Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Nah, I think they need to do a low budget future war film. Something that shows the formation of the resistance. Just make a gritty SciFi war story. Das it...
    Well, it's not going to happen anytime soon. And if the franchise does see the light of day again it'll probably be in the form of a full fledged reboot of the original.

BANNED

The repeated reference to the kill box and emp was funny. This was essentially t2 with female characters and the originals lending a hand. Would have been better if Sarah and John travelled to a alternate timeline for a change where they come across these two and realise that they have traveled to a alternate distaff version of their timeline where the terminators the Skynet the saviour are all feminine versions. If a sequel follows then it would no doubt involve the adult version of the saviour returning to kill herself in imitation of Gemini man.

Fell to 5th Place for its second weekend. Ouch. #1 is Midway, #2 Doctor Sleep, and #3 and #4 are Last Christmas and Playing with Fire respectively, the latter being the John Cena family comedy.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Well, it's not going to happen anytime soon. And if the franchise does see the light of day again it'll probably be in the form of a full fledged reboot of the original.
    Remaking the first film will only work if it's made a couple of decades later....maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    The repeated reference to the kill box and emp was funny. This was essentially t2 with female characters and the originals lending a hand. Would have been better if Sarah and John travelled to a alternate timeline for a change where they come across these two and realise that they have traveled to a alternate distaff version of their timeline where the terminators the Skynet the saviour are all feminine versions. If a sequel follows then it would no doubt involve the adult version of the saviour returning to kill herself in imitation of Gemini man.
    A sequel of this disaster of a movie?
    Haha. They killed the franchise in so many ways.
    No thanks, our Terminator viewing at our house ends with Salvation.
    And this one never happened.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

How much you wanna bet if they make another Terminator, they'll pull a Ghostbusters and ignore this one completely, bringing back John Connor and having him as an adult with his kid(s), granny Sarah, and grandpa "Arnie" fighting evil terminators from the future. Because outside of Salvation, there's only 1 plot in this franchise.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    How much you wanna bet if they make another Terminator, they'll pull a Ghostbusters and ignore this one completely, bringing back John Connor and having him as an adult with his kid(s), granny Sarah, and grandpa "Arnie" fighting evil terminators from the future. Because outside of Salvation, there's only 1 plot in this franchise.
    Sounds better than what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's pretty much the alternate ending to T2, apart from Arnie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUsMkbipQQ
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

At what point does Terminator (in it's current form) start to look way outdated.

The tech tree of our future doesn't look like terminator. Hypothetically speaking, if Skynet were being created today, he wouldn't send a terminator, he'd send a bunch of really really small drones to kill Sarah Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    At what point does Terminator (in it's current form) start to look way outdated.

The tech tree of our future doesn't look like terminator. Hypothetically speaking, if Skynet were being created today, he wouldn't send a terminator, he'd send a bunch of really really small drones to kill Sarah Connor.
    Or people would start dying from nanobot 'infections' that would just cause us to die en masse.

That would actually sound like an interesting movie!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Its a bit like the Star Wars movies. They never really update the tech, just the special effects.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its a bit like the Star Wars movies. They never really update the tech, just the special effects.
    I think Cameron was always less focused on the feasibility of the future tech than the forces it represented. The T-800s are the figurative embodiment of the arms race--deceptively human on the surface, but revealed as Death when the superficial layers are stripped away.

I'll say this: the sound effects from the intro future battle were straight out of the lore, and it was great to see the classic T-800 HUD in all its redness. With that said, those traits are 35 years old. They're classic and I'm glad they're in this latest iteration (and it's great to see old tech holding their own against new and improved models), but it's difficult to reconcile.

This is why I'm not too bothered by Abrams and Discovery redoing the visuals for TOS. They were already looking dated when DS9 and Enterprise did their crossovers. TOS, above all else, is supposed to be set in the future, but constantly trying to explain over and over again that the future has a retro aesthetic to justify keeping our imaginations preserved in amber is getting too tedious.

On the opposite end, I'm fine with Star Wars maintaining a constant look because it's set not just in a specific time frame, but an alien one. The context is so far away from human expectation that it's allowable. Tech jumps in Star Wars are less steady and less drastic than in the real world. If Star Wars happened on Earth, though, that'd be a different story.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Saaay, what do you suppose was "going on" with Grace and Dani? I'm starting to see some interesting fanart on Tumblr. Are they partners in the future? I wonder if future Dani was killed and with her true love gone Grace offered to go through time and protect her in the past...

What do YOU think?