Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Can someone post what happend to john connor without spoiler tags. Tablet does not let me see them. Also what did furlong do in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Can someone post what happend to john connor without spoiler tags. Tablet does not let me see them. Also what did furlong do in the movie?
    He died a meanless death in the first scene, a la Newt, Hicks & Bishop in Alien 3. In short, he was fridged to provide motivation for two other characters.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-04-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

-I mentioned the recycled story already, but there were also too many nods and callbacks to the other films as well imo.
    Sarah Connor: "What, are you a Terminator too/2?"

At that point, I have expected Linda Hamilton to look at the camera and break the fourth wall.

Ultimate Member

Honestly Mackenzie Davis would have probably been a more intimidating villain than the actual villain here.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    We all know John Connor would live off the grid and get high on animal sedatives.

BANNED

He's not making me very encouraged to see this movie.

You know it just occurred to me, in the movie a Cyberdine Terminator aka SKYNET Terminator kills John, so by that reasoning, SKYNET won because there is no John to lead the resistance to victory over SKYNET so if it won...why does LEGION exist then? It doesn't make sense if you think about it.

Frankly, I'll keep to T1 through 4 and let all the rest be swept under the rug.
    I don't care about Dani in any shape or form so any future installments are dead to me.

Because he never believed they had won against SKYNET, and he was proven right.

Yeah, I'm calling BS. Talk about a lack of imagination. Just spitballing here -

John could have helped protect Dani in the same way as the others did, maybe even be a love interest for her (as Kyle Reese was to Sarah In T1). Maybe he would grow up to be disillusioned with the whole "struggle" and could have had an arc where his mother convinces him to help which he desperately doesn't want to do. His deepest desire at this point is to be as normal as he can be.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-04-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I said this elsewhere, but if they want the Terminator to continue as a franchise they need to stop recycling the plot points from T2. But they won't commit to it. Nostalgia is a helluva drug lol. Salvation was a step in the right direction but they abandoned it. Hell salvation itself abandoned it own concept halfway through the same film lol. In hindsight The Sarah Connor Chronicles deserved better imo.
    Who's ever over the franchise is either too nostalgic or to scared (or both) to do anything different.
    All the movies since Rise of the Machines have bombed commercially AND critically, and RotM was only moderately successful box office-wise. It's not that they were "scared" to follow-up Salvation but the box office and critical response didn't warrant it especially given its budget.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The Terminator is one of the greatest science fiction films of all-time and works as a self-contained universe that has one of the best predestination paradoxes ever. T2 pretty much ruins that, but because it's an entertaining action flick it's mostly forgiven. But there really wasn't anywhere to go after T2 except where they went, which was confusing, alternate timelines and continuously treating judgment day as both inevitable and preventable.

For me, I'm fine with them putting the franchise to rest for a while. The Sarah Connor Chronicles was probably my favorite post-T2 terminator live-action media, and even that series had its share of flaws and couldn't generate an audience to sustain it. I just think the interest in the franchise has waned.

She has some good ideas in this review which might have improved the movie -

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    She has some good ideas in this review which might have improved the movie -

Why does she have a riding crop?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Why does she have a riding crop?
    It's a gimmick lol.

The thing about Linda Hamilton (her reaction that her character would have acted differently during the opening scene) really makes me sad.

Edit - Sounds like this movie was a bit of a mess behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's a gimmick lol.

The thing about Linda Hamilton (her reaction that her character would have acted differently during the opening scene) really makes me sad.

Edit - Sounds like this movie was a bit of a mess behind the scenes.
    Well she is very scary with it when she talks about Tim douchebag.

Frankly, it should have ended in T2, but Miller and Cameron did the same with Ridley Scott did to the alien franchise, they killed it with shitty sequels nobody wanted.

It also didn't help when Miller in a bout of stupidity insulted the fanbase by calling them misogynists.

And now that it is failing Miller and Cameron are trying to through each other under the bus when it is both their faults this is such a turd.