Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You knowwwww...

This preview reminded me that Kyle isn't in the 'utopia' side of things, which means he's in the dystopic, crapsack world of Uncanny. What is he doing, while mutants like his husband are rounded up, killed, experimented on? Would he be considered a gene traitor and find himself in a camp? Why is it that 'both sides' are being shown to lead, inevitably, to fascism? Is Kyle alive in crapsack world of Uncanny? Dead? What does he think about what happened to Jean Paul? Does anyone actually care? Or is this how we get to North/man being a canon ship?
    If he shows up he'll likely just be killed off.

But exploring what Kyle must be going through sounds way more interesting than any of Uncanny so far.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You knowwwww...

This preview reminded me that Kyle isn't in the 'utopia' side of things, which means he's in the dystopic, crapsack world of Uncanny. What is he doing, while mutants like his husband are rounded up, killed, experimented on? Would he be considered a gene traitor and find himself in a camp? Why is it that 'both sides' are being shown to lead, inevitably, to fascism? Is Kyle alive in crapsack world of Uncanny? Dead? What does he think about what happened to Jean Paul? Does anyone actually care? Or is this how we get to North/man being a canon ship?
    Sina Grace did a cool depiction of Kyle working for the mutant underground resistance in his Battleworlds story while Secret Wars was going on.

I'd like to think we'd get something like that back in the crapsack 616 side of things; I don't think we'd get Kyle rocking a BFG and the Dreads of the Apocalypse again, but as a PR guy, Kyle certainly would know how to frame mutants in the best light. Seems more likely we'll get a doubling down of the "well, so-and-so was declared dead, so the marriage was annulled" explanation we got for Scott and Jean. On the other hand, Williams did say she hadn't forgotten about Kyle while writing The X-Tremists (which is pretty obvious from the cover). So I guess we'll see how it all falls out.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-26-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Seems like a waste of an awesome cover when only 13 thousand are going to be sold.

spoilers:
    Yesss. This issue wasn't what I was thought I'd be getting, but yep. Still brought the feels. JP, Richtor, and Bobby getting drunk together and trying to find some mutual comfort over the bits of themselves they're not even consciously aware that they're missing was unexpectedly sweet. And omfg, Moneta is creeping me out even more now that she's been mind-wiped, guys. I am worried about next issue, though - I even assuming the team stays split, I can't see Betsy and Fred taking out Northstar, Iceman, Richtor, and Jubilee on their own, especially when the latter four are SEVERELY pissed off. So does that mean we see what Nate uses to keep even his big guns in line?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

This issue was definitely the best of all of them. Was a great issue.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I cried at this issue. I've never cried at a comic before, but...

spoilers:
    The way that Jean-Paul explained being without Kyle... I feel that. Every moment you're away from someone that you love like that is like being without one of your limbs or a vital organ.
    end of spoilers

Leah Williams deserves an X-Book after this.

Reading this issue like:

Last edited by Harpsikord; 05-29-2019 at 01:17 AM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

spoilers:
    The way that Jean-Paul explained being without Kyle... I feel that. Every moment you're away from someone that you love like that is like being without one of your limbs or a vital organ.
    end of spoilers

Reading this issue like:

So much. I've written in to Marvel once over the last 20 years, but I'm sending them fanmail over this issue.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-29-2019 at 01:26 AM.

BANNED

continues to be so disappointing and the art is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    continues to be so disappointing and the art is ugly
    3 books is more than enough time for you figure out that a book is not for you. Just because a book is not for you doesn't mean it isn't for other people. It is your freedom to dislike something and say it on the forum but hey what is point of you repeating the same thing over and over. If any book should have been "the action book" in age of X-man it should have been this one that is valid complaint BUT that is not the book the writer is doing. X-tremist is a strong character focus book and it is pretty good in that aspect.

Would I have prefer a X-tremist versus Xtracts books where Xtracts are made to look like the bad guys until issue 4,It clicks that X-tremist are the bad guys? Yes but the book is more of character study about the how world is screwing over a group of mutants and it is being pretty successful at that. You don't like the book fine.We get that but I am always curious what makes a person read 4 issues of something when they didn't like the first 3 and the preview. Also this individual issue is stronger than the first 3 but guess we can talk about that we the real thread comes out

spoilers:
    Did Moneta get murdered in this book? I think that ties to what happens in Marvelous X-men
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Reading this issue like:

omg thank you for this.
    I am DYING. hahahaha

Nice issue. I kinda hoped for a Bobby/Jean Paul kiss haha