Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #10 Review and Spoilers

I already like this better than the previous arc.

Might finally get Val meeting Moon Girl!

Does Wyatt live with them?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm glad it's more about the kids than the tie-in.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Val meeting Moon Girl. Where's Nadia when you need her? In fact, get all of GIRL on this!

As for Franklin, he should get over himself. Yeah, don't ask me to get invested in his plot. I still can't get over how Slott treats mutant powers to care.

Needs more Doom. Far less kids.

BANNED

Franklin seems already set upon the path to becoming a super villain. wonder if we are getting a onslaught like situation where the desperate need to regain his powers so that he could bring everyone back(how parallax like does it sound) makes him fuse with a malevolent entity or perform a forbidden ritual and go over the edge leading to the next Uber omnipotent villain whom no one can defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I think the last arc proved this to not be true...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The last arc gave the double bird to Doom. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Franklin seems already set upon the path to becoming a super villain. wonder if we are getting a onslaught like situation where the desperate need to regain his powers so that he could bring everyone back(how parallax like does it sound) makes him fuse with a malevolent entity or perform a forbidden ritual and go over the edge leading to the next Uber omnipotent villain whom no one can defeat.
    This fanfic sounds more interesting than this story.

Honestly, I wish Slott would just shut the hell up about Franklin having a limited amount of power. It makes no sense. It makes sense for someone to strain themselves that their powers are weaker, but the x-gene having some kind of arbitrary amount of use is just stupid. Does Nightcrawler look less blue by merely existing? Does Leech's power nullifying get weaker every time he uses it?

This plot thread is so dumb that I feel like I'm reading that Green Lantern: Lights Out storyline.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 05-24-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The last arc gave the double bird to Doom. No thanks.

This fanfic sounds more interesting than this story.

Honestly, I wish Slott would just shut the hell up about Franklin having a limited amount of power. It makes no sense. It makes sense for someone to strain themselves that their powers are weaker, but the x-gene having some kind of arbitrary amount of use is just stupid. Does Nightcrawler look less blue by merely existing? Does Leech's power nullifying get weaker every time he uses it?

This plot thread is so dumb that I feel like I'm reading that Green Lantern: Lights Out storyline.
    I think it will turn out to be some puberty thing. His powers are in flux along with his hormones. Reed keeps saying that it's just a stage in the development of his powers which leads me to believe that he'll eventually grow out of it stronger than ever when he becomes an adult. Franklin is already an outlier in having powers from childhood when mutants usually get their powers as teens, so this is likely another difference.

I highly doubt Slott is removing his powers, this is just a way to keep him in check. You can't have him running around with god-like powers without ruining the threats in stories. It was fine when he was a kid as you could use the excuse of him being too young to do anything but that excuse is now gone.

Franklin's powers being out of whack as a hormonal teen doesn't really bother me.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-24-2019 at 07:55 AM.

the entire point of random mutation powers is that the individual rules work however you want them to lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the entire point of random mutation powers is that the individual rules work however you want them to lol
    Except for the multiversal constant of giant robots who waste taxpayer dollars shut off the powers with a control collar.

Or terrigen mist causing M-Pox

Or the Legacy Virus

Or mutant growth hormone

Or Kick

There are a lot more constants than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I highly doubt Slott is removing his powers, this is just a way to keep him in check. You can't have him running around with god-like powers without ruining the threats in stories. It was fine when he was a kid as you could use the excuse of him being too young to do anything but that excuse is now gone.
    Personally, I would have been fine with Franklin just straining his powers, which isn't unprecedented given what happened with Abraxas, rather than this needlessly complex nonsense about how they have limited use.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 05-24-2019 at 08:23 AM.

That's like saying because Cyclops and Nightcrawler can both be shut down with a collar, it's stupid that their powers give them access to different dimensions. That's like saying because all Inhumans need Terrigenesis for power, it's stupid that one can displace their matter through time and space while another just becomes a horse. That's like saying it's stupid that Gamma radiation will give some people cancer and turn others into magical color-coded immortal beasts.

Yes, all of that is stupid. It's also the fictional conceit of this universe. If Wolverine's primary ability is celluar regeneration, then I guess it's stupid that he can, at some point, grow old and die. The entire point of these fictional power sources is that they allow for a shared origin of wildly diverse abilities, the individual rules of which are unique and up to writers.

Why is the line suddenly being drawn at something as tame as "you can run out of juice?"
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 05-24-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Power canceling collars are such a lazy plot device. Be creative. You can neutralize Nightcrawler and Cyclops by obstructing their view. Kurt won't risk porting into a wall. Scott won't risk blasting one of his teammates. Use sonics to keep telepaths from concentrating. Zero gravity to nerf those with super strength. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think the last arc proved this to not be true...
    The last arc proved nothing except that we need good writing. And to be clear I'm not even talking about Doom. Good writing for Galactus. And good writing for the kids too. (And I'm sorry, that's not what I feel in that preview. Not excited at all about the Val and Moon Girl meeting. But that's me. Not excited either about the supposedly great arc about Franklin from what I see in the preview and the previous issues. I hope I'm wrong of course, and that I would enjoy the trades, but...)

Just for the wordplay I have to add that the last arc proved mostly that we could need more Doom with kids - I mean Val with Doom at least once... not to forget Franklin with Galactus....

Let's say it was just for the wordplay...
    Last edited by Abe; 05-24-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !