up alot as is

It also gives them a second black person and a third female. Gotta have those metrics nowadays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Some classic Bumblebee Appreciation

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I loved Bumblebee's classic weapons. The honey-guns, the stinger-darts, the buzzing.......that being said, Perez's costume for her is my favorite.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    a few episodes no more then the rest of titans east
    I would say garth was around a bit more, then again he shows up alot as is
    They have the same amount of appearances. (8 episodes)

Speedy has 6.

Mas y Menos has 7.

So I was right she is one of the more prominent Titans on the show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I know I'm probably in the minority here but I loved Bumblebee's classic weapons. The honey-guns, the stinger-darts, the buzzing.......that being said, Perez's costume for her is my favorite.
    I had no idea about the buzzing and darts. I like the buzzing though.

They should use THAT more often, it's a power Wasp DOESN'T have, hence, something that doesn't look ripped off from Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should use THAT more often, it's a power Wasp DOESN'T have, hence, something that doesn't look ripped off from Marvel.
    Ditto the 'honey gun' that shoots entangling goop to foul people up. They are working on a nonlethal crowd control option IRL that's pretty ineffective, but similar, and it would be neat to see Karen work out a more effective comic-book alternative (perhaps using an aerogel or something that 'grows' when exposed to humidity or some such techno-babble to 'explain' why she can shoot massive amounts of entangling glop from tiny little launchers).

I like the idea of having her use tricks not common to the present-day Wasp (flight, shrinking, electric zaps), such as poison stinger-darts, or whatever.

Some sort of built-in computer / communications gear / targeting / enemy-tracking software, and / or sensors in the bug-eyed visor, could be on-theme, as well. Really play up that she's an inventor, and not a meta-chick with 'Wasp' powers.

Titans would be fun because thats where she originated. Arrowverse is the most likely as she can fit any show outside of Batwoman. Granted Ray was introduced in Arrow so you never know.

Legends of tomorrow might be the best place for her.

I think you could give her a show or a movie but she lacks any lore or characters of her own besides Mal. So you're gonna have to create a lot from scratch.