Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Resurrection was set in one house during a stupid reality show RZ Halloween 2 had all the strange hallucinogens dream stuff Lori going crazy/evil the loomis sub plot Halloween 2018 had Lori as sarah connor for some odd reason then there was whatever was going on in kills with the town going crazy evil dies tonight BS so i wouldn't say they are rehashing anything more than any other horror movie.
    We'll agree to disagree. They still feel like rehashes to me. Halloween very much needs to move beyond Lori Strode and the 1978 template, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    We'll agree to disagree. They still feel like rehashes to me. Halloween very much needs to move beyond Lori Strode and the 1978 template, IMHO.
    I mean it's no different than say Friday the 13th it's about a unstoppable killer going around killing people who somehow gets stopped that I don't have a problem with as long as it's interesting but I agree they need to get away from anymore Lori and they kinda did in 3 4 5 6 and 8. Anyway I think there's way more possiblys with termnater then there is for hoween.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They did when they brought back Michael and introduced the cult. That wasn't good. Resurrection was even worse with the reality show angle they went with in that movie

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They did when they brought back Michael and introduced the cult. That wasn't good. Resurrection was even worse with the reality show angle they went with in that movie
    I think it was better than the rehashes we've got since. The stuff might have been wacky but at least it was original rather than boring.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I mean it's no different than say Friday the 13th it's about a unstoppable killer going around killing people who somehow gets stopped that I don't have a problem with as long as it's interesting but I agree they need to get away from anymore Lori and they kinda did in 3 4 5 6 and 8. Anyway I think there's way more possiblys with termnater then there is for hoween.
    Well, in the later movies Jason did fight discount Carrie, and Freddy, and took a trip to Manhattan and Space/the Future. Were these good, maybe not but they certainly were something new. Either way if only for the lols and WTH moments, I find those infinitely more rewatchable than I do the recent cookie-cutter Halloween movies.

I agree about Lori, she needs to go for good. If she kills Michael in the next movie I'm done with the series.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-19-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think it was better than the rehashes we've got since. The stuff might have been wacky but at least it was original rather than boring.
    Personally I'm a fan of the Rob Zombie movies. I liked how trippy the sequel was. I want to see more Halloweens like that

Personally I'm a fan of the Rob Zombie movies. I liked how trippy the sequel was. I want to see more Halloweens like that
    Anything is better than the current cookie-cutter movies.

But, yeah, I've always loved Rob Zombie's trippy style. House of 1000 Corpses is my favorite RZ movie the camera work, music, sound editing, and (most of all) visual effects make it seem like a bad acid trip (in a good way).

One thing I didn't like about the 2nd one Zombie did was it seemed he came at the like "how can I get my wife in this film ?"
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    One thing I didn't like about the 2nd one Zombie did was it seemed he came at the like "how can I get my wife in this film ?"
    Indeed, RZ puts her in every movie he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I didn't mind her in it she always adds something and is fun too look at lol

Just wondering if this person watched Dark Fate and the introduction of Dani Ramos? Its not a new finial girl that Terminator needs, They just need to hang up and stop making Terminator movies. Also Arnold wasn't in any of the predator sequels because he didn't want to be, not the reason that this article put out. Predator 2 was written at first with Dutch's return but Arnold wasn't up to it so Harrigan's part was expanded to the lead and Dutch's was shrunk and changed to Gary Busey's as Special Agent Peter Keyes/Predator hunter. What Prey did is not a fix all to rebooting a science fiction franchise, I do like Prometheus and Alien: Covenant but it just doesn't feel the same without Sigourney Weaver's Ripley
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Thumbs up

Jeez, let this franchise die already. It is a mercy killing at this point. There is no need for a Terminator Seven in theory or practice.

I think there's still potential for the Terminator franchise - they just needed to realize it could work without Arnold after T2. Focus on John Connor and the war. (and not the way they tried to do it - by focusing on some Terminator who thought he was a real boy. That was pointless)