Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This franchise ran its course

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Trailer looks fantastic. I'm in.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Anyone else watch Jeremy Jahns stuff on youtube? His reaction video is like everything I think of said way better than I could about this ish

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Probably because of the female heavy trailer and marketing (anything female seems to trigger a select group of people on youtube). That plus it looks like a whole lot of what we've seen before.

Can't wait to see the lgbt-1000
    - That's one of the most liked comments on the video. Plus other anti-feminism rants.

That being said, the trailer looked....fine. To me, none of the past Terminator movies (from T3 down) have been terrible messes, it's just the constant time travel shenanigans and Terminator/human fights and car chases has become very repetitive.
    I wondered why a certain youtuber made a video trashing the trailer. Now I know to avoid it.

I may see this film, but I wonder what more can be done with it.

Each film is essentially the same thing. Variations on the same story told over and over again.

The same thing could also be said about the Alien and Predator franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    ...Now that Game of Thrones is over I'd much rather see Lena Headey and the rest of the cast return for a 2 hr special to give some closure to the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    Yes. I'd like to see this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Each film is essentially the same thing. Variations on the same story told over and over again.
    I Don't really agree with this it's true that the villan had the same power set and was a variation of the T1000 and it used the Staple of the series of sending a robot back in time but each movie has been different anuff T3 was about trying to stop jugmint day and the rise of the machines a inpossible task T4 was about the Apocalyptic future and the war T5 was about alternate timelines.

Looks alright enough, but so has all the trailers for the previous movies too so...eh, this is a franchise I prefer checking out on tv first. The first two I consider classics, everything since I consider popcorn flicks.

Still curious about what's up with no John Conner. I'm guessing that maybe John is killed, but there's still a future in which the machines are losing ground, with perhaps Sarah's new ward being the new "mother of the future", as Sarah says she's "like me".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Meh, doesn't sound terrible, although Skynet being thwarted and yet we still get another all different rise of the machines with Terminators still just sounds like a coincidence of stupid proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh, doesn't sound terrible, although Skynet being thwarted and yet we still get another all different rise of the machines with Terminators still just sounds like a coincidence of stupid proportions.
    Terminator and T2 revolved around fears of nuclear Armageddon more than AI. The Terminators were the symbolic face of mankind's self-destructive impulses.

But now AI is becoming more of a concern in and of itself, and poses different questions (like what it would mean to be human in the age of AI). We're entering entirely uncharted territory here.

This makes the narrative relevant to contemporary concerns and leaves us with the sense that Sarah's accomplishments in T2 mean something (as opposed to T3's argument that no matter what they had done, Judgment Day was inevitable).

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Terminator and T2 revolved around fears of nuclear Armageddon more than AI. The Terminators were the symbolic face of mankind's self-destructive impulses.

But now AI is becoming more of a concern in and of itself, and poses different questions (like what it would mean to be human in the age of AI). We're entering entirely uncharted territory here.

This makes the narrative relevant to contemporary concerns and leaves us with the sense that Sarah's accomplishments in T2 mean something (as opposed to T3's argument that no matter what they had done, Judgment Day was inevitable).
    Still feels like too huge a coincidence, and still kind of ultimately the T3 Judgement Day was inevitable to me. Again, I get fully embracing the change from nuclear fears to AI fears, but that another, separate evil AI pops up in this altered timeline and sends Terminators back in time to kill the mother of the future hero? Makes as much sense as the nonsense Genisys to me. At least at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Still feels like too huge a coincidence, and still kind of ultimately the T3 Judgement Day was inevitable to me. Again, I get fully embracing the change from nuclear fears to AI fears, but that another, separate evil AI pops up in this altered timeline and sends Terminators back in time to kill the mother of the future hero? Makes as much sense as the nonsense Genisys to me. At least at face value.
    Understandable. Personally, I trust Cameron's involvement means good things for whatever concept they use. A lot hinges on the execution.