Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Reed and Sue would become suspicious if Franklin suddenly developed a taste for expensive wines and didn't know who Brittney Spears or Miley Cyrus are.
    The wine thing, Doom's taste in wine may be a tell, but Johnny's open to Franklin possibly smoking. Many teenagers drink (or want to). It's not a stretch.

I wonder if Franklin will find himself a girlfriend at the youth center. It's a setting where I can see that happening as he doesn't meet many others his age.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wonder if Franklin will find himself a girlfriend at the youth center. It's a setting where I can see that happening as he doesn't meet many others his age.
    Speaking of love lifes...Johnny seemed to start thinking of something more considering Ben and Alicia were getting married. It would be interesting to see his attempts to find someone serious. Does he find a super? A normal?? A super who does not want to be involved with the super life and lives like a normal???

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Franklin finding a GF, or at least a prospective GF is pretty definite. The youth center is a good possibility and a girl who may not quite fit in could be a good match for him. Or a girl who he pursues and strikes out badly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Franklin finding a GF, or at least a prospective GF is pretty definite. The youth center is a good possibility and a girl who may not quite fit in could be a good match for him. Or a girl who he pursues and strikes out badly.
    How old is Katie Power now? Has Franklin's traveling the multiverse made him much older than her?? or can comics handwave her to be the same age?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    How old is Katie Power now? Has Franklin's traveling the multiverse made him much older than her?? or can comics handwave her to be the same age?
    Katie seemed kind of young for current Franklin as of the post SW Power Pack one-shot. While Franklin was a member of Power Pack, Katie was older, by probably by a year or so. Franklin's additional five (and maybe Fraction's year) would seem to put him out of rane for a non-weird connection. Still, dealing with a friend who's your GF's older brother is something many of us use as a growing experience. It also makes for fun fiction, or it could anyway. Theoretically.

Extraordinary Member

Katie seemed kind of young for current Franklin as of the post SW Power Pack one-shot. While Franklin was a member of Power Pack, Katie was older, by probably by a year or so. Franklin's additional five (and maybe Fraction's year) would seem to put him out of rane for a non-weird connection. Still, dealing with a friend who's your GF's older brother is something many of us use as a growing experience. It also makes for fun fiction, or it could anyway. Theoretically.
    From the wiki articles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Pack
    At the beginning

Alex (age 12), Julie (10), Jack (8), and Katie Power (5)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Power

Julie was the only Power family member who had a birthday happen within the comic series, aging from 10 to 11 years old. In the later 2000 mini-series (which makes no references to 'current' Marvel continuity and thus cannot be objectively placed in canon) she is 14, in Runaways vol. 2 #1 she is nebulously identified as being an "ex-teenager", but in the later Loners #4, Julie identifies herself as being 17 years old. In the letter column of Avengers Academy #31, Julie is identified as being about 19 years old.
    Going with 19 for Julie would put Katie at 14-15 range.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Speaking of love lifes...Johnny seemed to start thinking of something more considering Ben and Alicia were getting married. It would be interesting to see his attempts to find someone serious. Does he find a super? A normal?? A super who does not want to be involved with the super life and lives like a normal???
    Of course most recently there was the futility of his trying to get Zora Vukovic aka Lady Victorious to show any interest in him. I'm old school enough to want him at least to be friends with Crystal. That relationship with Medusa should never have happened IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Of course most recently there was the futility of his trying to get Zora Vukovic aka Lady Victorious to show any interest in him. I'm old school enough to want him at least to be friends with Crystal. That relationship with Medusa should never have happened IMO.
    A) This
    B) What she said
    C) QFT
    D) All of the above

Crystal had it coming. so did Black Bolt.

From the wiki articles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Pack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Power

Going with 19 for Julie would put Katie at 14-15 range.
    I'd go by the writer of Power Pack 63 and her assessment of Katie's age.

Grayson: The story is set not long after “The Return of Power Pack," the short story by John Allison and Rosi Kämpe that was featured in Civil War II last year. Power Pack #63 is mostly about Katie, who is eleven now, but it includes two flashback stories: a retelling of a classic Power Pack escapade and one “never-before-seen-adventure” from their past. I wanted to make sure that readers new to the characters got the chance to see the team in all of its original glory, but I also wanted to explore the status quo.
    https://www.newsarama.com/37137-devi...interview.html

Extraordinary Member

I'd go by the writer of Power Pack 63 and her assessment of Katie's age.

https://www.newsarama.com/37137-devi...interview.html
    So basically they are saying the kids age at different rates...I get Alex jumping a few years due to what happened with the Future Foundation...but Julie and Katie were both on the same planet.

So basically they are saying the kids age at different rates...I get Alex jumping a few years due to what happened with the Future Foundation...but Julie and Katie were both on the same planet.
    Devin Grayson says 11. Without the five year post SW trip, I pegged Franklin at 10. His last birthday was him turning 8 and additionally, the year for Fraction's run plus the time runs out eight month and any misc. Marvel time makes 10 seem like a good number. I'm also relying on old Power Packs where Franklin went under the Tattletale name and he was younger than Katie (both were post-toddler/five yrs oldish).

As to Julie, she could be eight years older than Katie, making her probably 13 at the old Power Pack's adventures.

Extraordinary Member

Devin Grayson says 11. Without the five year post SW trip, I pegged Franklin at 10. His last birthday was him turning 8 and additionally, the year for Fraction's run plus the time runs out eight month and any misc. Marvel time makes 10 seem like a good number. I'm also relying on old Power Packs where Franklin went under the Tattletale name and he was younger than Katie (both were post-toddler/five yrs oldish).

As to Julie, she could be eight years older than Katie, making her probably 13 at the old Power Pack's adventures.
    Look at the links I posted...Wiki sources where the info on ages comes from. So taking that infomration...if one is stated as a certain age then you would have to do the math and all would age the same...unless you are outside of it all like the FF were.

Look at the links I posted...Wiki sources where the info on ages comes from. So taking that infomration...if one is stated as a certain age then you would have to do the math and all would age the same...unless you are outside of it all like the FF were.
    I'd rather go by the story writers' beliefs and the actual Power Pack stories. Wikipedia is not an official Marvel source. I could say Julie Power is 77 and that would be as binding and official as Wikipedia.