Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd rather go by the story writers' beliefs and the actual Power Pack stories. Wikipedia is not an official Marvel source. I could say Julie Power is 77 and that would be as binding and official as Wikipedia.
    The sources in the articles are Marvel...either direct from the stories or from responses on the letters pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Of course most recently there was the futility of his trying to get Zora Vukovic aka Lady Victorious to show any interest in him. I'm old school enough to want him at least to be friends with Crystal. That relationship with Medusa should never have happened IMO.
    I would say get with The Wizard's daughter Cole Wittman...but take some time getting there. Show him on a series or horrible dates...a groupie who has nothing in common with him, she's just so thrilled to be on a date with The Human Torch. A woman who's life goal is to get her chihuahua to be an internet star. Before he finally runs into her and they hit it off and take is slow.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-28-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The sources in the articles are Marvel...either direct from the stories or from responses on the letters pages.
    An examination of the wikipedia pages and sources include such comments as "cannot objectively be placed in canon", a letter page comment about Alex screwing up his brother's age, and Julie being "nebulously referred to as an ex-teenager". To put this in real life terms, Marvel's setting of Power Pack ages hasn't been hard and fast. Obviously the publication of Future Foundation 1 may present the current state of PP ages. But I'm still going with the latest Katie Power writer's opinion.

The issue was fine.

I appreciate that even though it's a tie-in issue it still managed to focus on the FF, specifically Franklin.

Nice to see Val and Moon Girl finally interact.

Seems like I may be right about Franklin possibly finding a girlfriend at the Youth center.

The issue was mainly used to show Franklin's phase and set him up for the future, it's not bad but also nothing to write home about.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-29-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I really appreciated this issue for how FF-centric it felt. All of the team, including Val and Franklin had their moments. As Crimz said, it wasn't necessarily anything ground-breaking but I really enjoyed it.

Also, it gave me one of my favorite panels from the F4 since this new run started:

Technically speaking it is not necessarily the nicest panel from this run, but I absolutely love a good image of the whole team in their uniforms. It just always feels so epic to me.

I also really liked that image. My only problem with it are Ben's boots, if it weren't for those I'd really love it.

Mighty Member

I haven't had the chance to pick this up, commuting to hospitals are a pain, did anything interesting happen?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I haven't had the chance to pick this up, commuting to hospitals are a pain, did anything interesting happen?
    It's the usual wind down issue after an arc. Most of the focus is on Franklin and the FF settling into Yancy Street.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Meh. For me, Slott needs to get off this book. It’s just not working.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It will be interesting where Dan Slott tries to take this, where Franklyn and Valeria are the driving forces of the Multiverse enterprise, because Reed and Sue gave up on it. Franklyn in particular is depressed that his venture was totally destroyed, and Val is looking for Molecule Man. This is not going away anytime soon. And when you think about it, aren’t the FF explorers by nature, so if Reed and Sue are tired of exploring, then their children are going to force them to continue, and this tiring suburbanism going on in Yancy Street is just boosting the moment when it will all break out. These two kids, Franky and Val, haven’t tasted the freedom of the Champions in the 616 yet because F and V were off planet. They are going to have to get their day in the sun on Earth, too. Kids run wild now in the MU. F and V are going to discover this and act the same.

Champions and F and V meet

F and V - Who are you guys?

Champs - I suppose we are the kid Avengers. Who are you?

F and V - We’re the kid Fantastic Four.

Champs - Well, where are the other two?
    The Champions would NEVER call themselves "kid Avengers". The Young Avengers, who are roughly the same age range, are that. Think about how the Champions came to exist. The original three left the ANAD Avengers due to a dispute over collateral damage and not liking heroes fighting each other (as they did in Civil War II). The team did patch up their differences after Secret Empire (they needed to, as Viv and Nadia being on the team means they'll always have a connection to them), but they're very much their own thing, like the X-Men and F4 are.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's the usual wind down issue after an arc. Most of the focus is on Franklin and the FF settling into Yancy Street.
    It appears Slott's going for a heavier portion of family life and less superheroics. I really want to read this and get a handle on the new dynamics.

So far I think the only necessary issues in this run are:

Issue 1-3: Bringing the team back and seeing what they were doing, plus introducing Griever who may be important later
    Issue 5 : Ben and Alicia's wedding
    Issue 10: Showing the new status quo on Yancy street, and Franklin's new direction.

Issue 4: was useless and a waste of time. It was just to show why they can't use the Baxter Building, issue 10 did what 4 should have done.
    Issue 6-9: The only thing to come from it is that Doom is bad and hates the team again.

BANNED

Enjoyed this issue

Glad FF are getting good artists but would like a regular like Asrar.

Was a fun issue with some nice downtime on the new status quo HQ and liking this down to earth among the people approach instead of the ivory tower. Reminds me a bit of pier 4 and I'm sure they'll return to Baxter at some point.

Loving the costumes

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It appears Slott's going for a heavier portion of family life and less superheroics. I really want to read this and get a handle on the new dynamics.
    He said he would do this for the first year.

Also, uh, he's gonna write a lot more Doom stuff. You have to read the Doom stuff.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

this issue was also pretty perfect tbh
    nice to see dan feeding me and the like 10 other people who read his thing solo (which everyone should read)
    give me more edgelord franklin
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He said he would do this for the first year.

Also, uh, he's gonna write a lot more Doom stuff. You have to read the Doom stuff.
    Based on his first Doom story (6 through 9), that's not something that excites me. But the family focus and decidedly non-superhero stuff will differentiates the F4 from other books quite easily.