Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I think it would have worked better if each of the Post-T2 suggested the future timeline was actually being massively shifted and changed, even if a Machine War became a recurring theme; if, say T3 revealed that the Machine War was now more of an chaotic period with different AIs fighting each other as much as humanity, and thus Humanity's fortunes *had* improved a decent amount, that would make the stories feel like they have some power... or if humanity won a much more assertive victory in the future before they could be massacred, and so a new Terminator is sent to start one a decade early, moving that conflict up to when John and others are younger and removing the certainty of causality form the series.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

This really has a lot of good points if they do a T7

https://screenrant.com/terminator-7-...e-horror-plot/

If Terminator gets a #7 its truly going to be one of those franchises that keeps failing upwards (post T2 that is).

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This really has a lot of good points if they do a T7

https://screenrant.com/terminator-7-...e-horror-plot/
    Never gonna happen, who ever owns the rights to The Terminator franchise hates everything that has to do with the future. And would rather just duplicate Terminator 2 over and over again until they're blue in the face.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Unlike Predator or Aliens which are looser concepts that can be made into whatever you like Terminator is pretty focused so you can't really do a Prey kind of Terminator film.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Never gonna happen, who ever owns the rights to The Terminator franchise hates everything that has to do with the future. And would rather just duplicate Terminator 2 over and over again until they're blue in the face.
    Didn't James Cameron get the rights back?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Unlike Predator or Aliens which are looser concepts that can be made into whatever you like Terminator is pretty focused so you can't really do a Prey kind of Terminator film.
    They have done all kinds of different things in the comics books games etc I don't see why you can't change it up in the next movie I mean it's fiction you can probably do what ever you want hell make the next one termnaters vs monsters on Mars a good writer can probably make it work.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Didn't James Cameron get the rights back?
    I have no idea. But if so, that's who I'm talking about I guess lol.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Cameron worked on Dark Fate but kind of clashed with the director.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They have done all kinds of different things in the comics books games etc I don't see why you can't change it up in the next movie I mean it's fiction you can probably do what ever you want hell make the next one termnaters vs monsters on Mars a good writer can probably make it work.
    There's a reason why there weren't nearly as many comics based on Terminator as there are for Aliens or Predator as even the comics were pretty much rehashes of either the plot of the original or T2 only it was a different person for some reason, or it was like Salvation were about the war against the machines. The third option, of following some random's during the rule of the machines is about the only interesting thing you could do with the Terminator and even then you could only do that once.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There's a reason why there weren't nearly as many comics based on Terminator as there are for Aliens or Predator as even the comics were pretty much rehashes of either the plot of the original or T2 only it was a different person for some reason, or it was like Salvation were about the war against the machines. The third option, of following some random's during the rule of the machines is about the only interesting thing you could do with the Terminator and even then you could only do that once.
    It reminds me of the Halloween series since H20 every entry has rehashed the plot of the original movie (either as a sequel or a remake) talk about a rut.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Honestly, though it would never happen and would probably bomb even if it did, I'd love to see them invert the premise.

Humans become so sick of constantly dealing with Terminators and AI time travel shenanigans that they begin to actively shut down anything that could develop AI. Because the tech has advanced so far already it's virtually impossible to stop it in the "present" of the future, so they travel back through time to exterminate AI before it can begin. The principle protagonist is another human somehow integral to the development of an AI in the future, who is marked for death by an entire band of these time travelling AI-hunters. And the machine that travels into the past to protect him/her is the final embodiment of that AI development: a sentient AI that doesn't hate humanity and wants only the chance to live alongside us in harmony but which must now fight for it's very survival because of the hatred engendered by Skynet and it's ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It reminds me of the Halloween series since H20 every entry has rehashed the plot of the original movie (either as a sequel or a remake) talk about a rut.
    I wouldn't say that at least anymore then any other slasher movies I mean Halloween Resurrection for better or worse was different RZ Halloween 2 went off the deep end Halloween 2018 was basically The Terminator Halloween kills sucks but it wasn't really like any other Halloween per say.

I wouldn't say that at least anymore then any other slasher movies I mean Halloween Resurrection for better or worse was different RZ Halloween 2 went off the deep end Halloween 2018 was basically The Terminator Halloween kills sucks but it wasn't really like any other Halloween per say.
    How so? Michael Myers goes after Lori Strode in their hometown and kills a bunch of people who get in his way rinse, wash, repeat. Sure seems like Halloween 1978 to me. At least Freddy, Jason, and Pinhead went after different people, were placed in different settings occasionally (well, other than Freddy), and faced different (often ridiculous) challenges throughout their various outings.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-17-2022 at 09:45 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    How so? Michael Myers goes after Lori Strode in their hometown and kills a bunch of people who get in his way rinse, wash, repeat. Sure seems like Halloween 1978 to me. At least Freddy, Jason, and Pinhead went after different people, were placed in different settings occasionally (well, other than Freddy), and faced different (often ridiculous) challenges throughout their various outings.
    Resurrection was set in one house during a stupid reality show RZ Halloween 2 had all the strange hallucinogens dream stuff Lori going crazy/evil the loomis sub plot Halloween 2018 had Lori as sarah connor for some odd reason then there was whatever was going on in kills with the town going crazy evil dies tonight BS so i wouldn't say they are rehashing anything more than any other horror movie.