Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    When did Miller call people misogynists?

I’m literallt hearing this for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    No wonder he was fired from Deadpool 2.
    What did he do that time?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am finding it ironic that after all the whining Cameron did about Sarah Connor being a better female character than Wonder Woman that her movie did a far better job of having a feminist icon without needing to belittle her male counterparts to such an extreme.

That said I thought Linda was the strongest part of the movie. And I also wonder if the studio originally planned to Last Jedi John but saw the fan reaction to that and decided killing him was a better option (it wasn’t)...

Lightbulb

Here's another thing they could have done. John dies but only after he sires a daughter. John's girlfriend/wife, who also dies, could be African American or Hispanic (I'd go with an African American personally). Sarah is left to protect and train her granddaughter named "Dani". Grace shows up a few years later and then everything else happens the way it did in the movie, more or less. This scenario would have preserved the lineage of the movie (both narratively and familial) by respecting the source material while integrating new aspects (a female of color as the new savior who is also Sarah Connor's granddaughter).

I literally came up with the above idea in five minutes shame on the writers for not doing better than they did with this movie.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would go the Salvation route and focus on the war in the future. Honestly, there's no way anyone can do the "protect the future savior" plot without it being a rehash of T1 and T2.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would go the Salvation route and focus on the war in the future. Honestly, there's no way anyone can do the "protect the future savior" plot without it being a rehash of T1 and T2.
    My thoughts exactly.

Honestly, as much as Salvation is maligned, i feel they went the right route with that movie. Especially after T3 ended with everything being blown up.

The whole "someone comes back in time to kill someone, someone comes back in time to protect" is played to death. The whole franchise needs to be moved onto to something else entirely. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like it will happen because it seems Terminator is dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Honestly, as much as Salvation is maligned, i feel they went the right route with that movie. Especially after T3 ended with everything being blown up.

The whole "someone comes back in time to kill someone, someone comes back in time to protect" is played to death. The whole franchise needs to be moved onto to something else entirely. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like it will happen because it seems Terminator is dead now.
    It was a good concept but poorly executed i feel. Same with T3, it wasn't as bad as i heard it was but with a bit more polishing it would have been better but frankly that is MY T3 so Cameron can suck it for all i care.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    All I've been able to think since finding out John Conner died, is that this will make great parody material. I can see it now, Terminator kills John Conner "Nooooo", then new hero girl and time traveler show up. They just finish introducing themselves, then BOOM terminator kills her. Suddenly new time traveler new ultimate hero walk onto the scene. They barely get through their names before they're dead too. Next pair don't even get out the first syllable. Sponge Bob jump cut "Seven Billion Terminator Assassinations Later", Sarah Conner appears to herself and asks if she wants to watch Saturday Night Live.
    And each successive Terminator is wearing a t-shirt with "Hello, I am a Terminator For" with a list of names on it, starting with Skynet and adding a name with each successive Terminator and crossing the previous one out. They start 'ominous' like "Skynet" and "Legion", but eventually degrading to "Bob", "Steve", and "Tim".

They could also parody it by having Skynet, represented by a T-800 skeleton, put on an obvious fake mustache and adapt a goofy accent while calling itself "Legion". They can continue it with the Skynet robot adding more items like a hat, a beard, a poncho, and such while identifying itself with a new name each time.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Ultimate Member

Eh I don't see the "SJW" complaints about this one. In the film itself, they're just characters. It didn't feel like they were beating you over the head with it here like say, the Star Wars ST has.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Eh I don't see the "SJW" complaints about this one. In the film itself, they're just characters. It didn't feel like they were beating you over the head with it here like say, the Star Wars ST has.
    I agree with you. This "complaint" began when the director, Miller, ran his mouth in an article long before Dark Fate was ever released. Now Miller and Cameron are trying to throw each other under the bus to deflect personal responsibility for this bomb.

PS Take a look at how many writers were involved I suspect that played a role in Dark Fate's failure as well. This was a movie created by a committee, which is never good.

Astonishing Member

The movie itself isn't that bad. Positive on Rotten Tomatoes last I look and an ok (but admittedly not great) B+ on CinemaScore.

This movie is paying the price for the lackluster previous editions. (As well as also being "hard" for new people to get into)

Another interesting take on Dark Fate and why it failed -

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

THANK YOU!!!!!....I have been saying this for ages. I wanted Salvation to be that, but they kept shoving Marcus down our throat.

As far as Dark Fate is concerned, how did legion get the idea to make Terminators?? I'm just honestly done with this franchise lol. And apparently the movie going public is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Another interesting take on Dark Fate and why it failed -

LOL. I remember back nerd, people used to slam this guy because he was black guy who was not afraid to give valid criticism of POC characters and has talked about how Hollywood's superficial take on diversity is hurting films. I thought YouTube banned him. Glad he is speaking his mind again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It was a good concept but poorly executed i feel. Same with T3, it wasn't as bad as i heard it was but with a bit more polishing it would have been better but frankly that is MY T3 so Cameron can suck it for all i care.
    Salvation would have been a better movie if the focus was on John and the human resistance and not Marcus.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What did he do that time?
    Allegedly he wanted to make the sequel more...commercially acceptable, for lack of a better term. More appeasing (i.e. less graphic and raunchy, more of a straight forward action flick) to the masses. This clashed with the writers' and Ryan Reynolds' vision obviously so he was let go.

...allegedly.