Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Franklin seems already set upon the path to becoming a super villain. wonder if we are getting a onslaught like situation where the desperate need to regain his powers so that he could bring everyone back(how parallax like does it sound) makes him fuse with a malevolent entity or perform a forbidden ritual and go over the edge leading to the next Uber omnipotent villain whom no one can defeat.
    Franklin's an interesting case. In many ways, he's a PITA teenage boy. And yes, I've raised a teenager and worked with teenagers for a decade and a half. They ALL have unfriendly tendencies at times. But Franklin has access to unlimited power depending on the writer and where the arc is). He also has access to lots of cool stuff and a sister with more brains than common sense. He's no longer as special as he was and that is a real problem.

But Franklin going full-on super villain is a dumb idea. I think it's pretty definite he is going to do something stupid, though. Because every teenage boy makes dumb decisions sometimes. Even the best ones. I also think he needs some contact with normal kids like the near fight that happened in the preview. Franklin's unlike his father or sister. He has a need to relate to people like Ben, Sue, and Johnny. But Ben, Sue, and Johnny have had times to learn social skills. Sometimes not well, but next to Reed, they rock at it. It's growing up and I'd like to see more of this mixedin with the superheroics.

This is more about the fallout from the FF quiting the Multiverse enterprise, because they failed at it. Like the saying goes, super heroes attract super threats because super powers get challenged. The FF displayed phenomenal super ability by creating the Multiverse, so the Multiverse pushed back. The moral of the story? You have no business playing god if you’re just human.

It will be interesting where Dan Slott tries to take this, where Franklyn and Valeria are the driving forces of the Multiverse enterprise, because Reed and Sue gave up on it. Franklyn in particular is depressed that his venture was totally destroyed, and Val is looking for Molecule Man. This is not going away anytime soon. And when you think about it, aren’t the FF explorers by nature, so if Reed and Sue are tired of exploring, then their children are going to force them to continue, and this tiring suburbanism going on in Yancy Street is just boosting the moment when it will all break out. These two kids, Franky and Val, haven’t tasted the freedom of the Champions in the 616 yet because F and V were off planet. They are going to have to get their day in the sun on Earth, too. Kids run wild now in the MU. F and V are going to discover this and act the same.

Champions and F and V meet

F and V - Who are you guys?

Champs - I suppose we are the kid Avengers. Who are you?

F and V - We’re the kid Fantastic Four.

Champs - Well, where are the other two?

Just say Ben and Johnny had Secret love childs. Who would be the childrens mothers? Are there some Original Sins still not exposed yet? And the big one - is our Watcher alive again after Secret Wars? See? Since Secret Wars ended, and the FF have returned to Earth just now, will all the FF’s cast members return as well? Watcher, the Silver Surfer, Black Panther, (Molecule Man), etc.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-24-2019 at 05:55 PM.

This kind of goes with my theory of Franklin's powers are based on his imagination.

Incredible Member

Weird having Johnny being worried about Franklin smoking since I imagine Johnny has probably smoked weed at least once in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Weird having Johnny being worried about Franklin smoking since I imagine Johnny has probably smoked weed at least once in his life.
    Not really. Parents often fear their kids doing exactly what they did as kids growing up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Franklin's an interesting case. In many ways, he's a PITA teenage boy. And yes, I've raised a teenager and worked with teenagers for a decade and a half. They ALL have unfriendly tendencies at times. But Franklin has access to unlimited power depending on the writer and where the arc is). He also has access to lots of cool stuff and a sister with more brains than common sense. He's no longer as special as he was and that is a real problem.

But Franklin going full-on super villain is a dumb idea. I think it's pretty definite he is going to do something stupid, though. Because every teenage boy makes dumb decisions sometimes. Even the best ones. I also think he needs some contact with normal kids like the near fight that happened in the preview. Franklin's unlike his father or sister. He has a need to relate to people like Ben, Sue, and Johnny. But Ben, Sue, and Johnny have had times to learn social skills. Sometimes not well, but next to Reed, they rock at it. It's growing up and I'd like to see more of this mixedin with the superheroics.
    it is a clichéd concept but that won't stop slott from pursuing the thread if he has run out of ideas and stupid folks from reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Franklin seems already set upon the path to becoming a super villain. wonder if we are getting a onslaught like situation where the desperate need to regain his powers so that he could bring everyone back(how parallax like does it sound) makes him fuse with a malevolent entity or perform a forbidden ritual and go over the edge leading to the next Uber omnipotent villain whom no one can defeat.
    I think its more that Franklin is suffering from emotional trauma at seeing all his creations die...or being a typical bratty teenager.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Does Wyatt live with them?
    For the time being it appears. Maybe Johnny invited him over to NY in #1 and then the visit extended into a longer stay. Without She-Hulk though.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    This kind of goes with my theory of Franklin's powers are based on his imagination.
    I like this idea. Although I'd add confidence to those factors affecting his power. With his creations being destroyed and his mind being relatively normal, the kind of stuff he's doing should be expected in affect him in weird ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I like this idea. Although I'd add confidence to those factors affecting his power. With his creations being destroyed and his mind being relatively normal, the kind of stuff he's doing should be expected in affect him in weird ways.
    That and puberty

Prepare yourselves. Doom mindswapped with Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Prepare yourselves. Doom mindswapped with Franklin.
    This is something Doom should seriously consider. Now Doom's (as you often, but correctly point out) is shown to be overpowered. Among his talents are stealing powers and mind-swapping. Either one, of course, should be enough of a big-@$$ threat, but both? Overkill. Franklin has a plethora of power. Doom wants it. His options are to either steal it, or put himself into Franklin's body and use it from there. Now if Doom were to use the powerstealing stuff he used n the Surfer in issue 57, the FF would, naturally, be aware. But putting your self-centered mind into the body of a moody teenage boy would spark no alarms.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Reed and Sue would become suspicious if Franklin suddenly developed a taste for expensive wines and didn't know who Brittney Spears or Miley Cyrus are.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-27-2019 at 11:29 AM.

uncle jake is still alive? where does he and petunia live?

where is the youth center?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uncle jake is still alive? where does he and petunia live?

where is the youth center?
    Uncle Jake and Aunt Petunia live out in New Mexico, in the town featured in Byrne's story 'Wendy's Friends'